Mach 1 Section This section is for discussions relating to the reincarnation of the Mach 1 trimline.

Well I got those 4.10s installed guys!

Old 08-08-2008, 05:37 PM
HamMach1
5th Gear Member

Default Well I got those 4.10s installed guys!

I haven't really stepped on it much yet, still letting them break in as I only have about 15 miles on them. being doing heat cycles like I was told from several people. I can definitely feel a difference but hopefully I will feel even a bigger difference when I go WOT.
Old 08-08-2008, 07:24 PM
darkmach1
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Well I got those 4.10s installed guys!

congrats, I'm really undecided on 4.10s, I would like more acceleration out of the line but not loose too much top end. Maybe, once you break it in,you can let us know at what speed the car feels like it stop pulling.
Old 08-08-2008, 08:56 PM
jmac72187
corner carver

Congrats.

I have also been on the fence about the 4.10's. If I do gears, it will be 4.10's but I do not want to lose my top end.
Old 08-08-2008, 10:09 PM
HamMach1
5th Gear Member

I did a whole bunch of heat cycles today. I was ansy so I gave it some gas. I didn't push it as hard as I could as the gears are still new but holy ****. These things are no joke LOL! I was in 2nd gear at around 2,000-2,500 RPM and then punched it. I somehow lost no traction (damn I love these tires) but damn does the Mach haul some *** that it has never hauled before. It aggressively slammed me into the seat. I also like how 5th gear now has some strength to it so I don't have to shift down to 4th if I need to pass someone quickly.

Also, I'm really impressed with these for DD purposes. I thought I'd be shifting so much but I'm actually shifting less I think and I also like being able to drive around in 5th when I'm cruising at 45mph.
Old 08-08-2008, 11:59 PM
03MachMe
2nd Gear Member

you just made up my mind im getting these ASAP!!! did you go with FRPP or motive?
Old 08-09-2008, 12:07 AM
BleedinBlue
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: darkmach1

congrats, I'm really undecided on 4.10s, I would like more acceleration out of the line but not loose too much top end. Maybe, once you break it in,you can let us know at what speed the car feels like it stop pulling.
It is going to stop pulling at about 150 mph when you hit redline in 5th. (Pulled the MPH out of my ***, but I guarantee it is high enough to not be an issue.)

You won't lose any freaking top end
. It will pull harder throughout. Get them then thank me later.
Old 08-09-2008, 06:20 AM
jmac72187
corner carver

ORIGINAL: BleedinBlue

It is going to stop pulling at about 150 mph when you hit redline in 5th. (Pulled the MPH out of my ***, but I guarantee it is high enough to not be an issue.)

You will lose some top end. Basically where you shift into fifth after gearing it, it will not pull as as hard if you had been in 4th with stock gears. Someone once has a write up on it.
Old 08-09-2008, 09:09 AM
darkmach1
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BleedinBlue

Well I didn't mean it like that. I meant that with the stock gears this car seems to love doing 60-70 roll, it pulls great, will this change somewhat to where the car likes to do more of a 20-30 rolls rather than 60s.
Old 08-09-2008, 10:54 AM
BleedinBlue
5th Gear Member

Well I didn't mean it like that. I meant that with the stock gears this car seems to love doing 60-70 roll, it pulls great, will this change somewhat to where the car likes to do more of a 20-30 rolls rather than 60s.
Ok, that I can buy. (Pulling numbers out of my *** again for examples...I obviously don't have a Mach) Whereas before at 60 mph you might downshift into 2nd, with 4.10's you probably couldn't and would have to go to third.

ORIGINAL: jmac72187

You will lose some top end. Basically where you shift into fifth after gearing it, it will not pull as as hard if you had been in 4th with stock gears. Someone once has a write up on it.
This I don't buy. Line up a stock geared car with a 4.10 geared car, both at say 70 mph in 5th, and see who wins.
Old 08-09-2008, 03:37 PM
alexplantman
2nd Gear Member

Congrats man.. .I don't know what some of your ideas are about top end, but my car's speedometer starts crawling after about 110-115... so with 1/4 mile gears it's gonna get worse.

OP, did you adjust for the speedo reading?

As an axample my prior vehicle, '04 MB E320 pulled strong through about mid 140'ish... reaching 150 a couple times... I know different style of car / different gear, but it would be nice to be able to roll up to 130's on the hwy...once in a whilie.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Well I got those 4.10s installed guys!