MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mach 1 Section (https://mustangforums.com/forum/mach-1-section-86/)
-   -   New Mach owner looking for some tips ! (https://mustangforums.com/forum/mach-1-section/306740-new-mach-owner-looking-for-some-tips.html)

95boostang 06-20-2007 03:36 PM

New Mach owner looking for some tips !

Hey all , i just bought a 2004 Screamin yellow mach with 14000 miles on her! it has a cat back exhaust on it and the hurst package from the factory. i want to do some small mods to it like maybe a CAI and a new x or h pipe . Just wanted to hear some suggestions on the best CAI(if they are even worth it) and a really nice sounding x or h pipe . Also what kind of tuner to use so i can get the car dynoed after the mods

Baron von Munchausen 06-20-2007 08:16 PM

RE: New Mach owner looking for some tips !

I would recommend the SCT XCal 2 flash tuner, only because more tuning shops are currently using SCT software. It's really no better than a tune developed using Diablo CMR software for use with the Predator flash tuner, but tunes for the XCal 2like I said are more readily available.

I use a MRT catted H-pipe and like the results. Also seriously consider going to 4.10 or 4.30 rear gears.

Congrats on getting your Mach.

DaMach04 06-21-2007 01:10 PM

if you put a CAI on it w/o many other mods. you wont be happy with it. but if you add a TB, MAF with it, it would respond much better.

as far as x or h. I preffer x pipes, and if you are gonna go X i would go bassani. Its not just 2 pieces of pipe that are bent and cut and welded to make an X. Its all one moulded piece. flows much better.

if you are going to go H, i think i heard SLP make a good H.

203Mach1ne 06-21-2007 09:13 PM

SLP doesnt make an H pipe???
They do however make a very nice X-pipe which is compatible with their longtube headers. I would recommend the SLP pipe + headers if you can afford them.
Any other tru-X design will be good as well (Pypes, SLP, Magnaflow, UPR, etc.)

Intake...I'd say most people go with JLT

DaMach04 06-22-2007 06:28 PM

they dont make an H? must have beent he X i heard about then. but i still wouldnt use any other X accept Bassani.

REDS 5.0 06-23-2007 04:55 PM

There was no Hurst option from the factory on these Machs. Someone musta told you wrong.

geoffav 06-25-2007 01:24 AM

ORIGINAL: 95boostang

Hey all , i just bought a 2004 Screamin yellow mach with 14000 miles on her! it has a cat back exhaust on it and the hurst package from the factory. i want to do some small mods to it like maybe a CAI and a new x or h pipe . Just wanted to hear some suggestions on the best CAI(if they are even worth it) and a really nice sounding x or h pipe . Also what kind of tuner to use so i can get the car dynoed after the mods
As stated above, there was no Hurst optioned factory Mach1's in 03-04. If thats the extent of the mods you plan I would tune using the Sniper SF and just enter the data and flash it yourself. I don't think the hp gain from the various CAI's greatly different and unless this is a track car I would go with the best looking one that's easy to install. I like the MRT and C&L . I have the o/r MRT H and SLP power-flo catback, it is slightly loud. I also like the Bassani SS X-pipe. The dyno post Sniper SF tune would be more of a check to see it worked but it can also be tweaked by any knowledgable tuner using your computer and the SF software. Good luck.

1fstmach 06-25-2007 03:09 PM

Dr Gas X

REDS 5.0 06-25-2007 11:30 PM

Yo Geoff, is that FASTemblem on your car and where'd you get it?

DaMach04 06-26-2007 12:45 PM

ORIGINAL: REDS 5.0

Yo Geoff, is that FAST emblem on your car and where'd you get it?

yea i noticed that too.

if u have a link to a website where it can be ordered, post it up.