Mach 1 Section This section is for discussions relating to the reincarnation of the Mach 1 trimline.

Sell the Mach for a Terminator??

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 11:50 AM
Furinox
4th Gear Member

I pay 140/mo
Dollar for dollar its cheaper to buy a cobra than mod the mach to the same power level, plus you have factory reliability without all the headaches of having to put another or a built motor in the mach. That being said, I don't think i've ever seen another mach with a built motor and a blower on it in person.
Old 10-30-2008, 03:49 PM
Justinr1001
2nd Gear Member

I pay 140/month thru esurance. I looked up a cobra cause thats what i wanted originally and it was 5 dollars more a month.
Old 10-30-2008, 05:08 PM
I G Joe
5th Gear Member

well i take it im getting raped or you guys live out in some rural areas, im 21 so obviously im gonna pay more, but i have a clean record. i insure 2 vehicles my 86gt (liability and uninsured motorist) and full coverage on my Mach1 for 284 a month. $40 up from when i had my 01 GT.
Old 10-30-2008, 05:51 PM
stang1101
3rd Gear Member

I'll have to call and see what it would be for a Cobra. I'm 18 with a clean record and I pay 160 on the Mach.
Old 10-30-2008, 08:58 PM
rygi23
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by nanaki
errrr... where did you get that idea? my c6 is cheaper to insure than my 04 GT...... you should really research the subject matter if you plan to respond to it...
Umm, this isn't a C6 or a GT forum. No need to be a Mr. Smarty Pants, especially over a computer talking to someone you'll never meet, we're not that kind in this forum. I was only trying to help someone out by looking at the financial side of things. Cobras do cost much more than Machs to insure, for obvious reasons. As far as your C6, experiences vary, especially with different insurance companies, different policy terms, and driving records. I can't account for what it costs to insure your Vette in comparison with your GT...you're right, I haven't the slightest. Might explain why I'm in the Mach 1 section of a Mustang forum. Have a good one.
Old 10-31-2008, 01:18 AM
I G Joe
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by rygi23
Umm, this isn't a C6 or a GT forum. No need to be a Mr. Smarty Pants, especially over a computer talking to someone you'll never meet, we're not that kind in this forum. I was only trying to help someone out by looking at the financial side of things. Cobras do cost much more than Machs to insure, for obvious reasons. As far as your C6, experiences vary, especially with different insurance companies, different policy terms, and driving records. I can't account for what it costs to insure your Vette in comparison with your GT...you're right, I haven't the slightest. Might explain why I'm in the Mach 1 section of a Mustang forum. Have a good one.
+1 and besides you cant insure a corvette unless you are over 25 (that was hearsay)
Old 10-31-2008, 06:56 AM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

Originally Posted by I G Joe
+1 and besides you cant insure a corvette unless you are over 25 (that was hearsay)
well i know thats nt true i know an 18 and a 21 year old who has a c6 z06, and the 21 year old just bought a ZR1 and is awaiting shipment
Old 10-31-2008, 11:41 AM
rygi23
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by USMCrebel
well i know thats nt true i know an 18 and a 21 year old who has a c6 z06, and the 21 year old just bought a ZR1 and is awaiting shipment
Yo Rebel, you got some rich friends dude. Do they need another friend?
Old 10-31-2008, 01:42 PM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

Originally Posted by rygi23
Yo Rebel, you got some rich friends dude. Do they need another friend?
not my friends but he (his parents really) are rich and gets what he wants....i'm going through the adoption ppr wrk right now LOL
Old 10-31-2008, 04:15 PM
GTRACER88
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by I G Joe
It really depends on what you want, yes its easier to get more power out of the termi but that IRS usually cant hold up to it. i love the simplicity of the Mach 1, its basically a GT with a "cobra" engine what more do you want? its a light car with a great power plant, I autocross mine and typically place higher than much more expensive cars that are on street tires like me.

I personally say keep the Mach and mod it man, you'll only be spending more money on a cobra that could go into your Mach. Also i see more Cobras than i do Mach's
1. The IRS can hold the power, just need an irs brace. $125 dollars.
2. Mach isnt "basically" a GT with a cobra motor, more like it is a GT. GT transmission, rear end, even bottom end. The only thing that it has in common with a cobra is that it has 4V and Forged crank (Manuals only)...

I personally say do as you want, but if your looking for cheap power, Sell that MACH! Cobra with 5K you have a 10 second car...

Last edited by GTRACER88; 10-31-2008 at 04:17 PM.

Quick Reply: Sell the Mach for a Terminator??