Mach 1 Section This section is for discussions relating to the reincarnation of the Mach 1 trimline.

What should I do now???

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 11:42 PM
HamMach1
5th Gear Member

Default What should I do now???

Well summer is here and it's money making time for me. I have full exhaust except headers and a JLT intake. What shall I do next that will give the Mach a push on the dyno (and the butt). Something other than gears.

I was thinking headers but I wouldn't wanna go with LT's because than I'd have to get a new midpipe and I'd also fail inspections here. Maybe some shorty's though not as great as LT's it'd still help finallize the exhaust part of the car. Maybe some intake mods or suspension? I should probably look into making my car breath better before I worry about suspension.
Old 07-05-2007, 06:06 AM
laserred38
5th Gear Member

Default RE: What should I do now???

Hey man. I was actually thinking about you today (in a NOT gay way lol) because my local Ford dealer has a DSG 03 Mach for sale. I sat in it and GOD I want it SOOO bad. Anyway it had some kind of cheap exhaust and some SFCs and a REALLY short shifter (unknown brand). But yea I started modding it in my head of course, and I would do full exhaust (I know you have the Mag X-pipe and Packs), a K&N filter, short shifter, stereo system, Cobra bumper, then full out suspension with coilovers.

Now with your car, you already have the intake and exhaust. I suggest some Ford Racing shorties if you want to go that route. Your really don't need anything else except for a tuner and blower on the engine side. I'd want my Mach to have about 300whp and then I would concentrate on suspension. I'm more of a road racer type, so my next car is going to have coilovers FOR sure. So for you, I would do a short shifter, shory headers, then suspension.

(and oh yea, fix that right C-pillar if you already haven't )
Old 07-05-2007, 10:04 AM
HamMach1
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: laserred38

Hey man. I was actually thinking about you today (in a NOT gay way lol) because my local Ford dealer has a DSG 03 Mach for sale. I sat in it and GOD I want it SOOO bad. Anyway it had some kind of cheap exhaust and some SFCs and a REALLY short shifter (unknown brand). But yea I started modding it in my head of course, and I would do full exhaust (I know you have the Mag X-pipe and Packs), a K&N filter, short shifter, stereo system, Cobra bumper, then full out suspension with coilovers.

Now with your car, you already have the intake and exhaust. I suggest some Ford Racing shorties if you want to go that route. Your really don't need anything else except for a tuner and blower on the engine side. I'd want my Mach to have about 300whp and then I would concentrate on suspension. I'm more of a road racer type, so my next car is going to have coilovers FOR sure. So for you, I would do a short shifter, shory headers, then suspension.

(and oh yea, fix that right C-pillar if you already haven't )
Juuuust when I was getting over it... LOL

So FRPP shorties huh? MGW short throw is on the top of my list to because shifting a mustang is seriously like paddling a boat
Anyone have a link for Ford Racing headers? I can't seeem to find them on their site.
Old 07-05-2007, 02:52 PM
203Mach1ne
4th Gear Member

+1 on an MGW shifter
Then I'd get a set of Lakewood Traction Action bars off Jegs and a set of sticky tires and you'll be set
Old 07-05-2007, 08:24 PM
laserred38
5th Gear Member

Yea man that C-pillar was killer. Apparently there were a few Bullitts/Machs that had that problem. Someone wasn't taking their meds at the factory or something lol. IDK which shifter the Mach I sat in had, but it was THE shortest/tightest shifter I've felt in a Mustang. I've driven my buddy's GT with a Tri-Ax, which was GOOD, but the one in the Mach was different. I'm thinking it might have been a MGW. I've never felt the MGW though, so I can't be sure. All I know is it is AMAZING. Shorties aren't even really needed, but I would do them just to get rid of the stock logs. If I had a Mach I would go all Bassani on the exhaust (including the Mid-Length headers) and say screw CA emissions. But that's JMO. I would do the shifter first then.
Old 07-06-2007, 02:36 AM
HamMach1
5th Gear Member

Well I don't live in CA lol but Im not gonna spend more money and another full exhaust system. Im actually considering the shifter more simply because it's cheaper and plus my 2nd-3rd is being annoying right now
Old 07-19-2007, 07:34 PM
laserred38
5th Gear Member

I wasn't suggesting you to change your exhaust. It sounds good as is. I was just saying which exhaust I would go with. Yea go with the shifter for sure!