not a ford, but... - Page 3 - MustangForums.com

Members Rides and Car Show Section This section is for requests for photos of certain models or modifications, as well as car shows and events. Please read the rules before posting!

not a ford, but...

Old 05-18-2008, 04:59 PM
jrhykushi
4th Gear Member

Default RE: not a ford, but...

haha, "foosified"...

do you consider the s197s as muscle cars?
b/c i think s197s with 20s look pretttttty sweet
Old 05-18-2008, 10:23 PM
stangalator
4th Gear Member

both look good, love the side exhaust
Old 05-19-2008, 12:19 AM
FuzzyDiceRule
5th Gear Member

sick, the chevelles getting her exhaust this week, just a 3 inch side exit setup the bitch idles at 1300, i have a feeling im gonna get a lope if i turn it down, but unlike you, i like lopes, so i just might =P
Old 05-19-2008, 10:42 AM
jkrum10238
2nd Gear Member

are those side pipes functional?
Old 05-19-2008, 07:42 PM
landon.moss
2nd Gear Member

personally, i think of mustangs, camaros, earlier cudas, and firebirds as "pony cars". designed to have small, high-winding motors that are built to take curves...putting big blocks in those cars to compete with the big block mid-size cars (that were built stock to have a ton of power and only go straight), imo, was overkill, and because of the weight they weren't designed to handle, they didn't perform a whole lot better. on the new mustangs, i like anything up to 18", some 20s look good, but others look horrible imo.

side pipes are functional, but they hinder performance a lot because the inlets are too restrictive...they open up into 3.5", but that lil section of restriction have a drastic effect. i had better luck with 2.25" and 2.5" full exhaust systems. the most power was with a 3" exhaust system that ran out the side at a 45 degree angle, exiting right in-front-of the rear tires - i switced from that b/c i didn't have my big chrome tips welded on and someone stole them...so i ran it without tips for awhile and got the sidepipes awhile after that because i was moving to a bigger city that is known for noise police - however, i un-hooked them and ran open headers and never had a problem, so i think i'll be just fine going back to side exit, but throwin on some race mufflers or glasspacks.

the sidepipes really quieted the car down at first, but they are a 6 core glasspack design with a center open area(looks like a revolver if you look through them). sounded a lot like the euro-toned exhaust on a viper(luckily, i got to sit in one, just rev it up a bit - no driving, sadly - while i was in my high school auto class.) but, they broke in really fast and are quite a bit louder. because of the restriction, i would only recommend runnin them on a small block without performance mods. the other drawback, was having to raise the suspension several inches (the car sat lower than my friend's camaro) because the pipes hit so much it was ridiculous
Old 05-20-2008, 12:06 AM
FuzzyDiceRule
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: landon.moss

personally, i think of mustangs, camaros, earlier cudas, and firebirds as "pony cars". designed to have small, high-winding motors that are built to take curves...putting big blocks in those cars to compete with the big block mid-size cars (that were built stock to have a ton of power and only go straight), imo, was overkill, and because of the weight they weren't designed to handle, they didn't perform a whole lot better. on the new mustangs, i like anything up to 18", some 20s look good, but others look horrible imo.

side pipes are functional, but they hinder performance a lot because the inlets are too restrictive...they open up into 3.5", but that lil section of restriction have a drastic effect. i had better luck with 2.25" and 2.5" full exhaust systems. the most power was with a 3" exhaust system that ran out the side at a 45 degree angle, exiting right in-front-of the rear tires - i switced from that b/c i didn't have my big chrome tips welded on and someone stole them...so i ran it without tips for awhile and got the sidepipes awhile after that because i was moving to a bigger city that is known for noise police - however, i un-hooked them and ran open headers and never had a problem, so i think i'll be just fine going back to side exit, but throwin on some race mufflers or glasspacks.

the sidepipes really quieted the car down at first, but they are a 6 core glasspack design with a center open area(looks like a revolver if you look through them). sounded a lot like the euro-toned exhaust on a viper(luckily, i got to sit in one, just rev it up a bit - no driving, sadly - while i was in my high school auto class.) but, they broke in really fast and are quite a bit louder. because of the restriction, i would only recommend runnin them on a small block without performance mods. the other drawback, was having to raise the suspension several inches (the car sat lower than my friend's camaro) because the pipes hit so much it was ridiculous
funny, thats the exact description of what im getting ready to do with the chevelle tomorrow, only with the addition of Cutouts
Old 05-20-2008, 06:46 AM
landon.moss
2nd Gear Member

yup...that is really popular with the race crowd - mine was just straight, but i think if i do it that way again, i'll add some glasspacks or some other type of muffler...not sure yet...maybe i'll even go all out and put in an h-pipe
Old 05-20-2008, 10:11 AM
xtremewheelz
1st Gear Member

Nice car. I love old school Mopars!
Old 05-21-2008, 06:26 PM
frawsty

damn that video sounded bad ***! I'd like to get my v6 sounding like that!
Old 05-21-2008, 09:30 PM
FuzzyDiceRule
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: frawsty

damn that video sounded bad ***! I'd like to get my v6 sounding like that!
lol, oxy moron much?