Mach 1 Section This section is for discussions relating to the reincarnation of the Mach 1 trimline.

LOW DA/midpipe = crushing my best run

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 09:15 PM
GrnBullitt08
5th Gear Member

That's really impressive. Nice run
Old 03-07-2010, 11:16 PM
BKAT-MACH

Originally Posted by rygi23
My, what temps in the 40s and DAs below sealevel will do. Even considering the optimum conditions, I had no idea she had this run in her.

60'...............1.692
1/8...............7.925 @ 87.40
1/4..............12.388 @ 110.48

Previous best was a 12.60 with the stock midpipe and conditions that were very good but just a tad under what they were today.

My friend hadn't got to the track yet, so I didn't get that run on video. I did get a 12.65 pass on camera, bogged off the line and temps/DAs were a bit higher. Under my other vids are a couple passes that make me cringe, lol. We all have them though. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8HD60mq3oI
Very Impressive man. My next mod is 410's and DR, so hopefully I can do something similar. What kinda drag radials you on? And when you did your 410's did you do your axles and diff?
Old 03-08-2010, 08:04 AM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

NICE! im impressed ryan!
making me want to replace my clutch and throw 4.10's and an Xpipe in.
Old 03-08-2010, 08:18 PM
rygi23
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by BKAT-MACH
What kinda drag radials you on? And when you did your 410's did you do your axles and diff?
MT ET street radials. Didn't get axles, and I let my trusty mechanic do the diff work, I wanted it done right, lol.

Originally Posted by USMCrebel
NICE! im impressed ryan!
making me want to replace my clutch and throw 4.10's and an Xpipe in.
Thx man, preciate it. You have no idea how much the trial and error phases of learning how to get better at this stuff just aggravated me to no end. I'm telling you man, an o/r x-pipe is the best power mod for the dollar for our cars....period. I'd venture to say going from the stock midpipe to the o/r x was 20 hp.
Old 03-09-2010, 07:19 AM
SamsBlueGT
2nd Gear Member

Wow man you just showed me how important drag radials are. Your car was looking sweet Saturday, and I must have missed your awesome time. See you out there again soon!
Old 03-09-2010, 02:43 PM
BKAT-MACH

Thx man, preciate it. You have no idea how much the trial and error phases of learning how to get better at this stuff just aggravated me to no end. I'm telling you man, an o/r x-pipe is the best power mod for the dollar for our cars....period. I'd venture to say going from the stock midpipe to the o/r x was 20 hp.[/QUOTE]

There is no way an x-pipe gave you 20 hp bro. You had great conditions, and a great 60 time man. Remember ever 10th on your 60 foot, is 2 10th's up top. Give yourself some credit. You drove very well. And a question for ya......is your tune an internet tune, or you got it dyno tunned at a shop?
Old 03-09-2010, 05:26 PM
rygi23
4th Gear Member

There is no way an x-pipe gave you 20 hp bro. You had great conditions, and a great 60 time man. Remember ever 10th on your 60 foot, is 2 10th's up top. Give yourself some credit. You drove very well. And a question for ya......is your tune an internet tune, or you got it dyno tunned at a shop?[/QUOTE]About the gain from the x, w/o a dyno it's going to be subject to personal experience. The hp calculator using GVWR/ET/MPH figures showed a 20 hp increase. Whatever it is, it's very noticeable. Also, a better 60' doesn't yield a 3 mph increase. Ah hell, who cares. My tune is the basic Diablo 93 tune.
Old 03-09-2010, 05:42 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

My car dynoed at 287 rwhp with an ORX, flowmaster cat-back, and a drop in filter through some 4.10s PRE-tune, and the numbers in my sig after the tune (dyno tuned). Off-road pipes are an excellent mod for the money, but it isn't going to snap your neck back or anything. Honestly, I couldn't feel any difference, although I'm sure the gains are there, especially with the tune. It seems to me that the trap speed has always increased a decent amount after I did an ORX, but no noticeable gains down low what-so-ever. Just remember, Machs have run 12.9 bone stock by a few, so take that for what it's worth.
Old 03-09-2010, 05:43 PM
boduke0220
6th Gear Member

hmm i may have to pick up an x pipe if it really helps that much. iudk how it'd sound with the stingers though
Old 03-09-2010, 05:54 PM
rygi23
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SamsBlueGT
Wow man you just showed me how important drag radials are. Your car was looking sweet Saturday, and I must have missed your awesome time. See you out there again soon!
If you didn't have that pic of your car I'd be thinking "who the **** is this?". Your car is hella sweet, I like the tough but simple look. It was funny to me, there was like 5 of us parked in a row and I was the only one that didn't have a darned blower, lol. Kinda made me feel......small, lol. You prolly did miss the run because I ran it shortly after the track opened when the air was nice and chilly and shortly after they dragged some rubber over the track. If I didn't have my timeslip I think someone would be wanting to call b.s. on me. Speaking of that, I need to copy the darn thing before it fades. I think I'll frame it. Yeah man good rubber on a boosted car is good for a whole bunch of tenths. John (bronze procharged 6.0 GTO) was running mid/high 12s on street tires, that should tell ya something. I've written too much so I'll stop, lol.

Quick Reply: LOW DA/midpipe = crushing my best run