Mach 1 Section This section is for discussions relating to the reincarnation of the Mach 1 trimline.

Are Mach 1's really worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 02:52 PM
smitty2919
5th Gear Member

Don't drive it like you stole it all over the place and the Mach won't eat THAT much more gas than the V6.

25-27 mpg's is not uncommon on trips.
Old 01-24-2012, 03:23 PM
Explosive

I think it's worth the extra for the Mach. One thing I'll tell you about now is that you're going to talk to people on forums and they're going to say oh 30k mile car yea you can get those for 12k all day long ect. It's not going to happen. It does for some but I was looking at cars for a while before I found mine and I'll tell you any mach I saw around 12k was something I didn't want to touch. Bought mine from the second owner, who had bought it from his good friend, the original buyer. The car has 31,xxx miles and bone stock. Was the guys baby. He was at 15k asking price and firm on it. Would not budge. Keep in mind I was 19 when I went out there too look at it which put me at a bit of a disadvantage unfortunately. Took my dad with so i didn't just seem like some kid. Drove about 400 miles to look at it. Spent 3 hours looking it over and talking to the guy he realized I had saved the cash up to buy this car myself ect and really liked my personality and realized I'm a car guy not some punk kid and he came down $500 on the price. I think it was a fair deal for what I got.
Old 01-24-2012, 05:51 PM
Snakebite64
4th Gear Member

there are cars with NO MODS out there. Mine for example has 2400 miles after 3 full years (ok summers and no rain) and other than a useless K&N drop in its BONE STOCK otherwise
Old 01-24-2012, 06:03 PM
03gt04mach1
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by sixstringmayhem13
Thanks!
i do prefer the new edge body style and interior over the previous models, so I can't see a better fit than a mach.
My biggest challenge is probably going to be finding a mach thats actually stock (if they even exist...).
Pretty much any person with a mach 1 is bound to mod it one way or another.
CRAP!
You're pretty much right about finding a Mach in stock condition. Ours is, but it isn't for sale. Try Mach1 Registry.com.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:03 PM
sixstringmayhem13
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Explosive
I think it's worth the extra for the Mach. One thing I'll tell you about now is that you're going to talk to people on forums and they're going to say oh 30k mile car yea you can get those for 12k all day long ect. It's not going to happen. It does for some but I was looking at cars for a while before I found mine and I'll tell you any mach I saw around 12k was something I didn't want to touch. Bought mine from the second owner, who had bought it from his good friend, the original buyer. The car has 31,xxx miles and bone stock. Was the guys baby. He was at 15k asking price and firm on it. Would not budge. Keep in mind I was 19 when I went out there too look at it which put me at a bit of a disadvantage unfortunately. Took my dad with so i didn't just seem like some kid. Drove about 400 miles to look at it. Spent 3 hours looking it over and talking to the guy he realized I had saved the cash up to buy this car myself ect and really liked my personality and realized I'm a car guy not some punk kid and he came down $500 on the price. I think it was a fair deal for what I got.
I know what you mean, when i was looking to buy my six a few years back i had a guy from miami (i was in orlando) tell me his car was in immaculate condition, perfect paint, no engine problems etc. I drove allll the way to miami with my brother to go essentially buy the car from the guy and i show up and the paint is peeling pretty much every where, every plastic piece in the car was broken and the muffler was basically on the ground. he was asking $3000 for it. no way he would ever get that for it. After that bad experience i decided to up my budget to $6000 instead and found a %100 stock almost brand new looking v6 from the original owner, he gave it to me for 5,500.

the only ****ty part about looking for the right car is you have to travel and it might not be what you want. I'm highly doubting when the right mach comes around its going to be in orlando.
The way i see it, if im going to be slaving over the car to buy it, im not going to settle for something less than what i want.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:48 PM
TripHeath

just dont get in a hurry and wait till your car comes to you....and keep your eyes peeled for a 99-01 Cobra too......still a surprising amount of low miles Cobras at reasonable deals.....and it will make you forget all about your Mach 1 lust......I was looking for either when mine found me...couldnt be happier...
Old 01-27-2012, 06:49 AM
smitty2919
5th Gear Member

99-01 cobra vs Mach, I'd go Mach.
Old 01-28-2012, 08:45 AM
01GTDropTop
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by smitty2919
99-01 cobra vs Mach, I'd go Mach.
^-- +1
Old 01-28-2012, 09:18 AM
rockinstephen

Patience will be your best friend here. Save your $$$ for the car you really want. Don't compromise. You'll be glad you waited!
Old 01-28-2012, 10:58 PM
wolfpack_freak
3rd Gear Member

I went from driving a 2000 V6 to a 2003 Mach 1 when I graduated college. Lucked up and got mine for 15K, had 18 thousand miles on it, guy just couldn't drive it anymore because of a back injury. 2 years later, still have it, just over 23 thousand miles on it.

Great car, worth every penny. Definitely a better car than a GT if you can afford it. Real head turner, plus its a pretty limited club to be a part of.

Quick Reply: Are Mach 1's really worth it?