Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Roush Guys

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 12:26 AM
canes44
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Roush Guys

I know you are right,but about the warranty?
Old 03-03-2006, 12:33 AM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

That's my whole point why I can't see going with the roush. The ONLY good point is the warranty retention but for the money, I would lean to the Saleen who also offers warranty retention under guidelines. Granted, you won't get the the full Saleen potential either cause the guidelines (as with roush) require a VERY CONSERVATIVE AND LEAN tune fro the authorized dealer/installer. I can't blame them for this - heck they don't want people blowing them up..lol.

BUT - the main difference is when your warranty DOES expire, you can easily pulley up that saleen and retune it and make some pretty descent power. With the roush - you're stuck with what ya got...
Old 03-03-2006, 09:20 AM
gregt909
2nd Gear Member

Go for the Roush and keep a 3year 36000 mile warranty on your drive trian. To my knowledge Saleen does not offer any drivetrain warranty on their after market installs. It just covers the S/C. I've seen a couple here with the Roush and they seem very satisfied with the results. I will agree that it is a little pricy but you have some piece of mind with the warranty. I'm picking up my dealer installed Roush today. I'll post my opinions later.
Old 03-03-2006, 03:01 PM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

I personally don't know of a single person who has broken their drive train with ANY s/c set-up at ANY boost level on the new stangs. It is the rods that go 99% of the time and it is 99% of the time because the user has exceeded the included kit and tune that come with the s/c set-up. I have said before and I'll say it again that if warranty is your driving concern, then you should keep your car stock IMO. Saleen does offer the same waranty under guidelines (just as roush) if it is purchased and installed at an authorized ford/saleen dealer. To spend 6K to keep a warranty doesn't make much sense since you could replace your entire motor for that cost. Why not spend 1/2 the money and go forged internals with a 302 stroker kit and be faster than the roush on an n/a car and have no worries what-so-ever of your engine ever blowing up?
Old 03-03-2006, 05:28 PM
toolttime
2nd Gear Member

I am tootally satisfied with my roush s/c. I wanted some thing that makes it fun to drive. Not wundering if the engines gonna blow. It smokes the tires in all 3 gears which is enough for me. From all the threads I read fom engine blowing to tuning problems with other s/c and that they did not look to me as very clean estectic look under the hood as the roush is. Some others s/c just look like they are thrown together. I am building a car for shows mainly and not racing all the time. Some guys don't mind having to play around with tunes, injectors, rebuild engines. Not me I want to be able to use it when i want to. Not like some some that have blown engines and have nothing to drive. If I wanted a racer I would start with the ford bare body race and build from there not with my stret car. Besides I have won 2 out of 2 car shows with mine and that's what i prefer. Some other Roush guys with roush s/c have them dynod and they are dead on with the roush tune no ned to improve. Power been from 385-400 in different ones. I won't let any tuner touch my car If Ever I had a problem I'd work with roush on it. I beleve roush's track record in all forms of racing can not be matched by anyone so I have gone with a proven winner. Hell who needs more then 385 - 400hp for street driving anyhow???? I konow I don't and what I have now is fricking awsome!!!!!!
Roush suspension, roush front and rear brakes, and new style roush wheels and roush shifter ordered and on there way here to complete the package cause Roush rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!
so far the problems I have had are 0, nothing, perfect, could not get any bettter

P.S. If someone with a gazillion horse power can out race me good for him I say have fun I know I am

Old 03-03-2006, 09:32 PM
Lucy2005
2nd Gear Member

Im also extremely happy with my roushcharger. And I can also pully down the S/C for a lot more horsepower. It just voids the warranty. Heck, you can buy the pully directly from roush. Complete with the warning that it voids the warranty. I agree that 400 hp ( which they HAVE been dynoing at) is plenty for street driving. And it is fun enough to take to the track. I dont care what you have, you can always make it faster, till you get to Top Fuel. It all depends on what you are wanting to do. Besides, Im building an engine for a 67 right now, and I want to go over 600 hp. SO Im starting with a stronger block, stronger rods, and crank. You have to start with the right compoents if you want to build up. Heck, I could run a nitrous set up, methane injection, s/c, smaller pully, and blow the stock rods to cleveland, if that ws waht I was going for. With roush, I got an excellent product, great customer service, peace of mind of a full warranty, knowledge that I have a good product that FORD approves and actually uses in production (see the specs on the shelby) and, yes, a name. But I also like the looks I get from the Fender badge. I admit it. Makes checking the oil at the gas station a real pleasure.
Old 03-03-2006, 09:35 PM
Lucy2005
2nd Gear Member

Tooltime, I have the Roush suspension here, but do you know if they are going to make a strut tower brace that will clear the S/C?
Old 03-03-2006, 09:52 PM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

Come on, let's not just throw crazy numbers out there off the top of our heads. I LOVE roush and was even offered a sponsorship from Jack and Tony personally. My car is hand signed by Jack Roush so I'm certainly not anti-roush but 400 rwhp??? Not in this lifetime on that roush charger. Heck, if it could make 400 - that would be awesome. The sad truth is the best a PROFESSIONAL driver could run in the 1/4 on roush's own car was 13.46 - a whopping 2-3/10's faster than stock. For 6K no less. There is no way that roush charger is giving anyone more than 350 hp. BTW - here's a couple of pics of Jack in my car...

Edit - the orginal concept from Roush was to go with a whipple screw charger NOT a roots. Man, how I wish they would have stuck to their orginal plans and we wouldn't even be having this conversation.... lol

[IMG]local://upfiles/24802/F3A7E4E2BC4B4668A64F54B9DB7D0368.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/24802/94874ACEF62F4E6EA91AD546D5520C43.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-03-2006, 10:05 PM
Mr. Meany
1st Gear Member

Boy, Chevykiller is really calling out all Roushcharger guys to post dynos!!

C'mon!!! Someone has to!!

Old 03-03-2006, 10:10 PM
Mr. Meany
1st Gear Member

Is this BS?

http://www.roushperf.com/feature_rou...ger_must.shtml

I thought we could trust Roush???

Quick Reply: Roush Guys