Mach 1 Section This section is for discussions relating to the reincarnation of the Mach 1 trimline.

Ideas please b/c I am always confused

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 06:25 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Default Ideas please b/c I am always confused

I know I said I would be saving for a house/furniture to live on my own one day, but I think I can come up with a compromise to do a few mods to the car with some spare money. I don't want to waste all my money and probably won't be doing any mods till next spring but want some opinions. First off, the scenario is my bank account having $13k in it by January/February of next yr.That is including money paid off for car insurance and gas and other little expenses here and there. I'm thinking I could spend about $1k or a little more on mods b/c the mod bug is nailing me constantly always being around other nice fastcars(check my thread in street strip to see a little of what I'm talking about). What would you spend it on if you had the chance for your car? I already have an off/roadh pipe, lm 2 cat-back, and diablo tuner with 93 canned tune. I'm gonna have stock sized a/s tires (best on the market though so they'll hook amazing for a non-drag radial tire) so traction shouldn't be that bad. Possibly thinking aluminum driveshaft, gears(4.10's prob), jlt ram air intake,and tune. Doyou think the tune would be worth it with the little mods I have and is that a good plan? I know this is early but I like toplan ahead. Thanks for any help!
Old 06-23-2008, 07:12 PM
jrherald420
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Ideas please b/c I am always confused

id drop the drive shaft off that list and go with gears,tune,cai,t/b and plenum maybe some upper and lower control arms for the rear.
Old 06-23-2008, 10:04 PM
stang1101
3rd Gear Member

If you honestly don't have money to spend on your car then don't. But I would go with the 4.10 gears for sure, air intake, and a tune.
Old 06-23-2008, 11:18 PM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

4.10's, intake spacer, tune....with your other mods, you'll see great results.
Old 06-24-2008, 05:28 AM
Subotai_95
4th Gear Member

Ehhhmmmm, not to be a bubble buster, but the house and the furniture should probably come first broham.. The 30yr fixed rate interest has already busted 6% and I'd wager it'll get a lot higher before this whole housing crunch thing is over with because of all the foreclosures.. And you want to have as much cash on hand as you can for closing costs and a down payment..

With what you've got already, IF you can really afford it, rebel's ideas are pretty good..
Old 06-24-2008, 05:37 AM
jmac72187
corner carver

Definitely do not spend it if you can't really afford it. If you do want to do the mods though, go with what rebel said and maybe throw in some control arms or FLSFC's.
Old 06-24-2008, 08:35 AM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

the things i posted about shouldn't run you more than 500, but listen to SUB...where i am the market is still booming, so cheap loans and cheap housing is plentiful here, this is one of the only market in the US..go for a mod here, and a mod there, not all at once....save inbetween the mods every thing you can.
Old 06-24-2008, 10:55 AM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

You guys are right, I shouldn't really dump money into performance mods. I know they will give me gains, but me and my passengers will be pretty much the only ones to see them. I don't race(pretty much at all)and I don't hit the track so I probably shouldn't do them since I am saving for a house and furniture and xxxx. But there is one thing I always wanted to do was have an amazing sounding exhaust. I'm gonna look into longtube headers and see if they are worth it from a sound standpoint. I pretty much will be done with mods then if I even decide that the longtubes are worth it for me. Thanks guys again for the help and showing mewhat's important in life!
Old 06-24-2008, 11:11 AM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

well, your young...we're you....some of us are young sorry sub and GP (cats out)...LOL no, we've got time to do whatever you want to your car, but making sure your financially sound is the best way to setup for mods in the future, im almost debt free, i've got 1 card with a lil more on it, and a cable bill haunting me from a bad landlord[:@], but other than that i am totally debt free on cars homes, everything.....and if you never go into debt, life is just that much easier, Saving sucks, but it's preperation for the future while others are blowing their future in the here an now, and they'll always regret not saving this and that, while your pimpin in the mach/ vette/ viper/ lambo/ ferrari....you get the picture
Old 06-24-2008, 11:22 AM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Thanks for the assurance rebel. I get the picture [sm=gears.gif]

Quick Reply: Ideas please b/c I am always confused