Massachusetts Regional Chapter Chapter President: Torch_Vert

Diminished Value Claim Results...

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 09:17 PM
Don's Stang
1st Gear Member

Hey guys I am going through the same thing as Larry. Though I have already filed a 3rd party claim with the other parties insurance company. My accident was even close to as bad as larry, but from now on my car will allways be listed as being in a accident, so I am not waiting till after mine is repaired

I don't think I will get as mush as larry got, but I at least want the whole front end painted, and replace both fenders with ones that don't have holes under the 5.0 emblems. Then I will paint the 5.0 on the fenders, and maybe roushcharged on the hood.

Thats the real reason I am going after them, is to replace and repaint both fenders, my bumper, and hood

my awesome dent
Old 02-17-2013, 12:07 AM
SyNdicateZ
3rd Gear Member

Ouch. Eye sore. Hope everything works out.....
Old 02-17-2013, 07:10 AM
BLWN PNY
1st Gear Member

about a week and a half ago i was going to the Dr. as i was pulling into a parking spot this lady backed out of hers and right into the rear door and quarter of my Cadillac CTS.
Being that it was private property I didnt call the Police. thought it was simple enough,
she said she was at fault and gave me her info and Insurance info. And the damage shows she hit me being in the side of my car. well we called her insurace and filed a claim but they cant get her to return a call and admit to fault and because they cant get her to call them back they wont fix my car till then. I hate Insurance companys and all the BS they put you thru. Guess from now on i will call the Police no matter where it is. now i guess i will have to call my Insurance pay my deductable get my car fixed and hope i get my money back sometime.
Old 02-17-2013, 08:35 AM
GT50GO
2nd Gear Member

I can testify that diminished value does work. My other car was slammed into in 2010 and was repaired but the repair total was over 7G. His insurance company was AAA and they fought me tooth n nail all the way up to me actually filling a small claims court suite and then up to mediation (required before actually going to court here in Texas). They finally broke down and paid me at the mediation but the woman insurance rep was pissed off like it was coming out ofher pocket, I guess it didn’t help that I laughed at her as she was ranting.The car was 6 years old and in pristine condition, no prior wrecks, etc…. I also went through a professional company that does this stuff for a living.

Not so funny story…. This same car was just totaled onFebruary 5th. This story is on a soon to be “off topic” post.

Last edited by GT50GO; 02-17-2013 at 08:38 AM.
Old 02-17-2013, 12:47 PM
LMC13
1st Gear Member

Welcome and GL. Definitely call Collision Claims Assoc. if you needier help let me know.

-Larry
Old 02-17-2013, 02:16 PM
mph07alloy
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mojobama
I can testify that diminished value does work. My other car was slammed into in 2010 and was repaired but the repair total was over 7G. His insurance company was AAA and they fought me tooth n nail all the way up to me actually filling a small claims court suite and then up to mediation (required before actually going to court here in Texas). They finally broke down and paid me at the mediation but the woman insurance rep was pissed off like it was coming out ofher pocket, I guess it didn’t help that I laughed at her as she was ranting.The car was 6 years old and in pristine condition, no prior wrecks, etc…. I also went through a professional company that does this stuff for a living.

Not so funny story…. This same car was just totaled onFebruary 5th. This story is on a soon to be “off topic” post.

Same thing happened to me, my black 2010 with 2200 miles was hit by an undercover cop in a Chevy pickup causing $8500 in damage. I knew then that I wasn't going to be keeping a new car that had been hit that hard. When I tried on my own to get diminished value the other insurance co said "we only intend to pay for damages to your vehicle and nothing else" so I got a lawyer. If I remember correctly I got about $3500 extra, then promptly traded for my 2011.

On another not so funny side note, just for the hell of it I googled my last few vehicles VINs, My black 2010 showed up on an insurance sale web site as "totaled, roll over into water" and here is where I found my black 2006. http://www.salvageautosauction.com/v...grove-Arkansas

Looks like the people who own my cars after me aren't so lucky.