Members Mustangs This section is for picture threads relating to members Mustangs. Please read the rules before posting!

My 2006 Vista Blue GT 4.6

Old 02-11-2012, 01:51 PM
borii

Default My 2006 Vista Blue GT 4.6

This shot shows how the tires protrude while still being flush. I love it.

The front coil spring.

The drop in the front. Only 1" but looks lower with the taller tire.

The rear wheel at a close up.

A complete side shot. The rear still sits high but trust me, when compared to stock it is definitely lower.

They are a staggered set. 18x10 in the rear and 18x9 in the front. Tires up front are 255/45/18 and the rear is 275/45/18. The tires are Nitto 555.

Ford Racing Springs.

I have since tuned it from 87 to 93 and installed 4.10 gears and the C&L Racer intake. Wicked now (to me since I know some of you guys are pushing twice my HP haha):clap:

Also installed Hawk Street Pads Front and Rear. Stocks on a dime now. The combo of tire and drop REALLY changed the handling. Feels like a completely different car.
Old 02-11-2012, 01:52 PM
borii

Two things.

The rear settled a bit more. I don't think it ill go down much more without prolonged weight in the back.

Second, I replaced the "GT" emblems with 'Autobot' badges. Couldn't help it.

Old 02-11-2012, 07:42 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Looks nice my man but... I would finish her up with the blacked out look (tails and head lights).. Also (me) I'm a big fan of the GT symbol on the side of the 05-09 GT's. Maybe slap it back on and get it painted black. Also get rid of the antennae. Tilll this day, I don't know what Ford was thinking about making that frigging antennae that big. Congrats once again and it's only my suggestions..
Old 02-12-2012, 01:11 AM
Matermine
1st Gear Member

I have to agree with Soldier. Get the short antenna or get rid of it.

Not a big fan of the autobot symbol, but whatever floats your boat.
Nice car.
Old 02-12-2012, 06:35 AM
borii

Originally Posted by Soldier GT
Looks nice my man but... I would finish her up with the blacked out look (tails and head lights).. Also (me) I'm a big fan of the GT symbol on the side of the 05-09 GT's. Maybe slap it back on and get it painted black. Also get rid of the antennae. Tilll this day, I don't know what Ford was thinking about making that frigging antennae that big. Congrats once again and it's only my suggestions..

Originally Posted by Matermine
I have to agree with Soldier. Get the short antenna or get rid of it.

Not a big fan of the autobot symbol, but whatever floats your boat.
Nice car.
I hate the antenna as well. Trying to get a black 3 inches. I have only been able to find a silver 3 inches. I do not like the 'Shorty' antennas because they're usually still 8 inches which isn't really short.

As far as the tails and headlights, I am getting the Raxiom smoked headlights and corners which retain the amber bulb. The rear I ordered the black deck lid panel and the black trim but I will not be smoking the tails. Too dark for safety IMO so they will stay OEM.

A sfar as the 'Autobot' symbol, I knew it'd be a hit or miss with the 'audience' but it has some meaning to me haha. I love transformers, have always as a kid. It will be the ONLY corny/silly thing I ever do to this car.
Old 02-12-2012, 11:35 AM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Love those bluestangs!!
Old 02-12-2012, 12:30 PM
Matermine
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by borii
I hate the antenna as well. Trying to get a black 3 inches. I have only been able to find a silver 3 inches. I do not like the 'Shorty' antennas because they're usually still 8 inches which isn't really short.

As far as the tails and headlights, I am getting the Raxiom smoked headlights and corners which retain the amber bulb. The rear I ordered the black deck lid panel and the black trim but I will not be smoking the tails. Too dark for safety IMO so they will stay OEM.

A sfar as the 'Autobot' symbol, I knew it'd be a hit or miss with the 'audience' but it has some meaning to me haha. I love transformers, have always as a kid. It will be the ONLY corny/silly thing I ever do to this car.
Understandable. It's your car, customize it the way you want it.

I didn't know they made a 3 inch antenna...I'll have to look into that.
Old 02-12-2012, 04:47 PM
vbstang13
3rd Gear Member

I like what you have done to your car, very nice. Autobot or not that's what is so awesome about our cars we can do things that make them unique.
Your pics remind me of some neighborhoods in Philly.
Old 03-02-2013, 02:25 PM
borii

Old 03-05-2013, 11:09 AM
95 BLOWN GT
5th Gear Member

are you painting the carbon fiber parts ? if not lose the stripes..imo

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My 2006 Vista Blue GT 4.6