Mach 1 Section This section is for discussions relating to the reincarnation of the Mach 1 trimline.

4V BBK LT owners - I need a favor!

Old 09-09-2009, 12:22 PM
PaintballFreak
4th Gear Member

Default 4V BBK LT owners - I need a favor!

So I have a lot of plans for this mach - one of which being a complete suspension overhaul (k-member, a-arms, coilovers for the front and watts-link, torque arm setup in the back) and it's going to be slammed to the ground. Naturally I'm going to do performance mods as well and I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on LTs and an o/r midpipe. I'm a little worried about scraping, as I scraped my stock exhaust all the time on my GT that was slammed.

I've heard OK things about the quality of BBKs and AM sells the ceramic coated 4v version for $500 after a discount, which is a deal compared to all the other 4v header options (except MAC). I really want to buy from AM and they don't carry MAC so BBK is looking like my best option in that respect.

My questions are:

Could someone with a Mach 1 and BBK LTs (Adam99GT has them but maybe not installed lol) take a few quick pics of the underside of their car so I can see where the collectors sit relative to the rest of the bottom of the car? I know BBK tend to sit lower than most so I want to have a good idea of how they are going to sit. A shot from the front of the car facing back and from one side looking towards the other would be awesome!

Also, I'm gonna go with a MAC o/r prochamber. I assume this will bolt up fine to any LTs correct?

Finally any other advice/info about BBK LTs or LTs in general that you guys want to share is welcome!
Old 09-09-2009, 12:54 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Sorry, i don't have any pics, but i have BBK long tubes and a BBK h pipe, and have no issues at all. I have several friends who run them as well (my one buddy has had his bbk's on for 5 years) and have no problems either.

I've heard of people running prochambers with BBK long tubes, but like anything, it may or may not work for you. Personally, i'd get a BBK x or h pipe to insure an exact fit.

Also, i have the Eibach Pro Kit lowering springs, and have plenty of clearence. I've seen a few different long tube setups, and the BBK's don't appear to hang any lower IMO.
Old 09-10-2009, 01:34 AM
Adam99gt
1st Gear Member

I can get the pictures for you tomorrow after I wash my car. As for the advice TAKE IT TO A SHOP DO NOT DO IT YOURSELF lol. Just kidding if you do it yourself drop the front end down and do it or pull the motor out. Also be prepared for alot of headaches. It will all be worth it in the end, the sound is amazing and there is a noticable increase in power.
Old 09-10-2009, 04:57 PM
PaintballFreak
4th Gear Member

Adam, that would be great if you could snap some pics for me.

Couple of ?s for you specifically. Did you have any trouble getting the dipstick tube back in place? Trying to figure out if I should go ahead and grab a flexible one.

Also, did you do an EGR delete or hook it back up?
Old 09-10-2009, 07:11 PM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by PaintballFreak
Adam, that would be great if you could snap some pics for me.

Couple of ?s for you specifically. Did you have any trouble getting the dipstick tube back in place? Trying to figure out if I should go ahead and grab a flexible one.

Also, did you do an EGR delete or hook it back up?
Go with an EGR Delete. I did that with my ARH longtubes setup, but you will need a tune because you car won't run right without it hooked up or addressed in a tune.
Old 09-11-2009, 01:54 AM
Adam99gt
1st Gear Member

I plugged my EGR back in and yes, go grab a flexible dipstick tube. It is a real pain to get that back in, and it doesn't sit in the same position.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:00 AM
PaintballFreak
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mustang3GT07
Go with an EGR Delete. I did that with my ARH longtubes setup, but you will need a tune because you car won't run right without it hooked up or addressed in a tune.
Is it just a matter of addressing it with the software, i.e. turn EGR off? I have the sniper special forces tuner.

Cool, I'll grab a flexy dipstick tube also.

I'm wondering if it's even possible to do this by unbolting the motor mounts and jacking the motor up one side at a time. Should I bother trying to consider this or just plan on removing the k-member?

I know to get a ratcheting wrench to fit the bolts. Did you use stage 8 locking bolts, the bbk ones or the stock studs? If either of the former, did you have trouble getting the stock studs out?

You guys will probably hear from me again since I will have 2 or 3 weeks to dwell on and prepare for this install nightmare lol.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:02 AM
PaintballFreak
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Adam99gt
I plugged my EGR back in and yes, go grab a flexible dipstick tube. It is a real pain to get that back in, and it doesn't sit in the same position.
lol **** the only ones I can find are $80! When you say pain, how does that relate to the entire LT install?? Because if the dipstick is what makes LTs horrible, then I'll buy a flexible one - otherwise I expect there to be a lot of painful/testing tasks and will save the $80 to deal with one more. As long as it WILL fit after enough playing with it, then I'm fine with the extra trouble.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:46 AM
PaintballFreak
4th Gear Member

Ok I've been a bad employee today and was looking over some install guides. I'm just going to borrow my neighbors engine hoist and support engine from above. Then remove the K-member completely so I have as much room as I need under there.