Mach 1 Section This section is for discussions relating to the reincarnation of the Mach 1 trimline.

Convince me to sell my GT and get a Mach 1

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 08:50 AM
ScorpiuS
2nd Gear Member

Default Convince me to sell my GT and get a Mach 1

Whats up fellas, so currently I have a 03 gt w/ only a bassani catback, here recently I've been looking at Mach 1's alot, I found one for a decent price and I began to seriously consider possibly purchasing it, can somebody justify me spending another 5k or so on a Mach 1 and sell my GT. I already know Machs are more rare and the novelty and what not, but like how much HP do machs usually dyno at w/ full boltons I know that w/ full bolt ons on my GT would still not even touch the stock HP of a mach 1 so I like that. Thx in advance guys!
Old 02-26-2008, 09:09 AM
jmac72187
corner carver

Default RE: Convince me to sell my GT and get a Mach 1

Do it...
Old 02-26-2008, 09:18 AM
renegadeoffunk0

they're nicer inside. plus 32v is always a plus.
Old 02-26-2008, 09:28 AM
ScorpiuS
2nd Gear Member

Yea trust me I want to, so what does a Mach 1 w/ full boltons usually dyno at? And they respond alot better to mods compared to the GT right?
Old 02-26-2008, 09:43 AM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

mach 1 full bolt on's dyno's close to 300-315rwhp....just depends on the dyno and the tune.
Old 02-26-2008, 09:50 AM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

like i tell everybody that asks, if you can do it and it wont set you back so much it will hurt you then go for it, but always think of your financial security before you do something.
Old 02-26-2008, 10:17 AM
snakebitx1
2nd Gear Member

310HP 331TQ... Mod: Drop in filter, intake spacer, mid pipe & catback, and aluminum driveshaft.

1/4 mile: 12.7 @ 107 with some nitto 555R

Plus what everybody else said, but the power is crazy for how little i've done. You don't see many bolt on GT's at the track running 12's [:@]

If you can swing it and not be hurtin... DO IT!!
Old 02-26-2008, 10:33 AM
ScorpiuS
2nd Gear Member

Wow, well I would love just to own one, and 310 and not many boltons thats pretty good, I figure it would cost me around the same amount to get my GT to close to that point as it would just to upgrade to a Mach 1, so really I can't see why I just don't go ahead and try to go for it, except theres not many located around where I am[&:] and they are overpriced like crazy like 19k average....well if I find the right one for the right price ima jump on it I think, thanks alot guys for all the input!
Old 02-26-2008, 11:40 AM
jchittick
3rd Gear Member

As a previous GT owner, I would say absolutely do it. It is a different beast than the GT and you won't regret it.
Old 02-26-2008, 05:33 PM
WIKD

Don't want to talk you into it. If by looking at it, with the shaker and retro interior, it doesn't grab you by the nads and scream buy me then you'll never fully understand. That's what it was for me. Money wasn't really a factor, I'd been looking at Cobras and newer GT's and the wife already OK'ed the Rousch if I wanted it, but the retro styling grabbed me. Once my buddy brought his by to show me thats all it took. Funny had he not came by that day I might have ended up with a Cobra since I never knew about the Mach 1's differences. Thought it was just another paint and decal idea.

Quick Reply: Convince me to sell my GT and get a Mach 1