Mach 1 Section This section is for discussions relating to the reincarnation of the Mach 1 trimline.

How much can I squeeze out of a P1?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 09:44 AM
Subotai_95
4th Gear Member

Default How much can I squeeze out of a P1?

Hey bruddas,

I asked this question in the 4.6 section and wanted to get some opinions from fellow machers.. Question is how much can I push to the wheels out of a P1 head unit before I NEED to get a boost-a-pump? I've heard anything from 490-550 period, and am not quite sure if I will need a boost-a-pump to get this out of it without phucking the engine up. By the time I get back I'll have forged internals, so that's not an issue. I would just rather avoid having to spend the cash for a boost a pump if I don't have to as that'd be funds I can throw at my suspension which needs a couple of tweaks.. Any ideas brohams?

And before I forget like a tard [&:], I'm running out at 8 psi, pushing about 510 to the crank, and448 to the wheels right now (that's right around a 12% drivetrain loss, which I figured was pretty standard for a manual), on a predator tune.
Old 05-14-2008, 09:57 AM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

Default RE: How much can I squeeze out of a P1?

i know the standard p1sc (not the one you have) can push 10-12 psi MAX to get right about where you are now. but you have the S/C-2 which can push up to 12-13psi i believe (?) and i think that should get you over the 500rwhp mark, but i would figure it wouldn't be to close to 550rwhp i would think closer to 515-525rwhp at most.

COREY give us your insight
Old 05-14-2008, 10:39 AM
Subotai_95
4th Gear Member

Hrrmmm.. I'm curious though, an additional 4 psi only equals 65-75 more RWHP? Or is there an exponent I'm missing here in the required boost vs. hp gains equation? I know there are a bunch of factors that come into play at the higher boost levels, like how well the heads breathe, etc. it just seems like there would a BIT more of a gain from 1/2 again increasing the boost, considering I went from around 280-ish to the wheels stock to about 450 to the wheels.. Granted some of that was from headers/mids/exhaust, but I figure about a 160-170rwhp gain from the blower. ANYWAY, kinda off-topic.. lol I'm wondering will I need a boost a pump to run the P1 S/C-2 at about 12 psi broham?

I've heard ****-loads of people mention them, but I don't know anybody on the forums whose actually got one.. at least not in a mach anyway..
Old 05-14-2008, 11:01 AM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

I don't know what your goals are, but make sure whatever they are, that the rest of the system is stable at that psi or hp (headunit, intercooler, etc). Not sure you will be able to hit your goals on with this turbine or head unit, but something I see a lot of people doing to get the most hp out of their superchargers is adding meth injection to the system. It's supposed to cool intake temps and add 10-20% hp to the wheels if tuned. I see yougot 440whp now, so with a good meth systemand uppedpsi to 11/12 I can see you hitting over 550whp, possibly more. If you wanna look into that,I hear awellknowdealer is snow performance. They also have a lot of safety kitsand stuff to make sure your engine won't blow using the system(sorta like nitrous systems). It's pretty cheap for a good kit and you can check outthere forum on the site and ask questions. Only down side is you have to use their boost juice, which could get costly if you hit boost a lot. Just letting you know about that b/c I was looking into it if I was gonna supercharge my 6, but instead I decided to get the mach and am happy as ever
Old 05-14-2008, 11:02 AM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

i've been doing some reading on the M1R and it looks like the p1sc (nromal one) maxes out at about 450-470rwhp w/out a complete fuel system upgrade, but with you d1 impellar i think you can push the 12psi, but your gonna run lean thats where im getting the lower 500's from. WITH the BAP i can see you grabbing up to 575rwhp maybe a little bit more, but if you dont feed the dogs they will bit the owner!

you could upgrade to the twin cobra pump deal and BAP it w/ larger injectors i see better than 600rwhp
Old 05-14-2008, 11:10 AM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

OH **** dude i just thought about something!
if you have the IC i assume you do buy a 25-50shot of NOS and spray it into the intercooler...it will supercool the air and the particles afer the cooling is forced/ compressed slightly into the intake, so it serves as a dual purpose you will get cooler air and your going to see the N20 effects as well!

with, meth you run the risk of no detination and it can get messed, but i guess thats what the safety system is for.
Old 05-14-2008, 01:22 PM
Subotai_95
4th Gear Member

Hrrmm.. The NOS idea doesn't sound bad brudda, the only thing would be, a 50-shot ZEX wet kit would cost almost as much as a boost-a-pump would, once you include installation and all that shiznit. To be honest the last car I worked on myself was dad's old 69 Cougar, so I've got little to no hands on experience with anything made past about 1980. lol Now if this were a 69 Mach with a 380 HiPro swap that'd be different.. lol ANYWAY, There's the meth kit, and and the juice kit to consider.. Or the boost a pump.. I'm kinda leaning towards the boost a pump because I have absolutely zero experience with the juice and I don't want to kill the ol' girl before she's paid off. lol Besides, 575-600rwhp is right where I want to be anyway. The only thing is it's gonna be HELL to hook, because the guy that had the car before I did apparently beat the **** out of the Bilstein adjustables on it, so those are lookin kinda iffy, plus I could use a good strut tower brace, I'll need the 8-rib pulley upgrade, smaller pulley, POSSIBLY 60# injectors (or do you think the 42#'rs I have will work? I'm thinking with the BAP I'll need to upgrade those too),and I still have to get the rod/rings installed, so I've got a bit to pay for still. It's all gonna depend on how much money I have available to throw at it. Still, I've got a much better idea now of what I wanna do with it than I did.
Old 05-14-2008, 01:50 PM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

OH MAN you gogt the 42#'s i think those max at 600rwhp GP help me out here. with the BAP and 42#'s and twin cobra pumps or you could buy the 255lph SVT focus pump you should be able to see you goals with that.....just buy the kit used tap the IC on the inlet run the joiuce to cool it right at the inlet and it will just get colder going through.
Old 05-14-2008, 02:12 PM
groundpounder
Sith Lord/Site Mod

to answer your original question, with 12-13 psi, I think you'll need bigger injectors AND a BAP. And depending on cam specs and head work, I think you'll be well in excess of 600 rwhp
Old 05-14-2008, 02:27 PM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

so he's gonna need the 60's? jesus! what about the pumps?

Quick Reply: How much can I squeeze out of a P1?