Members Rides and Car Show Section This section is for requests for photos of certain models or modifications, as well as car shows and events. Please read the rules before posting!

not a ford, but...

Old 05-17-2008, 08:58 PM
FixFalcon
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: not a ford, but...

Mud flaps on a Mustang?
Old 05-17-2008, 09:01 PM
landon.moss
2nd Gear Member

MHMMMM flaps on both my cars...between winter, gravel roads, sand on every street, etc. it's a must to keep your quarters lookin decent
Old 05-17-2008, 09:11 PM
Maraman
3rd Gear Member

need some side pics. nice cars
Old 05-17-2008, 09:57 PM
Kara
4th Gear Member

I love it!
Old 05-17-2008, 10:44 PM
brian1570
Blart

needs heads and cam. sounds too stock [:'(]
Old 05-17-2008, 11:07 PM
AmericanICON
3rd Gear Member

Nice car, man! How long have you had it? How much restoration was involved?
Old 05-17-2008, 11:11 PM
landon.moss
2nd Gear Member

got heads,is cammed(nothing too radical-personally, i don't like too much of the "brumpbabump"-sounds like it's gonna die, i have idle turned up for now til i can get a higher stall converter shoulda done it at install, but gonna have heads and intake port-matched...that lil difference can make 100 HP on a small block chevy, so if i'm lucky, it'll be a sweet addition

lol i just read your sig...2000 stall....i think i'm going to get one in the 2800-3200 range....no more high speed runs, thou....fast to about 60 and then nothin ha
Old 05-17-2008, 11:20 PM
landon.moss
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AmericanICON

Nice car, man! How long have you had it? How much restoration was involved?
this was technically my second car...saved the whole summer after i turned 16 to get it, 21 now....i'll put up a pic of when i got it...i thought it was kinda cool then, but i wanted to take it back to blue...so motors been worked on a lil bit, paint job, electrical work (as on all mopars)....really, that's about it other than the 5 or more different exhausts i've tried on it...think i'm goin back to an open, side exitrace exhaust(similar to AAR cudas, Challenger T/As if you wanna google it)....didn't u know u don't have to work on mopars? lol JK it didn't take much - appearance was really all i've changed...motor is heads, cam, carb, headers, electronic ignition...trans was done before i got the car, no idea on the rear-end...but it accelerates like a mother and can run all day long has no top-end loss, really amazing

and for the side pic request...

Old 05-18-2008, 08:59 AM
jrhykushi
4th Gear Member

is it just me, or do the wheels look realllly small?
Old 05-18-2008, 01:25 PM
landon.moss
2nd Gear Member

didn't have 17s back in the day wheels are a whoppin 14" vintage Ansen sprint mags with BFG Radial T/A tires - rears are about 1" taller in the back. they're wide (maybe an inch or so wider than the stang), and pretty short( i think 26", should be closer to 29" for a stock look). would like to put taller on the back, but i can't justify throwin away tires that have so much tread left, plus i wanna go back to the racecar style it had before, so it will be lowered about 3.5"(had to raise it about that much for the sidepipes) and the taller tires would probably hit - when i get to that point, i'll do some more research, i suppose

15" wheels were the "big" wheels of the time, so not much difference, and i HATE "foosified" muscle cars with 18s, 20s, 22s, etc...yuck...i'llleave that for the ghetto cruisers

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: not a ford, but...