Members Rides and Car Show Section This section is for requests for photos of certain models or modifications, as well as car shows and events. Please read the rules before posting!

First real shoot.. (new mods + new camera + parking garage roof = perfect!)

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 01:06 PM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

NIce shots. You really got that red to pop.
Old 06-15-2009, 04:14 PM
degeze
5th Gear Member

Nice pics, the car looks so clean.
Old 06-15-2009, 04:27 PM
2007grabberGt
1st Gear Member

looks awesome
Old 06-15-2009, 07:33 PM
TorchedGT
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by turbo87stang
nice looking stang are you running aftermarket springs?
Thanks! Yeah I went with the Eibach Sportlines, I was a little worried about all the feedback on here about how HORRIBLE they are.. horror stories of scraping, hitting things, etc etc..

Granted, I have ZERO clearance for large obstacles and such in the road (like a turtle.. which was already dead by the way.. luckily cleared the front splitter but SLAMMED into the control arm. I was SURE I busted the oil pan or did some crazy damage, but somehow it was okay. There was oncoming traffic, so I couldn't do anything.) However besides that, it's a manageable height. I think 17s or 18s would be impossible with these springs. Figure 19s add 1" to your ride height over 17s for example.

Camber was an issue, as the stupid camber bolts you can get out there are total trash - they require 86lb-ft on the bolts, versus the factory torque spec of 148 for the spindle to strut bolts. SO of course, they rotate a TAD, right back into their most neutral (aka STOCK) camber value. I used the Summit (identical GMS replica) camber plates and machined out the lower strut holes to allow for positive camber adjustment instead of negative like the kit implies. If anything, it's more positive than stock (I'm getting an alignment this week, but I'm guessing -1 degree or less.) That's fine, I don't track the car or anything, but those Eagle F1 GS-D3 tires are stupid expensive, so I'd rather save them than get an extra 5mph in the twisties. =))

So yes, the Sportlines are simply badass looking if you have the right wheels (diameter and offset) to pull it off safely.
Old 06-15-2009, 08:21 PM
thunderhorse
3rd Gear Member

the torch red is gorgeous
Old 06-16-2009, 05:35 AM
STANMAN
4th Gear Member

Great looking car, love the front chin spoiler, really adds a touch of class!!
Old 06-17-2009, 10:54 PM
Iwan2NoY
1st Gear Member

Your car is beautiful! The pics are great!

What wheels and tires are you running?
Old 06-18-2009, 09:42 AM
TorchedGT
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Iwan2NoY
Your car is beautiful! The pics are great!

What wheels and tires are you running?
Thanks again guys... actually the more I look at it, the more I want to change the front a bit (grill area) since it's the only blatantly-stock looking section up there (which isn't a bad thing at all.. but it's sticking out at me now for some reason.) Probably just gonna go with the fog relocation to the center, BUT with the stock-style grill pattern still.

The rims are ASA AR9s (19x8.5 and 19x9.5) and come with red, CF, and chrome inserts (they use little 1/4-20 chrome bolts to hold them in, the same ones that go around the wheel.. the ones in the middle of the spokes would hold the inserts in.) One of these days I'll throw the red inserts in there.. for 5 minutes or so probably haha.

They were actually a bargain, FAR FAR cheaper than the tires.. GY Eagle F1 GS-D3s, 255/40/19 front 275/35/19 rears.. in retrospect I should have done 285s (as my 275s seem to be unusually narrow for some reason, they measure closer to a 255? they looked the same as the fronts before I mounted them as well) but the pattern looks amazing on them - it would look even better if you went with an extreme 305 or something, but then I'd have to drop $400+ per tire! The treadwear is also a dismal 280, but the backs are wearing better than the front somehow (gotta love that live axle!)
Old 06-18-2009, 07:21 PM
o0xerog0o
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by thunderhorse
the torch red is gorgeous

this x1000!

Awesome car, man! If I wasn't in love with black cars so much, red would be my next choice...
Old 06-19-2009, 12:15 PM
dutywilliam

Awesome car, I have a redfire and I was looking at getting those rims and having the red inserts painted redfire to match the car... Take pics with the red inserts in, you might like it better, can't hurt to just try....

Quick Reply: First real shoot.. (new mods + new camera + parking garage roof = perfect!)