Mach 1 Section This section is for discussions relating to the reincarnation of the Mach 1 trimline.

Question about the S95 Mach 1

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 02:48 PM
desperado618

Default Question about the S95 Mach 1

I have been looking into purchasing a Terminator but was told that many people have problems with the independent rear suspension and the input/output chass on the trannys.
Does the Mach 1 come with a solid rear suspension or a better in/out chass?
Old 07-06-2010, 03:00 PM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

what problems have you hear of....a bushing kit pretty much fixes the HOP...but yes the mach has a SRA
Old 07-06-2010, 03:05 PM
UPRDanielle

Only real suspension problems I've heard of from the Cobra's is drag racing with the IRS...breaks the half shafts with a good enough launch. I would get the Cobra, get a cheap junkyard 8.8 and put the Cobra 31 spline rear in it! All you gotta figure out from there is what axles and gears you will be using. :P
Old 07-06-2010, 03:07 PM
desperado618

I know of 3 SVT owners who twisted their axle on the ground at the track. SRA may not maneuver like IRA but I prefer that to dumping a few grand into replacing it.

Thanks for the info
Old 07-06-2010, 03:20 PM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

Originally Posted by UPRDanielle
Only real suspension problems I've heard of from the Cobra's is drag racing with the IRS...breaks the half shafts with a good enough launch. I would get the Cobra, get a cheap junkyard 8.8 and put the Cobra 31 spline rear in it! All you gotta figure out from there is what axles and gears you will be using. :P
yes and No

Originally Posted by desperado618
I know of 3 SVT owners who twisted their axle on the ground at the track. SRA may not maneuver like IRA but I prefer that to dumping a few grand into replacing it.

Thanks for the info
The owners that twisted their half shafts likely had wheel hop and didn't back out of it. like i said the IRS with the Bushing replacement kit will eliminate 80-90% of wheel hop and you will be safe.
Old 07-07-2010, 08:39 AM
UPRDanielle

Originally Posted by USMCrebel
The owners that twisted their half shafts likely had wheel hop and didn't back out of it. like i said the IRS with the Bushing replacement kit will eliminate 80-90% of wheel hop and you will be safe.
I still stand by my comment, only because the guys who I know down here all have high hp Cobra's. Not little 500hp things...most of these guys have 850+rwhp, and the IRS just can't hold up.

p.s. Not trying to be a smartie at all! Please don't take this post as attitude (re-reading it to myself kinda makes it sound like that :X lol).

Example...

lol....such a cool car <3
Old 07-07-2010, 09:55 AM
boduke0220
6th Gear Member

as long as you get a brace and bushings and know when to let out you'll be fine with the IRS but over 500hp i'd start worrying lol
Old 07-07-2010, 12:32 PM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

I still stand by my comment, only because the guys who I know down here all have high hp Cobra's. Not little 500hp things...most of these guys have 850+rwhp, and the IRS just can't hold up.

p.s. Not trying to be a smartie at all! Please don't take this post as attitude (re-reading it to myself kinda makes it sound like that :X lol).

Example...

lol....such a cool car <3
danielle, i don't take comments like that as being a smart...you know what you've seen i don't. I know that i've seen a 978rwhp 813rwtq IRS car run the 1/8 at 6.8 @ 101.

he had the bushing kit a brace and lvl 5 half shafts...my personal preferance is the SRA as well.

Even if you were i like that kinda thing, shows you got *****! TW your cobra is a fine example of the breed! I'll see if i can find a photoshoot between my friends black 97 cobra and my car...i can give you a video as well.

Last edited by USMCrebel; 07-07-2010 at 12:45 PM.
Old 07-08-2010, 08:16 AM
UPRDanielle

Originally Posted by USMCrebel
danielle, i don't take comments like that as being a smart...you know what you've seen i don't. I know that i've seen a 978rwhp 813rwtq IRS car run the 1/8 at 6.8 @ 101.

he had the bushing kit a brace and lvl 5 half shafts...my personal preferance is the SRA as well.

Even if you were i like that kinda thing, shows you got *****! TW your cobra is a fine example of the breed! I'll see if i can find a photoshoot between my friends black 97 cobra and my car...i can give you a video as well.
Those are some awesome numbers!

You can never say 'never can' or 'never will' happen when it comes to the auto industry these days. Guys are proving the nay sayers wrong by a long shot...and I think that's awesome!

And that would be awesome to see the photoshoot...I love checking out pictures of the curvy SN's. :P lol

EDIT: To add - I guess the guys down here go by the saying 'go big or go home!' lol Solid axle or nothing for them...haha
Old 07-08-2010, 09:08 AM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

Those are some awesome numbers!

You can never say 'never can' or 'never will' happen when it comes to the auto industry these days. Guys are proving the nay sayers wrong by a long shot...and I think that's awesome!

And that would be awesome to see the photoshoot...I love checking out pictures of the curvy SN's. :P lol

EDIT: To add - I guess the guys down here go by the saying 'go big or go home!' lol Solid axle or nothing for them...haha
yeah the only down side to that car was he sold it...even with that time he still lost. Then bought a TT z06.
People are taking the factory cars to new limits because the build qualities are so much beeter in the materiels. I couldn't find it, but i will steal some of his pictures and post them in this thread.
BTW doesn't UPR sell a bushing kit for the 03-04?
I read a while back you had left UPR too?

Quick Reply: Question about the S95 Mach 1