Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Video bassani catted xpipe+Mac axleback

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 08:26 PM
jwgroovin
2nd Gear Member

Default Video bassani catted xpipe+Mac axleback

I've had a lot of requests for this so I put together a brief video to illustrate the sound the Bassani catted x-pipe adds to the Mac axleback. It's louder and meaner. The file is a large 25MB Quicktime movie at

http://www.ballisticsoftware.com/ima...csaxleback.mov.

I'm not doing wide open throttle as I'm in my neighborhood, and it was too cold and windy to take it to a wide open area for some petal to the metal sound. But I think you get the picture.

If anyone knows how to convert this to mpg or Windows media format let me know, or even to just to reduce the size of the file, I'd appreciate it.

John
Old 02-20-2006, 10:16 PM
andyman
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Video bassani catted xpipe+Mac axleback

ORIGINAL: jwgroovin

I've had a lot of requests for this so I put together a brief video to illustrate the sound the Bassani catted x-pipe adds to the Mac axleback. It's louder and meaner. The file is a large 25MB Quicktime movie at

http://www.ballisticsoftware.com/ima...csaxleback.mov.

I'm not doing wide open throttle as I'm in my neighborhood, and it was too cold and windy to take it to a wide open area for some petal to the metal sound. But I think you get the picture.

If anyone knows how to convert this to mpg or Windows media format let me know, or even to just to reduce the size of the file, I'd appreciate it.

John
try this link

http://www.ballisticsoftware.com/ima...csaxleback.mov
Old 02-20-2006, 10:17 PM
andyman
4th Gear Member

adn that car looks ****ing AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

only things that I could think to do to it is tint the windows and put some tire shine on the tires... other than that, it's just plain awesome
Old 02-20-2006, 10:25 PM
jwgroovin
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: andyman

adn that car looks ****ing AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

only things that I could think to do to it is tint the windows and put some tire shine on the tires... other than that, it's just plain awesome
Thanks. I've been debating the tint for a while now. And sorry, the car is a bit crudded up. It's been garaged and clean for most of the Maryland winter, but our Mustang club had a meet yesterday, and I traveled 145 miles on interstates with their salt dust residue from the blizzard we had last week. Before pulling it out of the garage for the vid, I wiped down the car but said screw the tires. It was about 38 degrees and windy when I shot the video, and damned if I was washing it today! I'll have it all cleaned up soon enough.

John
Old 02-20-2006, 10:57 PM
StangFish

that sounds meaaaaaaan man. i love it. how does it compare to a bassani catted xpipe+slp loudmouth based on loudness? and are those stock cats or highflow?
Old 02-20-2006, 11:05 PM
jwgroovin
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: StangFish

that sounds meaaaaaaan man. i love it. how does it compare to a bassani catted xpipe+slp loudmouth based on loudness? and are those stock cats or highflow?
I haven't heard one in person with the SLP, so I couldn't say--but it is loud. I've had friends hear me on the road first before I catch up and pass them! But you probably don't want it too much louder as a daily driver. I only take it out in the evenings and weekends, so the sound is desired. I will say that driving around with the windows down is pure muscle car sound heaven. I'd say I'm right near the limit of being too loud.

The cats came with the Bassani kit: you can set it up as offroad or with the high flow cats included. It was installed without the cats first, but it was VERY raspy and sounded like crap. The included cats really mellowed the sound.

I have heard one other car with this combo and he also had the JBA shorty headers. Pure 60s muscle car music. I'm considering the new BBK shorties...

John
Old 02-21-2006, 09:00 PM
TX007
2nd Gear Member

Couldn't get the video part but heard all I needed, SOUNDS AWESOME!!
Old 02-21-2006, 09:21 PM
jwgroovin
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TX007

Couldn't get the video part but heard all I needed, SOUNDS AWESOME!!
You have the latest version of quicktime installed? You might have to right click and download the whole 25mb file--it might go nutty trying to run it off that old site...

John
Old 02-22-2006, 01:42 PM
zanemoseley
2nd Gear Member

Nice dude. I think its the perfect volume for a night/weekend driver. Probably too loud for a daily driver though but depends on the person I guess.