Massachusetts Regional Chapter Chapter President: Torch_Vert

2012 Mustang Rally Finger Lakes, Aug 3-5

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 04:23 PM
NYstang
MF Staff Snitch

Default 2012 Mustang Rally Finger Lakes, Aug 3-5

Hello all! I am here to announce the finalization of the 2012 Rally of the Fingerlakes!! Although based in NY, it is a great event for all to attend in the Northeast, with great drives, and the even ranging from an afternoon at Watkins Glen to a parade through town!I hope to see some of our non-Yankee fan neighbors there!

The 2012 Mustang Rally of the Finger Lakes is set for August 3rd - 5th! Just like last year, we have a very fun weekend planned and this year will be even better! On Friday, we will again be going to Watkins Glen to do some laps. However, this year, Molly Saleen will be joining us at the track! Saturday we will have the Car Show followed by the Parade. Dinosaur Bar-B-Que will be catering at the show. Sunday will be the Poker Run.

I am also proud to say that the state site of NewYorkMustangs.com has signed on as a sponsor and a vendor for the Rally. They will have some nice NYM merchandise for sale at the show, as well as a 50/50, raffle, and other prize drawings! This is a big event requiring a lot of planning and work. There are some MustangForums members, NYstang and Margurite66, who are helping to promote the show and will be helping out with the vendor booths at the Rally. Also, a HUGE thanks to Dan or Ironhorse for all his planning and hard work to make this event happen!!

The details are still being finalized and I will update this post with the details as I get them. You can attend some or all the events, all events are priced separately. If you need a hotel, please book hotel of your choice, we don't have any reserved rooms/special rates. There is some hotel information below. I will keep track of all MustangForums members attending, and meeting locations for those cruising out together.

Please also note- This is a great time for Central NY! Not only is it great for mustangs, but it is dead in the center of wine country! Bring the wife- let her be wined and dined while you are out cruising in the pony! Great times to be had by all

For Registration and more information (Please note: 2012 information not available on the website yet): www.ironhorseautosport.com

Hotel Info:
If you need a Hotel, please book ASAP!! The hotels in this area fill up months in advance for weekends in the summer. If you are not sure whether you are coming, I recommend booking and then cancelling later on. You can always cancel but can't book what's not there! I have listed a couple below. Some of us coming from Albany area have already booked Thursday & Friday night at the Ramada (still available but website is showing limited availability). The Hampton is sold out for Friday and the Microtel is sold out on Friday and Saturday. We will keep an eye on the sold out hotels and update if they free up. If anyone knows of other hotels, please post it up and I will add to this list!!

Hotels:
Geneva Ramada Lakefront - Central NY'ers staying here - Limited Availability
41 Lakefront Drive
Rt 5 and 20
Geneva, NY 14456
www.genevaramada.com
The cancellation policy has changed to 7 days!!
Regular Rate $170, AAA Rate $153 (to get AAA rate online, plug in dates then click More Rates and Codes. Select AAA and make sure other 2 boxes are blank)
Hotel is about 15 min from Car show and 45 min from Watkins Glen Raceway.

Hampton Inn Geneva - This hotel is sold out Friday night
43 Lake Street
Geneva, New York 14456
1-315-781-2035
Regular rate $200, AAA rate $180 24 hour cancellation policy
http://hamptoninn.hilton.com/en/hp/h...tyhocn=GVANYHX

Days Inn Geneva (Formerly Motel 6 and renovated in 2011)

485 Hamilton Street
Geneva, NY, 14456
Phone: (315) 789-4050 | Fax: (315) 781-2338
Regular Rate $101, AAA Rate $91 (follow Ramada instructions above for AAA rate online) - 24 hour cancellation
http://www.daysinn.com/hotels/new-york/geneva/days-inn-geneva/hotel-overview

Microtel Inn and Suites - This hotel is sold out Friday and Saturday night
550 Hamilton Street
Geneva, NY 14456
Phone: (315) 789-7890 | Fax: (315) 789-2180
Regular Rate $80 - 24 hour cancellation
http://www.microtelinn.com/hotels/new-york/geneva/microtel-inn-and-suites-geneva/hotel-overview

There's also The Inn On The Lake 585-394-7800 and an Econo Lodge which is just east of Phelps right off Exit 44(1 800 333 0536).

List of MF Members attending:
  1. Marguerite66 - Dawn
  2. AdirondackFox08 - Josh
  3. NYstang - Alex
  4. Jenzpony - Jennie
  5. Torch Vert
  6. Shad2009
Meeting Plans for Thursday:
Albany area meeting early afternoon (Time/Place?), Josh will join us at Utica rest stop.

Meeting Plans for Friday:

Would love to hear any ideas for meeting up with MF members to take pics, have lunch, cruise, etc..!

If we want to cruise to the track together, we can meetup at Belhurst Castle. Time(?). It is on Rt 14 on the way down to Watkins Glen. It has a nice wine and gift shop and large paved lot. http://www.belhurst.com/directions.html If people coming from Rochester want to cruise down together, please meet us here.

Saturday Meeting Place to cruise to show:
We will be meeting at 09:15 at the Mobil gas station off Exit 42. The address is:
1735 RT 14
PHELPS,NY 14532
This is about 5 miles from the show. We'd like to leave Mobil by 09:45.

Last edited by NYstang; 04-03-2012 at 09:19 PM.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:42 PM
shad2009
5th Gear Member

sounds like a fun time...you can put me down, and if i need to cancel due to not being able to get the days off, i'll let you know in advance...

i'll make sure to wear Red Sox gear EVERYDAY haha
Old 04-03-2012, 04:12 PM
marguerite66
4th Gear Member

^^Very cool! This is gonna be a great time!
Old 04-03-2012, 05:00 PM
shad2009
5th Gear Member

^i usually hate that lime color but yours looks nice...bet that turbo sounds sexy
Old 04-03-2012, 05:22 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Stickied this as a courtesy for our New York neighbors...They may be from NY, but they drive 'stangs, so they can't be all bad

Marguerite66: Very nice. Hardly ever see a car with the Mystery 8...

Last edited by Torch_Vert; 04-03-2012 at 05:26 PM.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:01 PM
NYstang
MF Staff Snitch

Thanks Torch!!!

try to come out, we can test out the blown sixxers
Old 04-03-2012, 08:43 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by NYstang
Thanks Torch!!!

try to come out, we can test out the blown sixxers
Looks like I'm tentatively in (not remotely sure how my summer is going to play out, but what the heck). Just reserved a room for Thurs/Fri/Sat
Old 04-04-2012, 03:22 PM
marguerite66
4th Gear Member

Hey, thanks guys! Yeah, its a unique body kit and unique color so its love it or hate it but yeah, turbo sounds great!

Look forward to meeting you guys! Where did you book your room? Maybe we can all cruise out together if its not out of the way.
Old 04-04-2012, 04:06 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

I went with the Geneva Days Inn. Cheapest, and it's not like I'll be needing the room for anything much besides crashing between Mustang events.
Old 04-05-2012, 04:31 PM
marguerite66
4th Gear Member

Sounds good! We're not that far from you so if we're heading out around the same time Thurs. maybe we can meetup on the Thruway or something and cruise out together!

Quick Reply: 2012 Mustang Rally Finger Lakes, Aug 3-5