Louisiana Regional Chapter Chapter President: RyansQuick6

ANYONE FROM LOUISIANA??

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 03:42 PM
rsx factor
1st Gear Member

Default RE: ANYONE FROM LOUISIANA??

ORIGINAL: ThisBlood147
Sweeeet. I'm so kickin myself for getting the wing on my car. I'd have the CDC on there by now. Don't have the $$$ to get the holes filled in right now.
I did have the factory wing come on my car, but I pulled it and the 3dCarbon covers the un-used holes.
Old 10-10-2006, 07:26 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: forensicsteve
Sounds really good from the inside (had entire exhaust changed) and the blower whistle is really loud at about 1500 rpms. My neighbors tell me it sounds like a jet coming down the street at those rpms.

[IMG]local://upfiles/46156/4A6822E16F5D4977B2A132614ABAB611.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/46156/A7C754C03BB4457682F9BB45A887CF13.jpg[/IMG]
Haha sweet. Let's everyone around you know whats up. My Saleen blower is rather quiet from the inside, so I don't imagine it makes much whine outside either. So I"m still officially in "sleeper" status.

I see you have the same Cobalt gauges as me also. But I'm sellin the narrowband A/F gauge to get a wideband one. Unfortunately, its on backorder until November.[:@]
Old 10-10-2006, 07:30 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rsx factor

Sweeeet. I'm so kickin myself for getting the wing on my car. I'd have the CDC on there by now. Don't have the $$$ to get the holes filled in right now.
I did have the factory wing come on my car, but I pulled it and the 3dCarbon covers the un-used holes.
Yea, I know. But the CDC mounts to the back of the rear deck...so it doesn't cover the holes. I wasn't gonna go with the CDC at first, but after seeing it on a silver 05 GT in Thibodaux I've changed my mind. Guess it'll just have to wait until later. All my money is going into performance right now. I'm about to put some fatter rubber on some 18" rims and do a full suspension workup. Then its on to the 1 pc driveshaft and an 8 rib belt pulley kit with a 10psi s/c pulley.
Old 10-10-2006, 11:26 PM
rsx factor
1st Gear Member

ThisBlood where did you get your charger and who installed it?
Old 10-13-2006, 10:29 AM
forensicsteve
4th Gear Member

Thibodaux saturday 10/14/06 car show.

Anybody going?
Old 10-13-2006, 07:09 PM
rsx factor
1st Gear Member

Anybody going?

Yeah a friend of mine mentioned that to me last night.
I have to work all day tomorrow.
Old 10-15-2006, 02:17 AM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rsx factor

ThisBlood where did you get your charger and who installed it?
I ordered my Saleen blower from Haney Motorsports. Got a good holiday deal on it last year ($4500 and free shipping). I also went ahead and ordered the support kit from JDM Engineering (JDM cold air kit, 90mm MAF, 39 lb injectors, and SCT2 with 2 tunes). I had everything put in by Freddy Hebert...... he heads up the Meineke Shop on Canal in Thibodaux. He was recommended by my saleman at Terrebonne Ford, actually. I was very surprised to see the amount of performance based work he has going through that shop. Lots of s/c'd Harley trucks, RX-7's, and mustangs getting everything from exhaust work to nitrous installs. The guy knows his stuff. I guess it pays better than doing oil changes all day in there. Ha

Anyways, Freddy did a bang up job on my s/c install. Even rerouted alot of wiring to make it all look factory under the hood. I am 100% satisfied with his work. Anything else has to go on that I'm not confident enough to tackle.....he'll be getting my business.

P.S. If you ever head out to his shop, just look for his supercharged black Marauder out front.......it is bada$$.

[IMG]local://upfiles/28087/991E172CBFFA4E60A7E8E2F591B6BEA8.jpg[/IMG]
Old 10-15-2006, 02:27 AM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

Anybody going?
I'm disappointed that I didn't receive your PM until late tonite. Still don't understand the two day delay in delivery. I probably would have made it out there......I live only 5 minutes away from the meet area. I'm gonna get my car readied for next month's meet though. Let's see if this advanced notice will get more of you guys to come out. Anyone else wanna try to make it to the November meet?
Old 10-15-2006, 04:42 AM
rsx factor
1st Gear Member

I'm down, just need someone to post up a date a couple days in advance.

Crap I didn't realize how far south you were talking about, looks like ya'll are even further south than Donaldsonville.
Old 10-15-2006, 04:45 AM
rsx factor
1st Gear Member

I ordered my Saleen blower from Haney Motorsports. Got a good holiday deal on it last year ($4500 and free shipping). I also went ahead and ordered the support kit from JDM Engineering (JDM cold air kit, 90mm MAF, 39 lb injectors, and SCT2 with 2 tunes). I had everything put in by Freddy Hebert...... he heads up the Meineke Shop on Canal in Thibodaux. He was recommended by my saleman at Terrebonne Ford, actually. I was very surprised to see the amount of performance based work he has going through that shop. Lots of s/c'd Harley trucks, RX-7's, and mustangs getting everything from exhaust work to nitrous installs. The guy knows his stuff. I guess it pays better than doing oil changes all day in there. Ha

Anyways, Freddy did a bang up job on my s/c install. Even rerouted alot of wiring to make it all look factory under the hood. I am 100% satisfied with his work. Anything else has to go on that I'm not confident enough to tackle.....he'll be getting my business.

P.S. If you ever head out to his shop, just look for his supercharged black Marauder out front.......it is bada$$.
That pretty much sounds exactly what I want to do on my car. I keep reading good things about JDM.

Quick Reply: ANYONE FROM LOUISIANA??