Mach 1 Section This section is for discussions relating to the reincarnation of the Mach 1 trimline.

DM1's chase for 500rwhp

Old 04-09-2011, 09:56 AM
darkmach1
4th Gear Member

Default DM1's chase for 500rwhp

So I've been slowly but surely collecting some parts for the next step. Just need a couple more and then just worry about the motor. Im torn between forged 4.6 rods and pistons or getting the Livernois 298ci stroker rotating assembly.

Parts:

Billetflow 2.76" non-slip pulley w/hub........check
KB 40amp boost-a-pump.........................check
BAP/FPDM wiring upgrade........................check
Uscar 60lb injectors.................................check
Diablosport MAFia....................................check
Metco 4-piece dual bearing idler kit...........
Posi eaton race port.................................
Dragon port matched TB and plenum........
Forged bottom end..................................

Optional/being considered:

Livernois 298ci stroker rotating assembly
GT pumps and Fore hat (for E85)

Any thoughts, ideas or just comments are welcomed....

Last edited by darkmach1; 04-09-2011 at 07:48 PM.
Old 04-09-2011, 04:12 PM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

Excited to see this happen man, I love this car. Best of luck reaching the goal!
Old 04-09-2011, 07:52 PM
darkmach1
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by PurpleIcedGT
Excited to see this happen man, I love this car. Best of luck reaching the goal!
Thanks! Best chance of getting there would be with the 298 stroker since I do not want to run a lower pulley on the eaton, but I'm fairly confident it'll get there since I'm planning on running higher compression than cobras. Worse case scenario, I'll throw some gt pumps and tune for e85 but I would like to keep the cost down otherwise it's better to just go with a whipple or KB.
Old 04-12-2011, 05:53 PM
blackGTcp
4th Gear Member

Im starting to look into built motors as well. Livernois just seems so expensive. MMR seems to have some pretty good prices and im interested in their 750 aluminum. They are also advertising 10% off. Maybe by christmas time theyll go down even more
Old 04-12-2011, 06:32 PM
rygi23
4th Gear Member

Well brotha I'd love to help ya out some but that fact that I can't afford anything f/i has kept me from wanting to start learning a darn thing about it. Be safe with it and do it the right way. And I want to see some solid 11 sec. slips when it's all said and done.
Old 04-13-2011, 05:11 PM
darkmach1
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by blackGTcp
Im starting to look into built motors as well. Livernois just seems so expensive. MMR seems to have some pretty good prices and im interested in their 750 aluminum. They are also advertising 10% off. Maybe by christmas time theyll go down even more
I've been doing a LOT of reading and yes as far as pricing they seem to be below all others but then you start reading about horror stories about customer service and it being great right up to the point that they get their money and/or something goes wrong, then they want nothing to do with you and their finger pointing starts. Also issues with shortbocks that dont even turn over upon delivery. They seem to have the most issues by far but I'm not saying not to buy their product, just read around and make your own decision. I've yet to see any complaints with livernois or DSS racing. I'm torn between the two but leaning towards DSS.

Originally Posted by rygi23
Well brotha I'd love to help ya out some but that fact that I can't. afford anything f/i has kept me from wanting to start learning a darn thing about it. Be safe with it and do it the right way. And I want to see some solid 11 sec. slips when it's all said and done.
Thanks, we'll see how it turns out, a lot of back and forth decisions so far but I've decided that if I'm gonna build it I'm gonna make it better in every way than a cobra, more cubic inches, more compression and less weight.