Members Rides and Car Show Section This section is for requests for photos of certain models or modifications, as well as car shows and events. Please read the rules before posting!

Pics of my 03 Sonic Blue GT

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 04:58 PM
DeltaV
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Pics of my 03 Sonic Blue GT

Great color... i love it . Cobra hood FTW!!!! Good luck with your build!
Old 07-17-2008, 05:24 PM
black35th
4th Gear Member

Very nice.
Old 07-17-2008, 07:31 PM
boduke0220
6th Gear Member

Nice car

+1 on the H pipe being hard to install lol but we didnt have to take the starter off haha
Old 07-17-2008, 07:46 PM
contentsunderpressur
5th Gear Member

Nice car! You'll love the converter! Welcome aboard.
Old 07-17-2008, 10:43 PM
Adam03GT
5th Gear Member

4.30 gears in your auto! Dayum!

How do you like those?
Old 07-17-2008, 11:35 PM
mercury267
1st Gear Member

Sweet ride, looks nice.
Old 07-18-2008, 02:46 AM
03FstStngKB
2nd Gear Member

Thanks to everyone for the thumbs up. I know a few of you think I should lower it first and get rims before I do thehood and bumper but I am really leaning towards my original idea. I want to do everything at once like most people want too but usually funds get in the way of taking "Car A" and trying tomake it into a"Car Z" at all onceif you know what I mean. I want to supercharge iteventually but Imay have to scale back my gears and torque converter if I do that. I was thinking maybe a Kenne Bell 9psi kit a few years down the line. Right now I just want to stay N/A and have fun with it. I have such a great platform to start out with. I have the awesome color Ford created for this machine and then I am going to have the cowl hood I have always wanted on it and then slap on the 03 Cobra bumper...lowering it eventually and rims to complete the look.

When ford went with the more sleaker design after 93...starting in 94 actually and then changed again slightly in 99...I swore I would never own one or even consider them worthy because Ireally enjoyed how my 91 5.0 GT looked. I still would own another one today if it was in really good condition. I can't believe how I ownone of those "newer lookingmustangs" thinking back then that I would never agree with thenew edge look so to say. The same goes for the 05+ and up. I am starting to respect them also even though I really don't care to much for the look Ford tried to recreate. They areawesome machines andwhen fixed up right are beasts. The 05 and up's have about 40 more horsepower than the last generation and a better engine platform 3 valve'd instead of our 2 valved...but another 5 to 10 years down the line I might own one of those machines...but I will never get rid of the one I have now...it is one of those cars from the 5 years that ford created that we may never see the likes of again...time will tell?
Old 07-18-2008, 03:02 AM
03FstStngKB
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: boduke0220

Nice car

+1 on the H pipe being hard to install lol but we didnt have to take the starter off haha
Ha!...if I had to change an h-pipe on the ground I would probably havea sore voice for a week from all the yelling and cussing I would have done[:@]. Lift made it easier in relative terms. I only took the starter off so that it would lessen the chances of me stripping off one of the nuts or rounding them off. I had a good assortment of swivels and extensions to do the job but after wrenching 15 mins on a socket that I could not get on the nutstraight enough so that I would not round it off...I said *** it...I'm taking the starter out. Oh that was another job in itself but after my friend with his contorshinist arm was able to wiggle a jillion swivels it seemed like and extensions up there...along with my help...2 man job...lol...we got it off
Old 07-18-2008, 03:20 AM
03FstStngKB
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: contentsunderpressur

Nice car! You'll love the converter! Welcome aboard.
I know I can't wait!! I still have notreceived it yet. But once I get it along with a j-modded valvebody and custom tune...I am going to wake thosestreets from the dead[8D]...Iwouldbe lieingif I told you that I don'ttromp down on it onthe streets from time to timebut there is such a thing as street smarts and just being plain stupid. So street racing is out for me but I will play around with someone if they want to see what it's got...sometimes I will get someone who catches up to me knowing full well what they got and what I have and just ride along beside of me hoping that I will punch it to shootout oftheir radar so to say...depending on the mood I am inand traffic flow and area where cops hang out or the lack of...I will show off but that is about it...I will slow down and let them catch back up and usually get thumbs up most of the time...when I was younger I would floor it at every chance I could get but as you grow older maturity sets in for most males...notice I said most...but most older males respect their machine and try to set an example for the younger crowd to go by. There is nothing wrong with wanting to feel the rush of your machine but the dragstrip is really the only safe place to do it because we all probably have heard at least one horror story of an innocent bystander(s) who have been killed or changed for life including the drag racer because of one stupid mistake to get the thrill. I am only posting this to maybe change one person's mind about street racing...it's VERY DANGEROUS!!
Old 07-18-2008, 03:31 AM
03FstStngKB
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Adam03GT

4.30 gears in your auto! Dayum!

How do you like those?
Night and Day difference...I was going to do the gears, converter, valvebody, and tune at the same time...but I thought I might kill myself with the pure joy of excitement...j/k[8D]. But for real I just wanted to see what each mod felt like...in no particular order. Also we all know that we get used to the power we feel...even though what I am doing is not really increasing the power but using what I have more efficiently and "that is" something you can feel in the 'seat o pants meter'

Quick Reply: Pics of my 03 Sonic Blue GT