Mach 1 Section This section is for discussions relating to the reincarnation of the Mach 1 trimline.

Possibly buying a 03' Mach on Friday...

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 02:30 PM
hawwk11
3rd Gear Member

Default Possibly buying a 03' Mach on Friday...

Hey guys.

As some of you know i am thinking about purchasing a 03 mach 1. Its got 133k on the odometer and asking sticker price is $8999, now with that said if the car sounds, and drives good, oil looks clean, shifts good, i may go for it. But thats just it, thats about all i know to look for. Can you guys give me any other tips?

There is a mustang specialty shop that is not too far from the dealer im buying it from. Is there really anything that a mechanic could see that i couldnt see for myself?

Any help with this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 07-15-2009, 04:07 PM
rygi23
4th Gear Member

Your main concern should be the tranny. Go through the gears many times and get a good feel for it. I'd intentionally ride it over some bumbs or uneven surfaces to tell if it's gonna have a bunch of squeaks or rattles. Generally speaking though, the Machs are good for alot of miles.
Old 07-15-2009, 06:59 PM
hawwk11
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by rygi23
Your main concern should be the tranny. Go through the gears many times and get a good feel for it. I'd intentionally ride it over some bumbs or uneven surfaces to tell if it's gonna have a bunch of squeaks or rattles. Generally speaking though, the Machs are good for alot of miles.
Thanks alot bro.
Old 07-17-2009, 10:05 PM
hawwk11
3rd Gear Member

Hey guys.

So i went to test drive the mach and thought that the engine didnt feel quite like all teh power was there. remember it has 133k. So, i went to another dealer that had a clean 04 with only 50k on it and it felt the same way, i dont know if its the gearing or what, but my 99 gt seemed like it had more power, may be i just wasnt driving it right, and remember i just came from a 400hp 300zx twin turbo so maybe i got use to that. Im ot trying to diss the mach at all, i dont want you guys to think that. I will probly pick it up on sunday.

Just trying to see what you guys think

thanks,
Old 07-17-2009, 10:14 PM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by hawwk11
Hey guys.

So i went to test drive the mach and thought that the engine didnt feel quite like all teh power was there. remember it has 133k. So, i went to another dealer that had a clean 04 with only 50k on it and it felt the same way, i dont know if its the gearing or what, but my 99 gt seemed like it had more power, may be i just wasnt driving it right, and remember i just came from a 400hp 300zx twin turbo so maybe i got use to that. Im ot trying to diss the mach at all, i dont want you guys to think that. I will probly pick it up on sunday.

Just trying to see what you guys think

thanks,
Were both Mach's stock? Which one are you going to pick up on sunday? Are you sure you drove the car hard?

Maybe you should go test drive a 03/04 cobra! You'll feel the power then
Old 07-17-2009, 10:23 PM
hawwk11
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mustang3GT07
Were both Mach's stock? Which one are you going to pick up on sunday? Are you sure you drove the car hard?

Maybe you should go test drive a 03/04 cobra! You'll feel the power then
LOL! at getting the cobra, but i hear ya.

Yes both were stock and i am looking to get the 03 with 133k on it. I talked them down to $8000, and its a beauty. Actually heres the link...

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false
Old 07-17-2009, 10:26 PM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

LOL! at getting the cobra, but i hear ya.

Yes both were stock and i am looking to get the 03 with 133k on it. I talked them down to $8000, and its a beauty. Actually heres the link...

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false
Get a Intake and Exhaust and it will really wake it up!

Pretty nice for that many miles.
Old 07-17-2009, 10:32 PM
rygi23
4th Gear Member

At 133K she's a good looking one. I can see how the 400hp 300zx would be faster (alot faster seeing that it prolly weighed less also) but trust me the Machs are far faster than your 99 gt.....60hp faster. Don't know if you really wound her out but you'll see what I mean when you really start pushing her. 4V stangs respond bad **** to mods too. You'll catch the mod bug right quick.
Old 07-17-2009, 10:39 PM
hawwk11
3rd Gear Member

Thanks alot you guys for all your help, and i wasnt pushing it as hard as i wanted to since it was around 5 p.m. here in L.A. traffic i was very limited. hopefully around this time sunday im telling you guys im now the proud owner of it. And yes its really clean, and looked alot better in oerson even. they washed it for my arrival and that thing looks like it was taken care of.

Thanks for all your help.
Old 07-17-2009, 10:48 PM
rygi23
4th Gear Member

Thanks alot you guys for all your help, and i wasnt pushing it as hard as i wanted to since it was around 5 p.m. here in L.A. traffic i was very limited. hopefully around this time sunday im telling you guys im now the proud owner of it. And yes its really clean, and looked alot better in oerson even. they washed it for my arrival and that thing looks like it was taken care of.

Thanks for all your help.
Werd. Take her above 4K and you'll drive her home.

Quick Reply: Possibly buying a 03' Mach on Friday...