Members Rides and Car Show Section This section is for requests for photos of certain models or modifications, as well as car shows and events. Please read the rules before posting!

Pics of my 03 Sonic Blue GT

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 02:33 AM
03FstStngKB
2nd Gear Member

Default Pics of my 03 Sonic Blue GT

Hello to all youmustang enthusiastsout there. I'm new to this forum and just started modding the stang so I decided to post a couple pics of my baby

I just had some tint put on a week ago and took a few shots and these are the results. It rained early in the morning of the day that I had my tint put on and I had to drive it to the tint shop while the roads were wet so it is not the cleanest picture I have of my stang but it is the only ones I have of my car for the time being. I live in Illinois and it is illegal like it is in most states to tint the (front)driver and passenger side windows. This is not my daily driver nor will I drive the car in the rain or snow or winter for that matter. So most of the time the windows will be down when I drive. I think the tint really makes the blue stand out even more. Always loved dark blue...my favorite color

In my signature is a list of mods already complete and ones that I'm going to be doing in the future. I am still waiting on a custom built Stall Converter for my Auto to show up anytime at my house. I also have a special custom tune for the shifting characteristics along w/the stall being made and a j-mod valve body also on order and expecting to receive these accumulation of parts any day now.

Future mods that I plan on doing are to put on a 2.5 or 3 inch cowl hood and a 03 cobra bumper which I think will make the car look siicck[8D]. Once I receive my converter I will be putting it in as soon as my dad's lift is available for use. He is putting an exhaust on a car of his own for the time being. He has a 8 stall car garage with one of those professional lifts. The lift made it easier...notice I said easier...lol...to install my exhaust. H-pipe was a b*tch to get out because I had to take out the starter which was no fun by any means to gain easier access to the bolts on the passenger side header. I had a friend come over to heat up the bolts to get them out easier...as he had the equipment to heat them up with. When I put the starter back in I just left the top bolt out and so far has not caused me any problems. Plus if I have to ever change the starter it will be soooo much easier to get out. It was well worth the work though as I really love the deep sound of the Flowmasters coupled with the h-pipe. I know some people might think they are too quiet and to be honest they are quieter than what I thought they would be but I would trade the loudness to have a more deeper rumble any day...just my personal opinion and preference. I can't even imagine how quiet my set up would be if I had left the cats in.

I am going to be on vacation starting the first week of September and I'm going to be doing a photoshoot of my car. I am hoping by then I have everything installed that i don't have installed yet and hoping to get a hood and bumper for my car before my vacation starts. I will have to wait for next year to do rims and maybe lowering of the car. I know lowering really makes the car look good as we all know we have that 4x4 look to our stangs from the factory but the roads in Illinois are not the best so if I do lower it it won't be much.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post and hope to share some knowledge with you guys or gals

Old 07-17-2008, 02:45 AM
mikemc04gt
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Pics of my 03 Sonic Blue GT

Very nice !!!
Old 07-17-2008, 07:47 AM
baino
4th Gear Member

not a bad start to nice little project
Old 07-17-2008, 09:29 AM
72MachOne99GT
2010 Blue Ball Award Recipient

tint never seems that effetive, until you see it on another car and it looks really good

I love Sonic Blue, almost as much as Atlantic
Old 07-17-2008, 10:14 AM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

do the wheels and springs before you do the bumper and hood combo. i think that the wheels and springs combo will havea more profound impact on the styling of your car. and i have the perfect wheels for your car. classic CCW wheels would look bada** on your car with the tinted windows.

http://www.ccwheel.com/files/wheelpr...php?id=classic

they are expensive but they would just set your car off in my opinion. and pair that with some H&R SuperSport Springs or some Eibach Sportlines would just make your car look sick. then if you did the hood and bumper combo would make it look even more sick. but this is all just my opinion.

[IMG]local://upfiles/84888/51CD4EE551E34CD2828FF9517B6AF615.jpg[/IMG]
Old 07-17-2008, 11:04 AM
baino
4th Gear Member

I think those are a little to much for my liking but they are different which is always good
Old 07-17-2008, 02:30 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

but i think they would look perfect on his car with some lowering springs.
Old 07-17-2008, 03:58 PM
hpwrestler220
6th Gear Member

+1 to a great start on modding your care tastefully so far...

goodluck. car looks clean
Old 07-17-2008, 04:07 PM
Hoppers04Gt
4th Gear Member

i love sonic blue!
Old 07-17-2008, 04:37 PM
johnmvtv
2nd Gear Member

Nice lookin sonic! I've got the same color but mine is an 02.Not to jack your thread,but heres a couple of crappy phhttp://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff67/johnmvtv/bl-1.http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/f...lack.jpgjpgone phttp://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff67/johnmvtv/black.jpgics of minehttp://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff67/johnmvtv/blacktint.jpg.I hope they come up.[]

Quick Reply: Pics of my 03 Sonic Blue GT