In Memory Of... Post a thread in memorial of a loved one. Pictures and thoughts are welcome.

My grandpa died today

Old 10-17-2012, 11:40 AM
scott4.6
2nd Gear Member

Default My grandpa died today

Well my grandpa passed away today is in home.He was 86 years old. A WW2 vet, retired from the naval ordinance, owned his own grocery store in the 50s,60s,70s,and 80s.He was the nicest man i will ever know. He done things for people that just blew me away. He never meet a stranger, he would take the shirt off his back and give it to you if you needed it.He was the most honest man i ever knew. He raised me cause my piece of **** dad would not. He never asked anyone for anything.i lived with him from 2 years old till i moved out , and then i bought the house next door . so we are very close, he was my grandpa my dad my friend. I will miss him more than anyone could even imagine. Its going to be hard to look over at the house and see someone else i dont know living in his house. I might just have to move.
Old 05-29-2013, 12:38 PM
chuckdee

Sorry for your loss, man. Not sure if you should move ...after the pain goes away, you'll start to have very fond memories. I don't know.
My "grand father", who was not really my grand father but raised me like one, passed away over 10 years ago. He was referred to as "Big John". My real GF was a MF'er who hit my grandma. My grandma kicked him out when my Mom was a very young girl. My grandma had a very large house and back then and she would rent out rooms to people. One of the renters was a man named John. He became close to the family and lived with my Grand mother until they both passed away.
He took me to my first baseball game and was a real character. WWII vet as well.
Old 05-29-2013, 12:48 PM
The Alien
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by scott4.6
Well my grandpa passed away today is in home.He was 86 years old. A WW2 vet, retired from the naval ordinance, owned his own grocery store in the 50s,60s,70s,and 80s.He was the nicest man i will ever know. He done things for people that just blew me away. He never meet a stranger, he would take the shirt off his back and give it to you if you needed it.He was the most honest man i ever knew. He raised me cause my piece of **** dad would not. He never asked anyone for anything.i lived with him from 2 years old till i moved out , and then i bought the house next door . so we are very close, he was my grandpa my dad my friend. I will miss him more than anyone could even imagine. Its going to be hard to look over at the house and see someone else i dont know living in his house. I might just have to move.
I don't think I could say anything to let you feel better, I can't but I see what you wrote and I can feel how much you loved him.
And this is the only important thing. keep this and it will be the best for you and for him

M.
Old 05-29-2013, 06:20 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Sorry for your loss. He sounds like a truly stand up guy who really knew what was important. You obviously have many years of wonderful memories to fall back on, remember the good things, and be patient with the grief, it takes time.
Old 05-29-2013, 06:25 PM
DRAGUL
5th Gear Member

Sorry for your loss
Old 05-29-2013, 10:10 PM
5.0Yeah!
1st Gear Member

I am sorry for your loss. God bless you and your grandfather, and I thank him for his service. My grandfather died a year and a half ago and he served as a Captain aboard the JFK as well as in other high positions for 30 something years. I would just pray for him and ask God to take care of him, as I am sure he is. I wish you the best in this difficult time for you.
Old 06-01-2013, 03:50 AM
akdoggie
2nd Gear Member

My condolences.

I was raised by my Grandparents also, so I definitely can sympathize with you. I lost my Grandpa in 80 and my Grandma in 93. Both were hard to deal with, considering they raised me, like your Grandfather did you. The one thing I will always have, as will you, is knowing that they loved me and I loved them. Enough said.

Again, my Condolences.
Old 06-02-2013, 08:05 PM
Lem-06
4th Gear Member

sorry to hear man, I lost my grandad last year and we all miss him too.
left 5 kids, 11 grandkids, 16 great grandkids and always had time for all of us
Another Navy war vet from WWII and owned an auto shop, even kept going to work after retiring until the day after his heart attack that lead to him leaving us.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:41 AM
TomKat
3rd Gear Member

Im sorry for your loss... may you find peace & happiness through this difficult time.
Old 06-06-2013, 05:30 AM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

May he RIP... Sorry for your loss.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My grandpa died today