Massachusetts Regional Chapter Chapter President: Torch_Vert

Mass Chit-Chat

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 04:59 PM
I_Call_D.I.B.s
2nd Gear Member

Some lady in a Sebring tapped the rear bumper of my Mustang this afternoon. We were at a stoplight and she was too busy rifling through her glovebox to notice that she didn't have her foot fully on the brake and the car in gear, and so her car crept up until it tapped my car. I couldn't get out because it was on a dangerous intersection, and I wasn't even sure I was bumped at first. I didn't notice any damage at first because of the rain, until I got to work. There's a small scratch above the lower trim piece. Now I'm sure I was bumped.

I'm debating whether or not to call my insurance. I took down the plate and description.
Old 08-01-2012, 05:29 PM
S197GT07
5th Gear Member

If you took down the plate you have a chance to get her insurance to pay for it.

Otherwise, you could call it a hit and run, since she certainly didn't stop, and you'll just pay your deductible and your insurance won't go up.
Old 08-01-2012, 06:04 PM
shad2009
5th Gear Member

that stinks...good thing you got her info down...you should be good...

on the bright side, i was coming back from hampton and i heard a very loud grumble...looked in my rear view and a saw a beautiful 2013 gotta have it green (beautiful in person) mustang...it pulls along side of me and it's a stage 3 roush guy gives me a thumbs up and roars off...highlight of my day since the rain killed the beach day haha
Old 08-01-2012, 08:49 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Jonathan: Really sorry to hear this that first scrape on a new car always hurts, and it's worse when it's caused by someone just being careless.

Shad: That must have been nice indeed. GHIG is a weird color. Looks much cooler in person than it does in most photos.
Old 08-01-2012, 09:18 PM
I_Call_D.I.B.s
2nd Gear Member

I'll get a picture up tomorrow. It does suck, but it's not that large or noticeable. I'm still debating whether or not to call it into my insurance company tomorrow, esp. if it counts as an accident on Carfax, etc.
Old 08-01-2012, 09:29 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by I_Call_D.I.B.s
I'll get a picture up tomorrow. It does suck, but it's not that large or noticeable. I'm still debating whether or not to call it into my insurance company tomorrow, esp. if it counts as an accident on Carfax, etc.
True. It would suck to lose major value on a resale for a "rear end collision" that's nothing more than a tiny scuff. Maybe take it by a body shop and see if a spot repair is possible?
Old 08-01-2012, 11:05 PM
I_Call_D.I.B.s
2nd Gear Member

Hmm...

https://mustangforums.com/forum/2010...-on-my-gt.html

This might cover up the spot... Still, adding Boss parts to a stock V-6 seems... poser-ish.
Old 08-02-2012, 07:24 AM
shad2009
5th Gear Member

ehhh there's people that convert GT's into Shelby's and our very own Torch has a Shelby front end on a 6er...it's all about what you want to do...just no different colored rims, 10 ft wings and coffee can exhausts haha
Old 08-02-2012, 07:37 AM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Hmm...

This might cover up the spot... Still, adding Boss parts to a stock V-6 seems... poser-ish.
If that'll cover the blemish, do it!

It looks loads better, and as long as you don't badge it up as what it's not, I don't see the "poser" aspect. There's a difference between selecting the best styling parts available for a particular model, and building a "fake"
Old 08-02-2012, 08:19 AM
S197GT07
5th Gear Member

Hmm...

I'd do it. No shame in getting parts that will fit, just don't go putting BOSS stickers on, haha.

Like its been said, making it LOOK like something is fine, badging it as such, and referring to it is such, deserves a kick in the temple.

Quick Reply: Mass Chit-Chat