Members Other Vehicles This section is for picture threads relating to members non-Mustangs. Please read the rules before posting!

My 1989 multicolored mustang 2v 4.6 powered s13 240sx!

Old 04-21-2011, 11:52 PM
sr20sean

Default My 1989 multicolored mustang 2v 4.6 powered s13 240sx!

Alright so as you can tell from the pictures this is not a mustang. It is a nissan 240sx. BUT however it is getting a mustang gt 4.6 setup.

first a little history on the car:
bought it in april of 09. tore the single cam engine and auto tragic stuff out, tubbed the front end, rebuilt a ka24de to put in it. ran it for a few hours got tired of it, sold it, bought a ca18det, realized i didnt really like it, still have it sitting in the engine bay waiting for someone to buy(damn flakers). im only going to be using this car to mock everything up in and after that is done im going to be swapping everything over into my daily/weekend drifter. unless i can come up with the money to actually get it on the road.

from this:

to this:

then this:

and this:

then tiny engine:

and then massive steering angle(yes in the last picture you can see that my tire was hitting the frame rail i have since modded the lower control arms and adjusted everything. now i have id like to say another 3 degrees of angle):

now my daily:

__________________________________________________ ____

ALRIGHT! onto the stuff you want to read now!

step 1: have the ***** to attempt this- check!
step 2: get a car to put the engine into - check!
step 3: get an engine - check!
step 4: fabrication - begins thursday 4/21/11
step 5: wiring
step 6: tuning
step 7: drifting!

so the plans so far are as follows:
-centerforce clutch
-custom harness
-custom driveshaft
-weld the crap out of my differential.
-SCT tuner
-custom headers and mounts.
-headers into an x pipe( or maybe an h pipe) into 2 2.5" exhaust pipes running side by side to the stock location on the rear of the car. (blast pipes style for those of you that know 240's) also all V-band flanges. All going to run 2 cheaper summit mufflers probably just so its not retardedly loud.

Later down the road:
-PI heads
-bbk throttle body
-port and polish
-custom LT headers
-maybe a blower?

suggestions, help, and advice appreciated

list of parts needed: 96-98 MAF(or an interchangeable one like from some of the E series vans or f150s even the lincoln mk viii, and etc.) 96-97 under dash engine harness(part that connects to ecu and cluster then goes through the firewall/fender and connects to the engine main harness), stock x pipe(really only need the front part with the o2 sensors), 96-98 throttle cable, 96-98 clutch cable. i think that is it for now. will post in the classifieds though. just was trying to give and idea of whats needed before i can get it running.