MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   Massachusetts Regional Chapter (https://mustangforums.com/forum/massachusetts-regional-chapter-141/)
-   -   Hope to be an owner (again) soon! (https://mustangforums.com/forum/massachusetts-regional-chapter/736614-hope-to-be-an-owner-again-soon.html)

NeverMiss_P51 01-16-2019 09:14 AM

Hope to be an owner (again) soon!

Hi all.
I am in Massachusetts. I posted this same thread in the new members area...but what the heck...I used to have a 2005 V6 a while back. I loved that car. I swapped out the cloth seats for leather (did that myself) and installed an auto start. Like any fool minded person, I traded it. I wonder where that car is now! If anyone has a 2005 V6 out there with non-standard black leather interior, an auto start and the "mustang" decals missing, let me know :-) ( that car would probably have well over 100,000 miles on it by now!) My Dad had a 1994 V6. I remember that one when I was in HS. It was a fun ride. My brother crashed it. My Father started this whole thing with a 65 Mustang. He told me he had to sell it because his new wife, my Mom, could not drive a stick! ARGH!!

Anyway, I am also a pilot, and a big P-51 fan, the Original Mustang! I have had the privilege to get up close and personal with a few of those beauties! But, because I can't afford a multi-million dollar plane, Ill start with the car!

Now, mind you, I like the new Mustangs, but I LOVE the older ones....vintage 1999-2004. For some reason, the lines on those look amazing. So, I am in the hunt for the right one. There are lots of them out there. They range anywhere from 1000 to 15000 on Craigslist. Now, because I am a Dad with a three year old, and we recently purchased a new house...my wife is capping me. She said I could only spend around 3000. No problem. This will not be a daily driver (SUV for that!). I will keep it in the garage and drive it on a nice day. Maybe Ill even learn a thing or two about cars! I would love a GT Convertible, but I will settle for a good V6.

So, what do you think? Am I dreaming the impossible? Not in a rush to get anything right now. I was thinking around the spring time.

Does anyone have any advice about a 1999-2004 Mustang?

Thanks for reading my Story!

SyNdicateZ 02-10-2019 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by NeverMiss_P51 (Post 8643708)
Hi all.
I am in Massachusetts. I posted this same thread in the new members area...but what the heck...I used to have a 2005 V6 a while back. I loved that car. I swapped out the cloth seats for leather (did that myself) and installed an auto start. Like any fool minded person, I traded it. I wonder where that car is now! If anyone has a 2005 V6 out there with non-standard black leather interior, an auto start and the "mustang" decals missing, let me know :-) ( that car would probably have well over 100,000 miles on it by now!) My Dad had a 1994 V6. I remember that one when I was in HS. It was a fun ride. My brother crashed it. My Father started this whole thing with a 65 Mustang. He told me he had to sell it because his new wife, my Mom, could not drive a stick! ARGH!!

Anyway, I am also a pilot, and a big P-51 fan, the Original Mustang! I have had the privilege to get up close and personal with a few of those beauties! But, because I can't afford a multi-million dollar plane, Ill start with the car!

Now, mind you, I like the new Mustangs, but I LOVE the older ones....vintage 1999-2004. For some reason, the lines on those look amazing. So, I am in the hunt for the right one. There are lots of them out there. They range anywhere from 1000 to 15000 on Craigslist. Now, because I am a Dad with a three year old, and we recently purchased a new house...my wife is capping me. She said I could only spend around 3000. No problem. This will not be a daily driver (SUV for that!). I will keep it in the garage and drive it on a nice day. Maybe Ill even learn a thing or two about cars! I would love a GT Convertible, but I will settle for a good V6.

So, what do you think? Am I dreaming the impossible? Not in a rush to get anything right now. I was thinking around the spring time.

Does anyone have any advice about a 1999-2004 Mustang?

Thanks for reading my Story!

ill sell you mines. but i want 10,000

JudiC 03-22-2019 10:37 AM

2005 Mustang Convertible

I just replaced the smart junction box and bought 4 new tires. Then suddenly the parking break won’t engage and it failed inspection! Time for me to say goodbye - it’s a beautiful white mustang convertible with red leather seats, premium sound system, etc. I think it needs some work but the car looks great and would be the perfect project for someone!