Mach 1 Section This section is for discussions relating to the reincarnation of the Mach 1 trimline.

Mach update... w/ lots of pics!

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 08:09 PM
0hOneGT
3rd Gear Member

Default Mach update... w/ lots of pics!

Hey guys haven't posted in a while but just got a chance to wash the car and to take some pics of the mach today even though the weather wasn't that great. It was pretty overcast so the pics kinda suck but there are a few that I like.

Also did some stuff to the car recently, including painting the calipers red (which you can hardly see in the pics but I think they look pretty good), adding mach 1 floor mats, and installing the JLT intake. Next up will probably be some suspension work as I obviously need a lowering job very badly... enjoy.

Old 01-01-2009, 08:24 PM
rygi23
4th Gear Member

the white's looking good bro. As far as wanting to lower it some, take a look at some pics of my yellow I just posted (freakin' sucky overcast day also) with eibach prokits w/o isos.
Old 01-01-2009, 08:53 PM
0hOneGT
3rd Gear Member

yeah I just saw your thread, i want mine to sit just like that. Did you just do the springs or c/c plates, etc?
Old 01-01-2009, 09:16 PM
rygi23
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 0hOneGT
yeah I just saw your thread, i want mine to sit just like that. Did you just do the springs or c/c plates, etc?
Did springs, took to get aligned, had to get plates to further camber. Wouldn't be necessary w/ isos but the drop would be less. For a drop w/ isos I like H&R supersports as they sit similar maybe a tad lower. We get a 6% forum discount @ americanmuscle.com and they sell springs and plates. Did the install of both myself w/ a buds help to save $, not too hard w/ a basic set of spring compressors. If you get around to doing an install and have questions just PM me and I'll help any way I can.
Old 01-01-2009, 09:35 PM
0hOneGT
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by rygi23
Did springs, took to get aligned, had to get plates to further camber. Wouldn't be necessary w/ isos but the drop would be less. For a drop w/ isos I like H&R supersports as they sit similar maybe a tad lower. We get a 6% forum discount @ americanmuscle.com and they sell springs and plates. Did the install of both myself w/ a buds help to save $, not too hard w/ a basic set of spring compressors. If you get around to doing an install and have questions just PM me and I'll help any way I can.
Yeah planning on ordering some from them when I get the funds, hopefully pretty soon. How long did the install take? Any special tools besides spring compressor?
Old 01-01-2009, 09:54 PM
rygi23
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 0hOneGT
Yeah planning on ordering some from them when I get the funds, hopefully pretty soon. How long did the install take? Any special tools besides spring compressor?
I'd never done either before so it took some time, 5 hrs. for the springs and 3 hrs. for the plates. If I'd done both at the same time atleast an hour would've been saved from the car already been jacked and the strut already dropped for the plate install. An air ratchet is very helpful for undoing the shock tower strut nut.
Old 01-01-2009, 10:30 PM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

great color!
Old 01-01-2009, 11:27 PM
NotStok
3rd Gear Member

Good God I love white.

Keep up the good work.
Old 01-02-2009, 01:06 AM
562cobra
5th Gear Member

Nice.
Old 01-02-2009, 08:01 AM
Houghtown
2nd Gear Member

Very nice pics. She looks extremely clean. I would like to lower mine too but my driveway won't let me. I barely get up my mountain of a driveway without knocking off my chin spoiler.

Quick Reply: Mach update... w/ lots of pics!