Indy Auto Spa is a scam

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 02:28 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Thumbs down Indy Auto Spa is a scam

Indy auto spa, 3353 W.96th Street, Carmel Indiana

http://www.indyautospa.com/index.html

These guys are completely shady and a scam. My husband Matt (howarmat) purchased 2 Groupon's from them last year at the price of $99 a piece for their "premium" detailing service which was a $300+ value. These Groupon's didn't expire until this June.

"Premium Detail - Starting at $300
This is the package for the discerning client who desires the ultimate in rejuvenation and protection. The service starts with our Royal Spa maintenance detail and progresses to include low speed paint polishing, a polymer sealant and continues leaving virtually no surfance untouched. Our Premium Detail is custom tailored to your specific needs and desires."

First off, they had a very shady system of setting up appointments, not to mention it was incredibly difficult. I understand that they most likely over sold, but in order to get an appointment, you had to leave your name and number and they would call you back. I'm sure we all know a system like that never works. My husband would periodically call in and speak with the receptionist. They were polite but would always give him a BS answer saying that we would get a call back. AFTER a month of waiting, I called and spoke to someone. The regular receptionist probably was on lunch or away from the desk and we finally were able to schedule an appointment. I highly doubted that we were going to get a call back. We were scheduled after the Groupon expiration date but they were still being honored, which I will give them that.

On to part 2 of the nightmare.. My car was to go in first. The day before, I did google searches and most of the reviews were the horrid service they received going in with the Groupon. I was hoping maybe my service would be different. IT WASN'T. I felt that I got nothing more than running the car through the car wash, a quick vacuum and a terrible job at wiping down the inside and no protectants. There was NO wax besides what was in the soap formula and certainly no clay bar (which was advertised in the Groupon). There were water drops and streaks all over the outside, chemical spots all over my black vinyl on the deck lid and badge. Whatever they used on my leather seats completely dried it out, not to mention I could see where they squirted my passenger seat and it ran and dried. They never wiped it off. I had to wipe down my seats the next day with my leather conditioner. The windshield was poorly cleaned. You can see the parts where they missed on the windshield. The wheels were cleaned but there were water drops and streaks all over and they ran over some crap which is still stuck on my tire. They did not bother to pop the trunk and clean. There was still dirt and grime in the crevices. They also did not bother to put the car into gear and clean the shifter. I was so ticked off when I saw my car but I bit my lip. I knew Groupon had a guarantee and I didn't want to deal with these clowns anymore. I could of spent 2 hours of my own time and do this job for free, instead paid for a $99 car wash and vacuum.

As for my husband's mustang, they did a better job. He seems to have received the advertised services including wax and clay bar. He was fairly satisfied with the exterior but there were still water spots and streaks. His interior leather was just as dry as mine and there was no protectants on his trim either. I have the red leather which is very touchy. Use the wrong chemical and the color can fade or bleed.

For something such as premium and top line service, I would expect them to make the car pristine, especially after they had each car for 8 hours. I felt nothing but ripped off. My car is silver and his is black. I can see where they can get away with less detailing on silver paint over black. My other theory is that they were done by two different people and I just happened to get the slacker. Either way, this is no way to run a business. Everything should be done the same and to the same extent for the same money paid. These guys are frauds and should be out of business.

DO NOT GO THERE!

Last edited by alkemist; 07-23-2012 at 04:07 PM.
Old 07-23-2012, 02:35 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

That really sucks. Sorry to hear about the crap service I would've definitely said something and not just "bit my lip".

On the flip side and playing devils advocate, I've never been a fan of grupon stuff. I've heard way too many horror storries about people that used the coupons and didn't get what was advertised (You get what you pay for). The other side is, why advertise or offer a groupon in the first place if you're going to offer sub-par service to those who use it?

Put in a complaint with the BBB in your area. If that doesn't get their attention then they are a lost cause and should be out of business.
Old 07-23-2012, 02:51 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Derf00
That really sucks. Sorry to hear about the crap service I would've definitely said something and not just "bit my lip".

On the flip side and playing devils advocate, I've never been a fan of grupon stuff. I've heard way too many horror storries about people that used the coupons and didn't get what was advertised (You get what you pay for). The other side is, why advertise or offer a groupon in the first place if you're going to offer sub-par service to those who use it?
Exactly, they may have made some quick cash but they have lost those customers forever and gave themselves the negative reputation, both local and all over Google and other search engines.

We've never really had any problems with Groupon (at least around here in the Indianapolis area) but apparently this is probably going to be their last and only endorsement by Groupon.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:43 AM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

That's terrible and ur husband has a very nice car
Old 08-06-2012, 11:55 AM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

They actually made it back on Groupon. I don't know how or why but I feel sorry for all those people that purchased. I am even surprised since they are reviewed at 1.5 stars out of 5.