Notices
GT350 S550 Tech This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the new GT350 Mustang.

7 Takeaways on the New Shelby GT350 as a Daily Driver

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2016, 11:21 AM
barstowpo
2nd Gear Member

I like Texas. I just don't like humidity. May bug out to Montana if things get much worse here. Too bad the roads up there are so bad.
Old 09-08-2016, 01:48 AM
MartyMoose
3rd Gear Member

way late in joining the thread and it's been a few years since I've last even lurked around in here.

Both sides of the argument/observations on page 1 are really valid, for me anyway. Recently transitioning from a Saleen SC'd '07 GT with lots of supporting mods to a '16 GT350 Tech Pack, the driving experiences are very different.

The GT was brutish and raw and I looked forward to modding it and beating on it, the low end torque, the aftermarket stereo and suspension and 3/4 window louvers and chin spoiler and on and on... So much fun modding it and making it what I wanted it to be. Just a blast of fun to own and drive and throw money at.

The GT350 doesn't make me feel like I want to mod it and I miss that feeling. I would like to increase it's low end torque, maybe, and definately improve the stereo sound quality with some better speakers? But that exhaust is damn sweet, the high rpm's is thrilling and the chassis and suspension and tires and brakes inspire handling confidence. I want to rev the **** out of it to hear it scream in the power band and gurgle and pop and holly crap it's cool just the way it is, right off the lot.

But, I miss the GT. I wish I had kept it instead of trading it. The SC'd '07 GT and the NA '16 GT350 are simply different, really different. But if I were to be brutally honest and I had kept the GT I'm really thinking that the GT350 would have been relegated to the garage under a car cover only taking it out on occasion and therefore, quite possibly a waste of money. As it is I'm trying to resist getting a '13-ish Boss to continue feeding the mod bug and the experience of making the car mine. With the GT350 I don't want to change much, just the stereo sound quality and I'm not really interesting in chasing torque mods.

so, yeah. Different cars and I agree with both points of view from page 1. The GT was fun and I enjoyed it and I miss it but that goes away the moment I get the GT350 into the rpm's.