Mach 1 Section This section is for discussions relating to the reincarnation of the Mach 1 trimline.

nos for mach 1

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 03:21 PM
ebnorice

Default nos for mach 1

i have a mach one and i was wondering what my stock mach one could handle nos wise... what all do i need and how much power would i be running safely... and how much would it cost?? thanks...
Old 05-31-2010, 04:53 PM
88mustanglxconv.

dude dont put nos on it thats dumb... you dont need it
Old 05-31-2010, 06:48 PM
Fstanggt96
3rd Gear Member

It should be able to handle a 100 shot well, thats just what I have read on here, you dont need it, when are you going to use it? Unless you are racing the car at the track regularly. Buy gears if you dont have them, best upgrade for any Mustang period. Someone who know Nitrous will chime in and give you a more accurate explanation...
Old 05-31-2010, 06:58 PM
Mach1man
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ebnorice
i have a mach one and i was wondering what my stock mach one could handle nos wise... what all do i need and how much power would i be running safely... and how much would it cost?? thanks...
Did you people come out of central casting for the Fast and the Furious, or what? NOS is a brand name for a nitrous oxide vendor! Either call it nitrous, or nitrous oxide, or the correct chemical element name of N20, but for God's sake lay off the NOS crap, please!

Now, to answer your question, I ran a Nitrous Express (NX) 125 shot wet kit on my stock motor for almost 5 years, and never had a problem of any kind with it, or the motor. To be safe, you should have a WOT switch, a window switch, a pressure gauge, an air/fuel gauge, a purge valve, a bottle warmer, and a blow-down tube, along with one step colder spark plugs.

Depending on where you buy, and what you buy, it's going to cost in the neighborhood of $650-800, if everything is brand new, a few hundred bucks less if their used.
Old 05-31-2010, 11:27 PM
ebnorice

considering the fact that i don't have money for a supercharger but some day i am going to get one i don't really see why i want to change my gears...i was just asking about it because i was curious if i could maybe think about getting something like that because my car bores me when driving so i was seeing if there was anything that could make it more fun to drive...

"Did you people come out of central casting for the Fast and the Furious, or what? NOS is a brand name for a nitrous oxide vendor! Either call it nitrous, or nitrous oxide, or the correct chemical element name of N20, but for God's sake lay off the NOS crap, please!"
i call it nos because that is what everyone refers to it as... if i was straight out of that stupid movie i wouldn't drive a mach one... dick... i could honestly care less what you think i should call it...
Old 06-01-2010, 10:08 AM
Mach1man
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ebnorice
i call it nos because that is what everyone refers to it as... if i was straight out of that stupid movie i wouldn't drive a mach one... dick... i could honestly care less what you think i should call it...
Oh, I see. So basically your problem seems to be that you have no independent thought processes of your own.

Everyone else does it, so it must be right. Newsflash Junior, only illiterate, pimply-faced, hat on sidways, punks from the hood, call nitrous oxide "NOS", or "NAWS"

And so I'm a "dick" for trying to help keep you from looking like a complete moron to others reading this drivel? Cool, I don't give a rats *** what you do with your car.

Why don't you throw a 250 shot on it, along with some thumping bass, and a set of 22 inch Dubs, and a couple of Maxwell House coffee cans for exhaust pipes. That would be so hot, and besides, everybody does it!!
Old 06-02-2010, 07:12 PM
Justinr1001
2nd Gear Member

LOL^^^^
Old 06-02-2010, 11:38 PM
itsdaveonline
2nd Gear Member

@Mach1fan who cares what the hell he calls it. are you going to get mad at me if i call a soda a pop, or a pop a soda. Its all the same. NOS is just as much of a brand name as NX is...
Old 06-03-2010, 08:17 AM
Mach1man
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by itsdaveonline
@Mach1fan who cares what the hell he calls it. are you going to get mad at me if i call a soda a pop, or a pop a soda. Its all the same. NOS is just as much of a brand name as NX is...
Sorry, but NOS is a brand name. It's not short for nitrous oxide, it's not the proper elemental chemical compound name either, it's a brand. NX is a legitimate abreviation for Nitrous Express, which is a brand name.

Your analogy doesn't work either. If you went around calling all carbonated soda Coke, or Pepsi, then it would be much the same.

You can call a horse a Zebra, I don't really care, just don't come asking me how to enter your Zebra in the Kentucky Derby.
Old 06-03-2010, 12:57 PM
watman02
2nd Gear Member

I must say this is a very petty argument dont ya think?

Mach1man: very good information and I have to agree that if he is going to install n20 that is the way he should go about it. I am also considering doing it did you have a t-body plate or just spray in the cia or manifold?

Quick Reply: nos for mach 1