Members Rides and Car Show Section This section is for requests for photos of certain models or modifications, as well as car shows and events. Please read the rules before posting!
View Poll Results: What is the "expert" praise you'd give of the car?
1 Star
5.71%
2 Stars
5.71%
3 Stars
25.71%
4 Stars
57.14%
You'd shoot it on sight with a rocket gun because you drive a Roush.
5.71%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

My whip as of 12/12/08 - now with extras.

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 06:11 PM
whtcanbrwnd04u
5th Gear Member

Nice and clean. I want to see 325s on that thing lol! If i were you, id get rid of the saleen spoiler too.
Old 12-13-2008, 09:24 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Legion5- you running 803 crank HP right now with NOS? Maybe not understanding your above post? I agree the economy sucks and though it has affected many I have been lucky so far and safe.....I do still mod the car though but just pay cash (while it is still worth more than the paper it is made on). Great looking ride....you should have a sig pic for it (after all you do know the rule now)
Old 12-13-2008, 09:30 PM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

Looks good...but you need to lose the "803" business on the side....Saleens are meant to be clean.
Old 12-14-2008, 12:16 AM
Dwisforme05
5th Gear Member

i agree. the whole car looks incredible....minus the 803 stuff. its not a boyscout, dont badge it up!!! i love the look of a slick black saleen.
Old 12-14-2008, 12:37 AM
Legion5
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mygt500
Legion5- you running 803 crank HP right now with NOS? Maybe not understanding your above post? I agree the economy sucks and though it has affected many I have been lucky so far and safe.....I do still mod the car though but just pay cash (while it is still worth more than the paper it is made on). Great looking ride....you should have a sig pic for it (after all you do know the rule now)
Yeah what I've gotten into is for every mod I get I always take it from what I made in a month and no longer from any savings.That way while I'm possibly not making money at the time, I'm not loosing it either.

I've PM'ed you some info about the car because you asked and to keep the thread on the topic.
Old 12-14-2008, 09:15 AM
bsnider
1st Gear Member

That is very nice... probably one of the best on this forum. (I would agree with the 803 deletion, otherwise leave it as it sits... awesome!)
Old 12-15-2008, 06:12 AM
GrayPony
4th Gear Member

@Legion5
You've posted in several threads that you have a Saleen clone... how does it have a production number?

Comment made on the mpg of the 4.0 you sometimes own
"Part of the reason I drive it is not to put miles on my Saleen clone as I drive over 20 miles to and from work each day, so it's not an end all, but it's a big issue I think"
Another
"Hypothetically if I were trying to sell a Saleen 3vclone I had, would I make more money added up, if I took off the peices from the Extreme package for the "supercharged "version, or kept them on and sold it that way?"
More
"Keep it, I have a pinstripe on my Saleen clone and I added it on purpose just because it's unique and looks good. You don't see a lot of mustangs with pinstripes."
Still more
"There is no way that you are going to put a new transmission in an E-car. Trust me. I'm running 530hp on my clone and I contacted every transmission manufacturer out there."

"MY Saleen clone is not Red Fire if that helps."

If the car in the pic is 394 it must not be yours... unless of course you "cloned" the production number too.
Nope... you just "photochopped" the plate and forgot about the reflection on the bumper. The reflection shows a different state plate and number.
Attached Thumbnails My whip as of 12/12/08 - now with extras.-plate.jpg  

Last edited by GrayPony; 12-15-2008 at 08:48 AM.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:27 AM
Legion5
5th Gear Member

Talking you asked for it

I didn't say it "had" a production number, just that "it reads 394". It's a clone, made by some of the guys that built the Super Snake for Carol Shelby of all people. To further complicate things, it's actually a real Saleen. Saleen allows you to pay a fee to register a complete Saleen Clone as a Saleen and they send you production plates in the mail. So to be perfectly exact on it's name a "Saleen - Saleen Clone" is what it is, one of just two converted and recognized that way in 2006. The license plate is a photoshop to feel out the newest plate for the car and make sure it wasn't weird. As of today it's plate request is being processed (see below)

My car is a huuuuuuuge can of worms in every specific way.
Attached Thumbnails My whip as of 12/12/08 - now with extras.-licence-plate.jpg  

Last edited by Legion5; 12-15-2008 at 11:01 AM.
Old 12-15-2008, 11:24 AM
GrayPony
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Legion5
I didn't say it "had" a production number, just that "it reads 394". It's a clone, made by some of the guys that built the Super Snake for Carol Shelby of all people. To further complicate things, it's actually a real Saleen. Saleen allows you to pay a fee to register a complete Saleen Clone as a Saleen and they send you production plates in the mail. So to be perfectly exact on it's name a "Saleen - Saleen Clone" is what it is, one of just two converted and recognized that way in 2006. The license plate is a photoshop to feel out the newest plate for the car and make sure it wasn't weird. As of today it's plate request is being processed (see below)

My car is a huuuuuuuge can of worms in every specific way.

I'll say...
You made a post less that a month ago with a front plate.(different state)
Attached Thumbnails My whip as of 12/12/08 - now with extras.-my-car-1.jpg  

Last edited by GrayPony; 12-15-2008 at 11:31 AM.
Old 12-15-2008, 11:35 AM
Legion5
5th Gear Member

you keep labeling the different designs a "different state" but it's the same one over and over:

Don't you have that option?

Last edited by Legion5; 12-15-2008 at 11:45 AM.

Quick Reply: My whip as of 12/12/08 - now with extras.