In Memory Of... Post a thread in memorial of a loved one. Pictures and thoughts are welcome.

Please keep this family in your prayers

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 12:53 AM
maxshuty
4th Gear Member

Default Please keep this family in your prayers

Today my Mom and Six year old brother went to another boys birthday party. They were at a park with a bunch of kids, including two kids Parker and Maurice (their house was right across the street from the park). Maurice got hurt playing on the playground so his older brother (Parker, 7 years old) started walking home to get his little brother some help (his little brother wasn't hurt bad or anything, just a little 'boo-boo'). Parker had to cross a street to get to his house--it is the bottom of a hill (where drivers on the top of the hill have a blind spot). Parker was struck by a Mini-van going around 30mph... my mom Ran to the scene, shouted at Parkers younger brother Maurice to go home and get his parents, and meanwhile my mom had some other adults call 911. My mom had jackets put on Parker, who was bleeding pretty bad and non responsive. The Ambulance came and attended to Parker and had to do some stuff right on the scene, while they called in Mayo-1 (a sort of "last-resort" is probably the best way to put it--basically a helicopter that is called to scenes). Mayo-1 airlifted Parker to Mayo Clinic (the best Hospital in the world) which is about 45 miles away (driving distance) from where the accident all occurred. Parker's little brother came to our house while his family rushed to Mayo Clinic (my mom told the parents they needed to go to Mayo Clinic as quickly as possible and she would take care of Maurice meanwhile). So Maurice stayed at our house for a little bit then my mom received a call from a friend of Parkers Family... the friend was picking up Maurice from our house so that he could say his last good-bye's to his brother... The doctors said there was no hope. Then a sort of miracle seemed to occur- Maurice went into the hospital room and said to his brother "JEEZ YOU SURE GOT HIT HARD!" and his brother (who was non-responsive the whole time) started moving his left arm. So the doctors did some tests and he is becoming more responsive. As I'm typing this now Parker is in undergoing surgery.

I know its a graphic story-I was not there to witness any of it, but this is the story my mom told me. It really shows you how fragile life is. This isn't exactly the correct section of the forums, but I think it fits fine.

Please keep Parker and his family in your Prayers.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:51 AM
SHO NO MERCY
4th Gear Member

Man, makes me sad to here. Really hurts when someone so young is in pain. I really pray the little guy pulls through this. Prayers and thoughts are with his family in such a rough time.
Old 10-30-2008, 04:31 PM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

I hope the best for the child, however, why is a 7yo crossing a street by himself. Where were the parents?
Old 10-30-2008, 10:24 PM
maxshuty
4th Gear Member

I regret to say this, but he passed away... It was coinincidental because he passed away the same day my Grandpa passed away. Kind of a hard time around here.

The 7y/o was crossing to get help for his brother (he was playing with kids at a birthday party at a park across from his house). The street isn't very high traffic or anything like that... Just sort of wrong place at the wrong time.
Old 10-31-2008, 05:49 PM
SHO NO MERCY
4th Gear Member

That's so damn sad...poor kid. Thoughts and prayers w/ to his family...Rest in peace...
Old 10-31-2008, 06:54 PM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

That's truly a shame. Very sorry for the loss of a child!!!
Old 11-01-2008, 01:16 AM
notchbackmatt87
3rd Gear Member

your all in my prayers stay strong.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:20 AM
PennState
6th Gear Member

thats really sad, rip little man.
Old 11-03-2008, 01:45 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

Sorry to hear that.....I am sure it is hard on the driver who hit him also.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:35 AM
maxshuty
4th Gear Member

I thought that too... I dont know which would be worse, having your little kid die or knowing you killed an innocent little kid... either one follows you for the rest of your life.....
Of course noone wants either but man...

Originally Posted by VaporDude
Sorry to hear that.....I am sure it is hard on the driver who hit him also.

Quick Reply: Please keep this family in your prayers