Members Mustangs This section is for picture threads relating to members Mustangs. Please read the rules before posting!

My 2008 Dark Candy Apple Red S/C - new interior additons - Leather & Fire

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 12:31 PM
MeanStang08
ChopShop Mod-tator

Default My 2008 Dark Candy Apple Red S/C - new interior additons - Leather & Fire

Welp.. after work getting in the way of my install, I finally got my new Leathers on.. holy cow (no pun intended) this leather is sweet.. and Redlinegoods.com color matched the thread perfect. +1

I purchased an OEM shift-boot & ring off of the bay cheaply because I wanted to be able to go back to stock if i didn't like this or screwed something up. (not really feasible for the center console, although entirely possible for the right $)

The shift-boot is AWESOME... that 4" shorter than stock is EXACTLY what my Hurst shifter needed. The only drawback I found is when I went to take pics and put the color-match trim bezel over top, this new boot is thicker, especially at the seam, and had to be "forced" to fit, and i'm not sure that just trimming my screw heads would make it fit perfect.

The install went over-all okay, I'm super-happy with the end product, but it was touch-go with that e-brake boot install. My "rubber & metal" e-brake runner had alot more tabs/slots than the install directions show.. i just added my own slots to the leather boot and after screwing it all together, I went ahead and applied Goop to everything i could touch underneath. After drying, I honestly think you'd have to destroy the console to get it apart now.

While i had the center console apart I figured out the place I wanted to install my fire extinguisher.

and here are some pics:

Color Matched Trim Bezel:

Fire Extinguisher: