In Memory Of... Post a thread in memorial of a loved one. Pictures and thoughts are welcome.

My sister Kimmie....

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 07:38 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Default My sister Kimmie....

November 16th, 2010 my younger sister suddenly passed away. Kimmie was 42 years young with (4) kids and (1) grand-child. My nephew (15 years old) came home from school to find her in her bed asleep...or so he thought. He tried to wake her to tell her he had a bad day at school, but she would not wake up. As much as my heart aches for myself, it aches even more for her kids and for my parents.

I drove to NY to be with my parents and my other relatives in the area. Kimmie was the 4th child of 5 kids for my parents. As a kid she was such a pain in the *** following me and my older sisters all over getting in our business. As we got older she got better.

About 15 years ago Kimmie was hit by a drunk driver and dragged for about 300 ft. She was in critical condition and had multiple surgeries. The accident left her with one leg shorter than the other and this caused her alot of back and hip pain. Kimmie was a trooper though and sucked it up as much as possible. 2 years ago she slipped on the ice and suffered internal bleeding. During the surgery the doctor nicked her nerves in her back and ever since she has been on major pain meds and for the most part stayed in the house as walking was so painful. The meds caused her alot of emotional swings and depression that was agonizing to witness for those that knew her before.

Last summer I went to NY to visit and drove my 2010 Mustang GT. When my sister saw the car she wanted to take it for a spin!! I told her to climb in and I would take her out. She would have none of that. She wanted to drive...so I climbed into the passenger seat...she ordered me out and told me to sit on the porch. She took off and headed down the street and around the corner. I heard her squeal the tires and go thru the gears. When she came back about 1/2 hour later she had a grin on her face that went from ear to ear. When she got out of the car I could see the pain on her face but she told me it was worth it. She loved that car for sure!! I was glad she got the chance to drive it and see that smile that had been gone for some time.

Kimmie is no longer in constant pain and for that I am grateful. The meds she was on did little to stop he pain but did alot to make her a different person. Gone was the cheerful vibrant girl I remembered...replaced by someone depressed and longing for a better life for herself and her kids. I was glad something as simple as a car drive was able to bring her so much happiness for a short period of time. She was looking forward to driving the 2011 next year and in her honor I am going to name the car "Kimmie".

Rest in peace Kimmie, you are loved by all those that truly knew you!!!

Love ya.... your big brother
Old 12-01-2010, 07:37 AM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

My sincere condolences to you and the rest of yours/Kimmie's family...
Old 12-01-2010, 11:39 AM
HRnB
Administrator

Sorry for your loss, David. It's nice that you have such happy memories of her. RIP, Kimmie.
Old 12-01-2010, 01:40 PM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

What a wonderful tribute to her......so sorry for the loss of a soul so full of life.
Old 12-01-2010, 05:43 PM
DRAGUL
5th Gear Member

Sorry for your loss. She sounded like a wonderful person.
Old 12-01-2010, 06:40 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Thanks everyone... it's tough to lose a family member...tougher still to lose one so young... and worse to have it happen so close to the holidays knowing you were going to see them for Christmas. Now my concern is my niece and nephews and making sure they are ok mentally / emotionally during the holidays and making sure that we can still give them a decent Christmas.
Old 12-01-2010, 06:59 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Sorry for your loss, Bro!
Old 12-01-2010, 07:02 PM
Jenzpony
3rd Gear Member

Wow I am really sorry to read this thoughts and prayers for your family, she was sooo young! Atleast she is no longer suffering, and you have a good memory of her with your car..I bet that will stick with you forever
Old 12-01-2010, 08:16 PM
speedstang06
4th Gear Member

Really sorry for you loss... way too young.. Its important to keep you head up and keep pushing forward and be there for one another. Sounds like you all have some great memories, hold on tight to those.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:36 AM
pilatti1
2nd Gear Member

So sorry for the loss of your sister

Quick Reply: My sister Kimmie....