Indiana Regional Section Chapter President: Brian68

County Road 100 East in Johnson County

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 05:14 PM
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

Default County Road 100 East in Johnson County

So - I had just hit 50mph in my car and shifted to 5th gear for the remaining half mile drive home. All of a sudden it sounded like I was being ambushed by machine pistols. I dropped my speed to 20mph and took a good look at the road.

Some idiot has it COVERED in pea gravel! I had the same thing happen last week, but I had figured that they pre-salted the road because snow was in the forecast. But this time, NOPE! Pea gravel - and for no apparent reason. There are no signs marking construction - and I've only seen a work truck pulled over once (last week). There haven't been any surveyors, no notices, door to doors, or anything.

My father who is on the council has no idea about it either, and says he can't see why they would do that.

I haven't done a thorough check for nicks and dings yet, but once I gather the guts to do it, I will.

I'm calling the highway department office tomorrow, and if any damage was done to my car, I'll be looking for compensation.
Old 12-13-2011, 05:18 PM
CAR-15
2nd Gear Member

I saw them doing the tar and pea gravel on that road this morning on my way to work. About 9:00am. It sucks. They do that **** because they are too cheap to just repave the road.

I'm sure your car will be ok. probably just the underneath got hit.
Old 12-13-2011, 05:20 PM
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by CAR-15
I saw them doing the tar and pea gravel on that road this morning on my way to work. About 9:00am. It sucks. They do that **** because they are too cheap to just repave the road.

I'm sure your car will be ok. probably just the underneath got hit.
And I live on it so there is no way for me to go around. This really burns me up.

To be honest, I HOPE I have the tiniest little pinprick nick that I can take them to task over.
Old 12-13-2011, 05:32 PM
06gtdamon
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Young_Gun
And I live on it so there is no way for me to go around. This really burns me up.

To be honest, I HOPE I have the tiniest little pinprick nick that I can take them to task over.
Theyre doing their job. No reason to call them raising hell over little rocks. Youre just looking for something to whine about. Like they did it just so people have to drive their vehicles through it
Old 12-13-2011, 05:49 PM
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 06gtdamon
Theyre doing their job. No reason to call them raising hell over little rocks. Youre just looking for something to whine about. Like they did it just so people have to drive their vehicles through it
Perhaps my desire for a set of GT500 replica wheels is clouding my judgement haha
Old 12-13-2011, 05:50 PM
06gtdamon
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Young_Gun
Perhaps my desire for a set of GT500 replica wheels is clouding my judgement haha
Check around craigslist. Saw a local set awhile back for 500 bucks.
Shouldnt be driving that Stang in winter time anyway man.
Old 12-18-2011, 03:13 PM
projectresto83
M.A.D. Motorsports

Sucks......BUT do you really think they are going to compensate you because you didn't pay enough attention to the road and slow down before you hit the gravel? Even in the dark you should have been able to see it long before you hit it at speed. BUT that is also the risk you take driving down county roads. What would have done if you would have hit a deer? Try to sue the state/county because they didn't have a deer crossing sign up or something???
Old 12-18-2011, 03:38 PM
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by projectresto83
Sucks......BUT do you really think they are going to compensate you because you didn't pay enough attention to the road and slow down before you hit the gravel? Even in the dark you should have been able to see it long before you hit it at speed. BUT that is also the risk you take driving down county roads. What would have done if you would have hit a deer? Try to sue the state/county because they didn't have a deer crossing sign up or something???
This is rant thread...

You're taking it way too seriously
Old 12-18-2011, 03:52 PM
projectresto83
M.A.D. Motorsports

Your just ranting and I am just saying.........