Members Mustangs This section is for picture threads relating to members Mustangs. Please read the rules before posting!

My 2009 Dark Candy Apple Red GT (Pic Heavy)

Old 11-07-2011, 08:59 PM
ZPounds07GT
3rd Gear Member

Default My 2009 Dark Candy Apple Red GT (Pic Heavy)

Had my car for a little over a year now and have gotten a few things done. Mostly appearance so far but she is going to be seeing some performance upgrades soon. Here are some pictures to show how she has come along. She has MAC Axlebacks and a BBK Cold Air Intake + Tune for performance so far but no real pictures for them. Complete aftermarket audio system also not pictured. I will continue to add pictures here as she comes along. I hope you all enjoy her, I know I do!

How she came:

35% Tint and new Black Billett Grille:

Spoiler Delete (Temporary 'till properly done):

Black Bullet 20" Wheels:

Blackout Panel and Raxiom Tail Lights (Sequential Turn Signals also):

Last edited by ZPounds07GT; 06-24-2013 at 03:26 PM.
Old 11-07-2011, 11:55 PM
a_lopez1975
4th Gear Member

Nice Transformtion bro. Well, I just bought mines about 3 weeks ago I think and so far ordered the window louvers, hood pins, and yesterday AM shipped my C&L CAI with SF3 tuner. I'm thinking about getting those bullit rims as well. Overall, love what you did to your hood, goes well with your wheels..
Old 11-08-2011, 07:47 AM
JayyVee
2nd Gear Member

I wish I had more hands, so I could give you 4 thumbs up!
Old 11-08-2011, 08:14 AM
ZPounds07GT
3rd Gear Member

Thanks man! Yeah I saw your thread. She is going to look amazing. You are definitely on the right track. Before you put the CAI on and install the tune, drive it so you can see the difference. I bet you will be surprised.

Thanks JayyVee. Means a lot.
Old 11-08-2011, 08:53 AM
a_lopez1975
4th Gear Member

I hope she will look as good as some of ya cars. Wife will be putting it in storage this week and all the mods are either in the trunk or our storage closet. And when I come home in April, I will drive it "STOCK" for a few hours, then I will put the mods on so I can see the difference.

So what other modifications do you plan on the near or far future. I'm really learning alot from you guys and the mods I've purchased have been based on reading everyone's threads on what's worked for them and what's not.

Take care
Old 11-08-2011, 02:22 PM
ZPounds07GT
3rd Gear Member

Yeah I have learned a lot on here too. Majority of what I know now has come from here. Great info and some pretty great people. Your car will turn out great, just give her some time.

Future mods.. man where to start?.. Umm.. first, redo/upgrade my brakes. Koni STR.T Shocks and Struts, Steeda Sport Springs and Strano Adjustable Sway Bars for suspension. FRPP Hot Rod Cams, FRPP Intake Manifold, FRPP 4.10 gears, Steeda Underdrive Pulley, TCI Torque Converter and finish my exhaust with MAC Long Tube Headers and Mac Prochamber. I will probably do more but I don't know what else I could do other than go forced induction but I want to be all naturally aspirated. Lol.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:29 PM
89LX5pointO
3rd Gear Member

Nice lookin Pony!
Old 11-08-2011, 06:35 PM
ZPounds07GT
3rd Gear Member

Thanks man. I love your car! I don't even like the fox bodies that much but yours is sharp!
Old 11-08-2011, 11:41 PM
a_lopez1975
4th Gear Member

Wow, sounds great. Well, I have to do some more research before any further modifications because I want to understand what I'm doing. So my next step will probally be the sway bar, and then I look into headers and other parts from the engine once I get an understanding on what certain things are used for (along with pro's and con's).

Take care bro
Old 11-09-2011, 09:08 AM
ZPounds07GT
3rd Gear Member

Yeah I hear ya. Definitely check into what you are doing and make sure you know what you're getting into. Knowing how things work is a good way to make sure you don't do something you think is good but actually bad.

I have heard that the biggest weak point in the suspension is the shocks and struts on our cars. Sway bars are good to start with too but I would go with adjustable ones so that you can tailor the settings to suit you and not what is said to be "the best."

The best guy you could talk to on here about suspension is Sam Strano. He sells a lot of different brands and will give you the best info on what you need. Just check around on here and you will see that he knows what he is talking about.

I forgot that I'm also looking at a Fayes2 Watts Link for the suspension and a FRPP Throttle Body.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My 2009 Dark Candy Apple Red GT (Pic Heavy)