Members Rides and Car Show Section This section is for requests for photos of certain models or modifications, as well as car shows and events. Please read the rules before posting!

New CF Hood and wheels/tires on my 09

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 02:10 PM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ICIBUY
Hey Im 34 and have 20's WTF Mudflap? LOL just playin! Car looks sweet! Love the hood! Tint will look nice and the 373's will really wake the Vortech up!
lol, hey I didn't say 20s were BAD, I just said I don't get it! Yeah between the gears and the driveshaft, I'm hoping the car is "frisky".
Old 04-05-2009, 07:51 PM
beastlybeast
2nd Gear Member

you have an 09 gt and its already supercharged?? thats sick..... im jealous...
Old 04-05-2009, 09:34 PM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by beastlybeast
you have an 09 gt and its already supercharged?? thats sick..... im jealous...
lol yeah, the S/C went on at 800 miles. I have like 1800 now or something.
Old 04-09-2009, 05:39 PM
AMoRT
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mudflap
Thanks guys! The wheels are Hot Wheels Sixty-Eights, but they look kind of bullety or similar to Mach 1 wheels. I got a crazy deal on them from Discount Tire Direct. $55/each on clearance with a $50 coupon for web orders. I literally paid like $184 for all 4 of them shipped to my door... I just couldn't pass up the deal. They look better than I could have hoped for on the car.

I was originally thinking I'd go get tint done next Friday, but I think I may take her to the shop instead for a gear install.
that is such a steal! i think they actually look really good
Old 04-10-2009, 07:09 PM
Shane D

Thumbs up Great pics!

Is that chin spoiler three piece? So the rear spoiler is a GT500 model? Does it just bolt on in place of a regular spoiler? In person does the CF hood look a lot different from the rest of the car?

I REALLY like the understated look that you have! If you can call a car with spoilers and an induction hood understated.
I like no fake scoops and no stripes as that is how I would (and may) do it.

Shane D
Old 04-10-2009, 07:25 PM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Shane D
Is that chin spoiler three piece? So the rear spoiler is a GT500 model? Does it just bolt on in place of a regular spoiler? In person does the CF hood look a lot different from the rest of the car?

I REALLY like the understated look that you have! If you can call a car with spoilers and an induction hood understated.
I like no fake scoops and no stripes as that is how I would (and may) do it.

Shane D
Thanks! The chin spoiler is a CDC Classic, and its one piece. The rear spoiler is a GT500 replica off eBay. They are generally of good quality and bolt on easily. I think it was around $120. The CF hood is more noticeable in person. Its not black, so its pretty obvious that its aftermarket. I've gotten nothing but compliments on it. The guys at the mechanic shop and the tint shop all commented on it today saying it looked great.

I agree on the standard stripes, I just wanted to go a different way. There is a flat black stripe down both sides and on the back of the trunk lid as well (graphic-express.com). Here are a couple more pics:

Old 04-10-2009, 10:46 PM
Shane D

Thumbs up

Thanks! The chin spoiler is a CDC Classic, and its one piece. The rear spoiler is a GT500 replica off eBay. They are generally of good quality and bolt on easily. I think it was around $120. The CF hood is more noticeable in person. Its not black, so its pretty obvious that its aftermarket. I've gotten nothing but compliments on it. The guys at the mechanic shop and the tint shop all commented on it today saying it looked great.

I agree on the standard stripes, I just wanted to go a different way. There is a flat black stripe down both sides and on the back of the trunk lid as well (graphic-express.com). Here are a couple more pics:
Now that you mention it I see the stripes. Very subtle, which seems to be your whole theme. VERY nice.

Shane D

PS: Pretty ballsy putting a charger on a brand new car.
Old 04-10-2009, 10:48 PM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Shane D
Now that you mention it I see the stripes. Very subtle, which seems to be your whole theme. VERY nice.

Shane D

PS: Pretty ballsy putting a charger on a brand new car.
lol thanks. The car is a weekend toy, so I can take the risk. I have an '08 F-150 pickup for my daily driver... at least its a Ford.

Old 04-11-2009, 09:07 AM
Dwisforme05
5th Gear Member

Thanks. I think I must be too old at 34 to get the whole "big wheels" thing. The 20s with rubber bands around them look whacky to me. This is a muscle car. It belongs having more tire than wheel IMHO. 17's are big enough. I'll leave the oversized wheels to the players in the Escalades, lol.
lol i wasnt thinking that drastic, i was just talking about some DD 18s or something. i have 17s on my car too and i love them, i think i just have a little lower profile tire. i cant stand anything above a 19. rubber band tires made me mad haha.
Old 04-11-2009, 11:33 AM
mikeysGT
4th Gear Member

i like the hood and have been throwing around the idea of getting a CF hood to help take some more weight off the car at the track. how much did that hood set you back? i'm thinking of either getting a cowl or sticking with the same hood i have but in CF

Quick Reply: New CF Hood and wheels/tires on my 09