Members Mustangs This section is for picture threads relating to members Mustangs. Please read the rules before posting!

My Black '06 V6

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 09:41 PM
steev
2nd Gear Member

Default My Black '06 V6

After an eventful day picking it up (and the thermostat housing deciding to split on me 7 miles into ownership), I've completed my first trip with the Mustang.

We drove up to Vermont for Thanksgiving and back, had a bit of a snow storm as we were going out of Bennington, but all was well and I handled my first RWD car nicely.

Anyway, here are some pictures:

On the way home along the Taconic State Parkway.
Name:  DSC03644.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  97.5 KB
Name:  DSC03645.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  104.0 KB
I want to get some better rims than these when the weather gets nicer, thinking of putting Winter tires on these.
Name:  DSC03651.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  91.2 KB
I love how this leather is, the pictures don't do it justice.
Name:  DSC03655.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  66.6 KB
Name:  DSC03549.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  89.0 KB

I struggled with the tints on the front side windows, so bought a cheap clothes steamer and took them away today:

Before:
Name:  DSC03657.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  104.3 KB

After:
Name:  DSC03665.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  114.8 KB

I don't mind them on the rear quarters and rear window, but they were wearing and all streaky, so I couldn't see properly out of them.

To end this post, my favourite shot of the Mustang yet:
Name:  DSC03652.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  41.0 KB
Old 11-26-2012, 08:23 PM
steev
2nd Gear Member

And in the local Walgreens, I saw someone turn near my car, not turn enough and scrape the entire side of her car against the front corner of mine.

I sprinted over shouting and a lady got out of the car apologizing.

She said she wasn't thinking and we exchanged insurance information.

The extent of my damage was the front of the driver's side wing was scratched and had some paint chipped away (as much as I could see in the poor light), she had taken a 5 foot x 2 foot layer of paint off of her car though.

GREAT
Old 11-27-2012, 12:34 AM
JimmySlort
1st Gear Member

Man that sucks...goats...large.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:02 AM
06RubyFire
2nd Gear Member

Nice car, Love the interior! You've had a rough time with the thermostat and the bump up :^P. I hope its not bad.
Old 11-27-2012, 02:37 PM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

Congrats on the Mustang! My thermostat housing leaks off and on. It's on my to do list to fix. Red/black interior looks great!
Old 11-28-2012, 09:14 AM
steev
2nd Gear Member

Thanks guys, it's not too bad. I'm booking the car in with a State Farm approved bodyshop, all sorted out by her insurance.

Once that's done, I can start doing the things I'd like to do to the car.

I'd like to concentrate on learning to handle RWD properly, getting it handling and stopping well before I look at power (which would probably be better just trading it in for a GT or 2013 V6 a couple of years down the line than going for FI or major mods).

So I'm thinking my mods would consist of:

-Go to an autocross event or two and learn the character of the car in a controlled environment
-Good summer tires/new rims
-GT or better brakes
-Shocks and springs
-Stiffen the chassis
-Short throw shifter
-CAI, Tuner, Exhaust as the maximum power mods
-Some visual things like sequential turn signals and smoked side markers, I want a stereo that I can use with my phone (I seriously don't own CDs anymore) and maybe a new Boss or GT500 steering wheel.

I read that the V6's don't come with an LSD, which was a bit of a bummer.

I don't know, if I get the tuning bug big and am able to get a garage, maybe it'll have a lot more done to it...
Old 11-28-2012, 09:40 AM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by steev
Thanks guys, it's not too bad. I'm booking the car in with a State Farm approved bodyshop, all sorted out by her insurance.

Once that's done, I can start doing the things I'd like to do to the car.

I'd like to concentrate on learning to handle RWD properly, getting it handling and stopping well before I look at power (which would probably be better just trading it in for a GT or 2013 V6 a couple of years down the line than going for FI or major mods).

So I'm thinking my mods would consist of:

-Go to an autocross event or two and learn the character of the car in a controlled environment
-Good summer tires/new rims
-GT or better brakes
-Shocks and springs
-Stiffen the chassis
-Short throw shifter
-CAI, Tuner, Exhaust as the maximum power mods
-Some visual things like sequential turn signals and smoked side markers, I want a stereo that I can use with my phone (I seriously don't own CDs anymore) and maybe a new Boss or GT500 steering wheel.

I read that the V6's don't come with an LSD, which was a bit of a bummer.

I don't know, if I get the tuning bug big and am able to get a garage, maybe it'll have a lot more done to it...
Looks like a good list!
Performance wise, I highly recommend a CAI and SCT hand held tuner with custom tunes from a reputable company such as American Muscle or Brenspeed. You will feel a drastic performance gain and sharper shift points around the 3K RPM range. FYI, exhaust does not really add any performance gains. However, it will look and sound a bit better!

Last edited by kevinmalec; 11-28-2012 at 09:43 AM.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:06 AM
95 BLOWN GT
5th Gear Member

welcome...hope you have a little better luck in the future with her.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:33 AM
steev
2nd Gear Member

Nothing bad has happened this week! The only annoyance was the BP pump deciding I only needed to put in 6.5 Gallons of gas, but I managed to fill it up the next day ok. Got some window wipers for the car (very sexy purchase there!) this weekend after spending an hour in a Best Buy looking at their stereos (none of which truly appealed to me).

Still need to get a chance to take the car to the shop though, annoyingly I don't have vacation until the new year, but maybe they are open on the weekend.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:40 AM
rangerfx405
2nd Gear Member

Welcome and nice v6 enjoy it.

Quick Reply: My Black '06 V6