Massachusetts Regional Chapter Chapter President: Torch_Vert

You got mods? Have you ever seen the strip!?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 08:38 PM
SyNdicateZ
3rd Gear Member

Default You got mods? Have you ever seen the strip!?

So I was talking to some kid that drives a Cobra at a local convience store, and we were discussing our performance mods and shootin the shyznit. I then ask him, "whats your quarter mile time?" and the kid just gave a blank stare...he didnt know what the fawk I was talking about..lol I then had to educate him about the dragstrip up at New England Dragway... Surely enough he thanks me and plans on going up there and seeing how fast his cobra is at the track this spring/summer.

Anywayz

How many of you have never ran the quarter mile but have performance mods? sure sure, I know that giving our cars performance upgrades is a cool hobby, but isnt it also good to know how your mods really improve your cars quarter-mile times at the track?

Its really fun up there!
Old 03-08-2012, 09:07 PM
rdsx18
4th Gear Member

I didn't go last year but I have been before, but always when it is cold out. I can never hook up when I go, so I hope to hook up good and get a 12 second pass, I think it is possible once I get a dyno tune.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:47 PM
GTRaider
1st Gear Member

I sent an e-mail to the marketing guy at New England Dragway a few years ago suggesting that they try to get a TV show like Chronicle on Channel 5 to do a story on a noobie going drag racing for the first time. I went to Richmond Dragway a few times back when I was stationed at Fort Lee, VA 30+ years ago (yeah, I'm old... so what! LOL) but going to NED now without some knowledge of how it all works and what kind of safety equipment you need to be able to run is kind of daunting for someone who doesn't know anyone who races there anymore.

Maybe a little primer on what you need to do and what happens when you go there would help others feel comfortable enough to take a shot at it.

Anyone out there care to give it a try?
Old 03-08-2012, 11:41 PM
SyNdicateZ
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by GTRaider
I sent an e-mail to the marketing guy at New England Dragway a few years ago suggesting that they try to get a TV show like Chronicle on Channel 5 to do a story on a noobie going drag racing for the first time. I went to Richmond Dragway a few times back when I was stationed at Fort Lee, VA 30+ years ago (yeah, I'm old... so what! LOL) but going to NED now without some knowledge of how it all works and what kind of safety equipment you need to be able to run is kind of daunting for someone who doesn't know anyone who races there anymore.

Maybe a little primer on what you need to do and what happens when you go there would help others feel comfortable enough to take a shot at it.

Anyone out there care to give it a try?
The Street night programs every Friday and Wednesday night are great events for the 1st time racer.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:47 AM
rdsx18
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SyNdicateZ
The Street night programs every Friday and Wednesday night are great events for the 1st time racer.
Yup, just bring a helmet and if you trap higher than 100 I think you can't have a passenger.
Old 03-09-2012, 03:05 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

I go once in a while.

Last reliable times were before I got the blower, car was running 14's.

The only time I've gotten to the track with the blower was with the stock clutch which wasn't holding. I'd drop the clutch, it'd slip, and bang I'm into the rev limiter

Track trip planned as soon as the new trans is in and the clutch is broken in. I have an online buddy with a near identical setup that's running mid-12's regularly, but he's a total track ho, I'd be thrilled with low 13's/high 12's.
Old 03-09-2012, 04:34 PM
chaoscentral
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Torch_Vert
I go once in a while.

Last reliable times were before I got the blower, car was running 14's.

The only time I've gotten to the track with the blower was with the stock clutch which wasn't holding. I'd drop the clutch, it'd slip, and bang I'm into the rev limiter

Track trip planned as soon as the new trans is in and the clutch is broken in. I have an online buddy with a near identical setup that's running mid-12's regularly, but he's a total track ho, I'd be thrilled with low 13's/high 12's.
We should get a sort of "track day" going on a street night or test n tune and get a bunch of forum goers to head up there. I'm going to want to head up there once the blower is on.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:17 PM
rdsx18
4th Gear Member

I'd do a few track nights. I really want to get a 12 second slip, I think I can do it with a good launch.
Old 03-09-2012, 11:28 PM
SyNdicateZ
3rd Gear Member

Yea! I wanna see how fast my new twin turbos get me. should hit 8's
Old 03-10-2012, 07:53 AM
S197GT07
5th Gear Member

I made initial plans with pete from Hollow point racing to head up when they open. We'll make it an event and sticky it here.

Quick Reply: You got mods? Have you ever seen the strip!?