Members Rides and Car Show Section This section is for requests for photos of certain models or modifications, as well as car shows and events. Please read the rules before posting!

PROJECT SQEEZN (looking to get an article in a magazine!!)

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 12:59 PM
XR8TEDSLATE

Default PROJECT SQEEZN (looking to get an article in a magazine!!)

Hey all here is my project that I just got completed from TexasHotrods in El Paso. I have known Brian Metzger for over 3yrs, and could not even say how much I thank him and his crew with my project. Here are my pictures.The car is fully built with a forged motor, TKO 500, Patriot Stage 2 heads, VT stage 2 cams, every bolt on possible, TNT F2 (dual stage N20), ect..

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k7...3/IMG_2488.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k7...lerGT08025.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k7...lerGT08026.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k7...lerGT08032.jpg
Old 05-03-2008, 02:10 PM
brian1570
Blart

Default RE: PROJECT SQEEZN (looking to get an article in a magazine!!)

holy **** thats a bad *** car....
Old 05-03-2008, 08:06 PM
Texas_Hot_Rods
2nd Gear Member

Not try'n to hijack ur thread Tyler but here's the pics uploaded from start to finish of the paint & cage. I don't have the motor or nitrous pics uploaded yet but you can handle those when we deliver the car right??!!

THR Custom Body Work & Prep:

We'll try to get some of the car assembled after we get it sanded and buffed. We are running short of light as it's already 7pm!
Old 05-03-2008, 11:07 PM
03SilverGT
2nd Gear Member

looks great.....but the THR sticker on the trunk lid is crooked and would drive me nuts. I love the color its beautiful
Old 05-03-2008, 11:49 PM
alexr
★★★★★

not a fan of the fenders, but that paint looks sick. you gonna leave the "SALEEN" in the bumper, or shave it?
Old 05-04-2008, 12:59 AM
Texas_Hot_Rods
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 03SilverGT

looks great.....but the THR sticker on the trunk lid is crooked and would drive me nuts. I love the color its beautiful
That's the angle not the logo. By the way it's painted under the clear not a decal. Wait till we get final assembled pics.
Old 05-04-2008, 01:20 AM
Texas_Hot_Rods
2nd Gear Member

OK, Here's the wet sanding and buffing pics and some of it with a quick hand glaze after we buffed it. We still have to assemble it and detail it with the new wheel/tire combo so hang in there for the final pics. (Until it's in the sun again, the pics just don't do the color justice.)

**SPECIAL Thanks to my painter "JJ" Jimmy James for all the work and crazy overnighters to get this wrapped. Also a HUGE thanks to Tyler for giving THR a chance to roll out another stang!**

Sanding Pics:

Sanded Fenders and unsanded hood:

Now we start buffing with 3m compound to bring it out and ditch the orange peal finish for some shine!

Now some quick shots of it buffed but not yet detailed

Old 05-04-2008, 10:01 AM
2k1gt
5th Gear Member

The paint looks amazing. I can't wait to see how she looks all put together and in the sun.
Old 05-04-2008, 03:39 PM
zporta
5th Gear Member

that thing is lookin hot
Old 05-04-2008, 04:37 PM
XR8TEDSLATE

Im going to leave the SALEEN logo in the bumper b/c this kit is a true Saleen kit. As you know all the work has been done by TexasHotrods in El paso. If anyone knows a contact number for a Magazine article i.e Modified Mustang, MMFF, 5.0 please let me know. I have roughly $30,000 invested into my car. With a forged motor, cobra crank, TKO 500, Spec stage 2 clutch, Alum. driveshaft. Drive shaft saftey loop, 31 spline axels, eaton posi, 4.10 gears, UPR K-member, Patriot Stage 2 heads, VT Stage 2 N/A cams, MSDcoil on plugs,Accufab plenum, 75mm TB, Mac Straight shot intake, 85 MM MAF, 44lb injectors, sub frames,Custom THR Cage,SVT Focus fuel pump 255lph, longtubes, SLP exhaust, MAC pro chamber, MotoBlue pulleys, TNT F2 N20, FR500 Wheels. I hope you all enjoy the pictures. I will post more as they come.

Special Thanks: Brian (owner of TexasHotrods), Liz (Brian's wife) for letting him stay the long hours, "JJ" master painter(with a hell of a paint job), and the rest of the www.texashotrods.com staff.

Quick Reply: PROJECT SQEEZN (looking to get an article in a magazine!!)