Mach 1 Section This section is for discussions relating to the reincarnation of the Mach 1 trimline.

Just purchased an O/R H-pipe and diablo tuner!

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 04:45 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Default Just purchased an O/R H-pipe and diablo tuner!

After I had my slp loudmouth 2 exhaust installed, I wasn't happy with the sound volume(I guess I'm fussy). So I researched and found out I only have an OBD 2 test for emissions and a hi-flow mid-pipe wouldn't pass a sniffer test if I had one so I bought an o/r h-pipe. Do you think this is a good idea for what I was looking to do? No nearfuture plans for headers on the mods list, they are way down there. I got the diablo tuner to turnfix theCEL and turn off the O2 sensorsfor theemissions scan OBD 2 test. This should haveme pass emissions andgive me a few more hp . Thanks for reading.
Old 04-01-2008, 11:49 PM
rygi23
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Just purchased an O/R H-pipe and diablo tuner!

Right there with ya, installed o/r h to go w/ lm1s. Wish I had your lm2s sometimes. For the $ the o/r pipe is the best mod. Lots of power gain, cats restrict gobs of power. LOTS of sound. Heard a Mach w/ only an o/r h and the stock muffs sounded great. Put mine on right after I went through OBDII emissions, been told 02 extensions and Diablo will pass. If ya haven't installed the h yet...get some alum. colored high temp paint for it. Last 10 times longer, no rust. Got mine from groundpounder for $60, lots of surface rust. After a sand and paint, dude at the shop underneath the car thought the h was brand new. Gr8 job. trust me, you'll reap benefits!
Old 04-02-2008, 12:25 AM
NotStok
3rd Gear Member

Congrats on the mid. I'm going o/r H as well! My Mac catback sounds 100x better than stock, but she still sounds like she's being choked. Oh well, next paycheck, here comes o/r H and gears!

If you don't mind me asking, what brand did you go with? And who'd you order it from?
Old 04-02-2008, 09:17 AM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Good to hear rygi [sm=smiley20.gif]. I was surprised how tame the loudmouth 2's were with the stock mid and stock headers, so I am glad this o/r h will wake my exhaust up and get me some power. Any ideas or guesses of how much hp the gain is? I am not sure if painting is needed, b/c on the link below, it says it's dipped in something to prevent corrosion and keep temps low.

NotStok, I went with the mac o/r h-pipe and got it from here: http://www.lethalperformance.com/pag...aef6c393fee847. Mac is a great cat-back and I would have went with that if I didn't want a nice hp jump from my exhaust w/ little restriction and lots of sound(what the loudmouths were made to do and they're best on the market for that). But the cat-back alone still wasn't loud enough for me
Old 04-02-2008, 01:24 PM
rygi23
4th Gear Member

hp gain, I ain't sure and I hate to speculate b/c I'm sure someone would chime in with a different number. I do know that the o/r pipe makes one helluva bigger difference than a catback. The cats are where 90% of the restriction is, not the muffs. Give em hell.
Old 04-02-2008, 01:28 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rygi23

hp gain, I ain't sure and I hate to speculate b/c I'm sure someone would chime in with a different number. I do know that the o/r pipe makes one helluva bigger difference than a catback. The cats are where 90% of the restriction is, not the muffs. Give em hell.
That's ok you don't have a number someone will chime in or I'll search around if no one does.

Andoh yes I am going to give people hell alright, especially my neighbors when I come home at 1am some nights, mostly weekends

Old 04-02-2008, 08:42 PM
rygi23
4th Gear Member

Feels like a good 15-20 hp in mine. Made a helluva difference.
With my o/r h and lm1s, if there's a kojak with a kodak behind me I
have to shift @ 1800 (right before the resonators start resonating) to
avoid the chance of a ticket. Don't think you'll have that problem
though.
Old 04-03-2008, 09:33 AM
Furinox
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rygi23

Feels like a good 15-20 hp in mine. Made a helluva difference.
With my o/r h and lm1s, if there's a kojak with a kodak behind me I
have to shift @ 1800 (right before the resonators start resonating) to
avoid the chance of a ticket. Don't think you'll have that problem
though.
That's probably about right. Figure 10 for the midpipe and 5 for the catback.
Old 04-03-2008, 03:38 PM
groundpounder
Sith Lord/Site Mod

I LOVE LOVE LOVE all this talk of loud Machs!! I'm raising you boys RIGHT!!!

I'm SO glad you're happy with the H, Ryan. Warms my old heart to think you stole it from me for $60 and with a little TLC, someone thought it was new. KICK ***!
Old 04-08-2008, 07:52 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Update!

Installed the o/r h-pipe and turned off O2 sensors. There are no check engine lights and it sounds awesome! Very loud! And the best part of it all is no cab drone at all. [8D]

Quick Reply: Just purchased an O/R H-pipe and diablo tuner!