Members Rides and Car Show Section This section is for requests for photos of certain models or modifications, as well as car shows and events. Please read the rules before posting!

New pics of my GT500 KR Clone

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 04:11 PM
AZAlloy
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by StreamlineStang
Nice pics bro. What's funny is I was just up there on Monday night with the girl watching the stars and that whole planet thing. Love the car as always.
Isn't it a great place to go? What's funny is, my girl was in the car for everyshot it was on the road. I would have to check traffic, and RUN out to get my shots. She would just lean down and hide behind the dash.
Old 12-07-2008, 08:07 PM
StangMan5.0
1st Gear Member

Good looking car, man and love the rims!
Old 12-07-2008, 09:39 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Great shots and the cars look great!
Old 12-08-2008, 03:59 PM
degeze
5th Gear Member

Really nice pics and awesome car.
Old 12-09-2008, 07:21 AM
Doogie65
4th Gear Member

Awesome shots Matt! Makes get that much more motivated to figure out a way to get mine done... but made the decision to get the SC instead right now, but that will be next! And considering mine is a ragtop, it would look just awesome with that look!
Old 12-09-2008, 03:05 PM
matyellott
1st Gear Member

Question A little confused

First off the car looks great, what is it in real life? If a gt, what work have you done on it? I know this is going to come off as me sounding like a pick and I really don't mean it that way but why put the shelby badging and hood on it if it isn't a real shelby? Carol Shelby has worked hard to earn his name in racing and has used his and his teams skills to create great cars such as the GT500 the SS and the KR, why put his name on an imatation? Maybe I am a bit of a Mustang snob, but I have owned 6 of them 1995 LX, 1998LX, 2006 GT, 2009 GT500, and I have done lots of work to each of them (with the exception of my 2 week old GT500) but I have never understood making something a "clone".
Old 12-09-2008, 03:36 PM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

very nice car!
Old 12-09-2008, 04:55 PM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

Not a big fan of putting cobra emblems or making a clone of a car if it is currently being sold and produced. But very nice car!
Old 12-09-2008, 05:40 PM
StreamlineStang
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by matyellott
First off the car looks great, what is it in real life? If a gt, what work have you done on it? I know this is going to come off as me sounding like a pick and I really don't mean it that way but why put the shelby badging and hood on it if it isn't a real shelby? Carol Shelby has worked hard to earn his name in racing and has used his and his teams skills to create great cars such as the GT500 the SS and the KR, why put his name on an imatation? Maybe I am a bit of a Mustang snob, but I have owned 6 of them 1995 LX, 1998LX, 2006 GT, 2009 GT500, and I have done lots of work to each of them (with the exception of my 2 week old GT500) but I have never understood making something a "clone".
Please don't start a poser thread. It's his car and he can do with it what he may. Also Shelby sells the badging, so if it's ok with them, it should be ok with you. Besides I'm pretty sure he has the HP to back up that badge.
Old 12-09-2008, 06:07 PM
matyellott
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by StreamlineStang
Please don't start a poser thread. It's his car and he can do with it what he may. Also Shelby sells the badging, so if it's ok with them, it should be ok with you. Besides I'm pretty sure he has the HP to back up that badge.

Respectfully, yes it is his car and he can do whatever he wants with it, but he chose to post it on an open forum and asked for feedback so we can all give whatever feedback this community wants. As far as the “HP to back it up” statement, I am sure that he comes close to if not matches a Shelby, however that doesn’t make it a Shelby, A true Shelby is a piece if car history, of American history. If someone makes a “clone” if a car that is their decision however since this is a community of mustang fans with strong emotions about what these cars mean to us; we are also allowed to comment on that. Some people want in line, save away every bonus check and extra dollar, and buy a Shelby again not every one can afford a Shelby at every point in their lives, hopefully sooner or later each person can. Sorry again if my points of view offend but this is no different to me then tossing a Ferrari kit on a Fiero and driving around town, if the car you are “cloning” is being produced why not just mod out your car with after market effects and make it unique? Why make it look like something it isn’t?

Quick Reply: New pics of my GT500 KR Clone