Mach 1 Section This section is for discussions relating to the reincarnation of the Mach 1 trimline.

Best bang for the buck supercharger...

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 01:06 AM
203Mach1ne
4th Gear Member

Default Best bang for the buck supercharger...

Just curious as to what is the cheapest supercharger kit available for the Mach 1???
I want some more power than just minor bolt ons like intake/exhaust...but then again if I have to spend $5+ grand on a supercharger I might as well upgrade to a Termi.
Any kits for under 5K that will net some good power gains?
Old 06-07-2007, 11:38 AM
Machwon
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Best bang for the buck supercharger...

My vote goes to a base ATI Procharger P-1SC kit with the 2 core intercooler. It would be able to push the engine to the limits for a very small cost...and they are intercooled, and self contained!
Old 06-07-2007, 03:40 PM
203Mach1ne
4th Gear Member

link please?
Old 06-07-2007, 05:16 PM
Machwon
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 203Mach1ne

link please?
http://superchargers4less.com/procha...3_04_mach1.htm

http://www.rpmoutlet.com/mach1ati.htm
Old 06-07-2007, 07:28 PM
03supercobra
1st Gear Member

wat ever u guys do do not purchase from rpmoulet, everytime i ordered something they would send the wrong part and when i called them they treated me like crap especially some dick named george. they have the worst service ever
Old 06-07-2007, 07:52 PM
Machwon
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 03supercobra

wat ever u guys do do not purchase from rpmoulet, everytime i ordered something they would send the wrong part and when i called them they treated me like crap especially some dick named george. they have the worst service ever
x 2 - although I have had good luck with them in the past I have heard some pretty bad stories about their service.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:17 AM
203Mach1ne
4th Gear Member

Yeah I heard bad stories about RPM Outlet and I just ordered my X pipe from them..I hope all goes well

But would anybody recommend going with an Eaton from a stock 03 cobra??
I know there are a lot of pieces to the kit, but I can get one for about $1600 shipped...
Would I be looking at around 400 hp/tq (already have LM1s, Pypes Catted X, Intake Spacer)
And how hard is the install?
Old 06-08-2007, 01:57 PM
groundpounder
Sith Lord/Site Mod

Check back with us on the X and let us know how they did. I've bought some stuff from them and haven't had any problems to date.

That Eaton sounds like an OK deal as long as it's pretty complete - injectors, pumps, plumbing, etc. I would have it ported and polished for sure, too, since it's already out. How much boost are you planning on running with it? Machs have 10.1:1 stock compression, so you have to treat boost a little more carefully.

Install isn't easy, but doable from what I've picked up. You have to be pretty darn good with a wrench. I don't think your shaker will be functional, and I think you have to do some trick stuff with it just to keep it for appearance purposes. Keep us posted!
Old 06-08-2007, 02:27 PM
Machwon
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 203Mach1ne

Yeah I heard bad stories about RPM Outlet and I just ordered my X pipe from them..I hope all goes well

But would anybody recommend going with an Eaton from a stock 03 cobra??
I know there are a lot of pieces to the kit, but I can get one for about $1600 shipped...
Would I be looking at around 400 hp/tq (already have LM1s, Pypes Catted X, Intake Spacer)
And how hard is the install?
If you're planning on the Eaton install...get ready for a Huge job! You need more than alot of parts for it...you need closer to a Ton of parts. I think one guy that did it said he needed in the end 3 pages of tabular sorted parts to do it- plus he had to hack up the shaker something horrible to make it fit and work. You will need pretty much everything from the and including the engine timing cover forward including lines, brackets, alternator, bolts, belts, hoses, reservoirs, coolers, etc etc. To me it just makes more sense to get a brand new warrantied complete kit from ATI or Vortech...plus I like centri blowers (just IMO). Hope that helps!
Old 06-08-2007, 06:56 PM
203Mach1ne
4th Gear Member

Any instructions on install????
I've done some searches but no reults []

Quick Reply: Best bang for the buck supercharger...