Mach 1 Section This section is for discussions relating to the reincarnation of the Mach 1 trimline.

mach 1 shaker hood question.

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 02:15 PM
Sunburst GT

Default mach 1 shaker hood question.

ok so i have a 2000 gt. and iv looked into putting an 03-04 era mach 1 shaker hood and shaker kit on it. my question is will it mount up and do i need something special for the shaker kit since the mach 1 hood is taller then my stock GT hood. Thanks.
Old 07-24-2010, 04:40 PM
Rockwell28
4th Gear Member

classicdesignconcept.com did it years ago
Old 07-24-2010, 08:19 PM
Mach1man
2nd Gear Member

From what I understand, the CDC shaker kit will not work with an OEM Mach 1 hood on a 2V motor. That's why when you see the CDC shaker setup on a GT, it uses a cut out GT hood with some kind of glue on applique to replicate the height of the powerdome hood on the Mach 1.

I assume you could use the stock Mach 1 hood, if you fabricated custom brackets for the shaker scoop.
Old 07-25-2010, 08:27 AM
Sunburst GT

yeah and i dont much care for the look of the CDC Shaker kit on the GT's. i like it so much because of the higher hood of the mch one so i guess if i could find or make and adaptor to set the shaker kit up higher. so im guessing your saying if i could do that, that should work?
Old 07-26-2010, 08:46 AM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

don't your not a mach it will be gay.
Old 07-26-2010, 09:13 AM
Mach1man
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sunburst GT
yeah and i dont much care for the look of the CDC Shaker kit on the GT's. i like it so much because of the higher hood of the mch one so i guess if i could find or make and adaptor to set the shaker kit up higher. so im guessing your saying if i could do that, that should work?
LOL! The gayness factor aside, I've seen 2000-2004 GT's with Mach 1 hoods and scoops, but they had to fabricate the necessary brackets to mount the scoop on the 2V motor. I've even seen some that were totally functional, and a few where the scoop was bolted to the hood, and was non-functional, but they didn't have to do any fab work other than making sure the scoop stayed put!
Old 07-27-2010, 07:43 PM
Sunburst GT

yeah gay is fine by me, because evidently i like how gay looks. if you dont like it thats your opinion. either way i didnt ask for your opinion on how it looks but, thanks for your input. i already got the pics on the brackets i need:icon_fryingpa n: from another member that didnt think it was gay either. thanks for the help all.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:17 PM
Rockwell28
4th Gear Member

yea i run the cdc kit on my gt it only looked gay when the plastic applique flew off on the autobahn. but after i got an aftermarket mach1 hood on there and everything has been functional since day one. its a worthy swap for looks couldnt stand the look of the fake scoop my gt came with from the factory rather a mach 1 kit instead of a riced out hood or a 1,2,3 or 4 inch cowl hood. to each his/her own
Old 08-01-2010, 07:30 PM
Phansm72
2nd Gear Member

Im giving it a try , I have an 04 Screaming yellow GT convertible, Im doing a mach 1 shaker setup , with a factory mach 1 hood , I will post up when I get to making brackets etc. Ford Never made a Mach 1 convertible so I am.
Old 08-11-2010, 07:35 PM
Sunburst GT

a mach 1 convertible huh? sounds like a good lookin ride to me. cant wait to see some pics of that. good luck with the transformation.

Quick Reply: mach 1 shaker hood question.