Members Mustangs This section is for picture threads relating to members Mustangs. Please read the rules before posting!

2012 Silver GT Brembo

Old 07-16-2017, 11:47 AM
fourdegrees11
1st Gear Member

Default 2012 Silver GT Brembo

Hey guys, this is going to be a build thread of sorts for my Mustang. I've had her for exactly a year, and have just recently decided to go ahead with modding. I picked up this 2012 Brembo 3.73 car with 24k miles on her on July 4 2016, looking just like this

The car had Ford Performance P springs and sway bars, along with an eleanor style grill and Airaid intake tube when I picked her up. The only knock I can give the original owner is they put 275 Lexani tires on all 4 .

I spent the last year getting comfortable with the car. I havent driven a stick since I had a Saab 9-2X Aero (WRX clone) 10 years ago, and the amount of power-to-weight/gearing this Mustang has is a huge leap over the last RWD V8 I car I owned, an 07 300C a few years ago.

My goal with modding is just to make a bad *** all around car. Growing up, modding out a car to be a beast was something I frequently fantasized about. Playing Gran Turismo or Forza was the only way to live out that desire. I'm finally at a point in my life where I can make that happen. The Mustang is my 3rd vehicle, and it's paid off, so there's nothing driving me to get rid of it or replace it eventually.

This is the list of parts I have recently acquired to be installed all at once

- Strange adjustable shocks/struts
- Ford Performance K-springs
- J&M caster/camber plates
- Ford jounce bump kit
- Shaftmasters 3.5" aluminum driveshaft
- Spec stage 2 clutch
- Spec lightened steel flywheel
- SVE braided clutch line
- Mcleod throwout bearing
- Blowfish racing bracket
- Steeda adjustable UCA
- BMR LCA w/relocation brackets
- BMR adjustable panhard bar
- EDIT: DNA T-304 1-7/8" Shorty headers replaced the BBK shorties I had already purchased
- Solo Mach catback

EDIT: Completely forgot to mention I already had FRPP sway bars installed on this car

The only thing that held me up from having all of this stuff installed already was that I ordered a Bassani catback from Maryland Speed two months ago, and it never shipped. I basically emailed the guy 3-5 times a week until finally a solution presented its self with having the Solo shipped. I will never purchase from Maryland Speed again, and anyone reading this should be warned against their insane business practices of immediately billing you and never shipping your product.

I plan on super charging the car eventually with a DOB super charger kit, and want to build everything up first to make the most of it. I didnt forget about wheels. I have SVE S350 19x10/11 setup with 285/35 Sumitomo HTRZ III up front and 305/35 Michelin Pilot Super Sports out back. Havent taken a good pic with the new wheels on yet

Some of my haul

Last edited by fourdegrees11; 08-06-2017 at 12:34 PM.
Old 07-20-2017, 11:37 PM
fourdegrees11
1st Gear Member

Already had a change in my plans. Been hearing a lot about corrosion problems with BBK headers, so lucky for me I didnt have them installed already. I found a set of 304 stainless with 1-7/8 primaries for a steal.

Also today, just picked up a new DD to replace my Nissan Titan, which got horrendous gas mileage.
Attached Thumbnails 2012 Silver GT Brembo-img_2.png  
Old 07-21-2017, 09:12 PM
fourdegrees11
1st Gear Member

After over 2 months of waiting, I FINALLY have my catback exhaust, and can get the ball rolling on installation!
Attached Thumbnails 2012 Silver GT Brembo-img_20.png  
Old 07-22-2017, 12:10 PM
fourdegrees11
1st Gear Member

Parts are off to AZMP! I'm dropping off my Mustang this Tuesday, finally!
Attached Thumbnails 2012 Silver GT Brembo-img_21.png  
Old 07-25-2017, 01:49 PM
fourdegrees11
1st Gear Member

These are the 304 stainless headers I got to replace the BBK, even came with metal gaskets better than the BBK.

My car was dropped off at AZMP today with all the parts listed. Going to give them 1-1.5 weeks for the work and $1300.
Old 07-30-2017, 09:44 PM
fourdegrees11
1st Gear Member

Got my car back from the shop, so I had to finally take some good pictures! I love how the car feels now, it is so much more visceral. The only knock I have is the driveshaft wines above 50 mph, which my wife immediately hated . The solo exhaust really dose have zero drone, but is still loud and throaty while accelerating. The stance with the K-springs is now perfect!
Old 08-05-2017, 12:05 PM
fourdegrees11
1st Gear Member

Finally got a pic of the underside of my car. It's amazing how good the Solo sounds with only that tiny X-pipe muffler. Absolutely zero drone.
Old 08-08-2017, 07:00 PM
fourdegrees11
1st Gear Member

Some install pics from AZMP
Old 08-12-2017, 03:30 AM
Baddog
4th Gear Member

Car looks fantastic.
Old 08-19-2017, 09:00 PM
fourdegrees11
1st Gear Member

Thanks Baddog, I was starting to wonder if I was talking to myself

Changed my front rotors and pads today. It really wasnt that bad of a job. I was quoted $150 if I brought my own parts, so I figured I might as well give it a try myself. Much easier then I remember from the last time me and a friend changed some pads 10 years ago

They had a black coating on them, after the bed-in it's gone.

These were just a quick replacement, as my pads were getting really low, and I wasnt tracking replacing them or the rotors (started getting grooved). So I went the ebay route

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Front-Kit-2-...g/222191220053

Search this Thread