Massachusetts Regional Chapter Chapter President: Torch_Vert

Mass Chit-Chat

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2013, 07:25 AM
chaoscentral
2nd Gear Member

Yea this summer flew by, but the most disappointing thing was the NEMA cruise disappeared lol. First part of summer I blew up my transmission so it was out of commission for almost a month, then I was just having issue after issue with the belt system so I took the blower off, then I fixed my rear end, and now finally at the end of the summer the blower is going back on... I put on less than 1000 miles this summer on my car, maybe 650-700 miles which is ridiculously low for me.
Old 08-30-2013, 07:51 AM
S197GT07
5th Gear Member

Yea, flew by for sure.

Big cruises were all but gone, I've been super busy with work/wedding stuff.

I've decided to sell the car, and move over to the dark side next year. Its been a crazy summer.
Old 08-30-2013, 09:14 PM
I_Call_D.I.B.s
2nd Gear Member

I've also been busy lately. I haven't autocrossed the Mustang like I wanted to but I've still got a couple of opportunities left in the fall. At least my suspension has been installed. I've been driving and tending to the Alfa these past couple of weeks as well. With the Alfa on the road I might finally be able to get the 'Stang into a body shop to have that nicked bumper from last year repainted.
Old 09-12-2013, 04:16 PM
HellsBells
1st Gear Member

http://www.cheperformance.com/prod-211.htm

Got one of these for sale! New, never installed. Asking $180 picked up. New is $210 + shipping. Open to offers as well.
Old 10-01-2013, 10:13 AM
Gremlin85

How you doing, everyone?

Just got my 2013 GT Premium last week and loving every second of it!

I'm mostly in Auburn and Rutland but work in Worcester.
Old 10-03-2013, 09:44 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Gremlin85
How you doing, everyone?

Just got my 2013 GT Premium last week and loving every second of it!

I'm mostly in Auburn and Rutland but work in Worcester.
Cool! What color?
Old 10-09-2013, 07:14 PM
I_Call_D.I.B.s
2nd Gear Member

Looks like I will be shopping for some winter wheels and tires for my Mustang. I did some work on the Alfa recently (new coolant tank, spark plugs, fuel lines, injectors, fuel filter), and while I was diagnosing a misfire, I couldn't get it to turn over again. The engine had locked up. After a lot of troubleshooting I open the front valve cover and this is what is greeting me.

Name:  20131008_181136_zps810c689a.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  96.9 KB

So now my intended winter ride is parked. I need to get to the rear valve cover and pull the front head to see how bad the damage is. I'd also like to smack whoever worked on this engine last for not putting the cam follower back in after removing it! The Alfa ran like a top before this happened.

And before anyone says, "Well, it's an Alfa, what do you expect?" I've got folks with decades of Italian car experience telling me they've never seen anything like this before!
Old 10-09-2013, 07:28 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Man, that's painful to even look at...
Old 10-18-2013, 08:06 PM
MuffinSpecial
1st Gear Member

hey for those of you running catless pipes or long tube headers how do you get past the strict laws for inspection in mass? i was thinking of putting on some long tubes and was warned by my guy at the shop to figure every thing out before doing it. you guys got places you go to any tricks?
Old 10-19-2013, 02:38 AM
SyNdicateZ
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by MuffinSpecial
hey for those of you running catless pipes or long tube headers how do you get past the strict laws for inspection in mass? i was thinking of putting on some long tubes and was warned by my guy at the shop to figure every thing out before doing it. you guys got places you go to any tricks?
They do visual checks now for cats..so....unless you are friends with the inspection techs I'd stay with the cats..

They have been jacking up mustangs, camaros and other cars with ***** and visually looking for cats nowadays! It's all fukked up now man!

Quick Reply: Mass Chit-Chat