Members Rides and Car Show Section This section is for requests for photos of certain models or modifications, as well as car shows and events. Please read the rules before posting!

Got an 8 point buck......

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 11:15 PM
a_penquin
4th Gear Member

Default Got an 8 point buck......

On my way home from blockbuster had a deer jump out in front of me. Looked about an 8 point, and Im lucky I only hit his *** end. Guess I have an excuse now for tinted headlights and a cobra hood. Went back to get him after checking the damage, but he somehow lived after being hit at 50mph. Got off lucky though, only need a right headlight, hood and right fender.

Last edited by a_penquin; 09-09-2009 at 11:18 PM.
Old 09-10-2009, 07:23 AM
blk05srt4
1st Gear Member

that sucks. I remember driving through georiga last year and I must have counted 40+ deer on my way to WV
Old 09-10-2009, 03:43 PM
a_penquin
4th Gear Member

yea, it dose especially with a $2,100 estimate.
Old 09-10-2009, 07:09 PM
Misbehavin
2nd Gear Member

You got lucky. It could have been much worse. Sucks though, as I know you'd rather not have hit it to begin with.

I had one walking across the road last year about this time. Biggest deer I've ever seen in my life. I couldn't see the rack good, as it was night, but the deer was absolutely huge. I swear that deer could have looked me square in the eye if I were standing in front of it.

The good thing is that I had plenty of time to stop.
Old 09-10-2009, 09:03 PM
a_penquin
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Misbehavin
You got lucky. It could have been much worse. Sucks though, as I know you'd rather not have hit it to begin with.

I had one walking across the road last year about this time. Biggest deer I've ever seen in my life. I couldn't see the rack good, as it was night, but the deer was absolutely huge. I swear that deer could have looked me square in the eye if I were standing in front of it.

The good thing is that I had plenty of time to stop.
I didnt, I saw a clear road, then his butt. Thats what did the damage, and yes Im lucky. With how tall he was if he was slower I could very well have antlers in me right now. It was at night too obviously, but I saw the rack slightly as he got spun around. Kinda imagine the one from Tommy Boy, thats what it reminded me of lol.
Old 09-11-2009, 01:33 AM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Good kill, Penguin lol!

Seriously man, that kind of stuff sucks. Glad it didn't turn out any worse than it did.
Old 09-11-2009, 02:21 AM
03_GT_Reaper
2nd Gear Member

Will your insurance cover the damages?
Old 09-11-2009, 01:24 PM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

glad to see it wasn't any worse than it was....I always cringe when I see the word "deer" in the title of a thread...
Old 09-11-2009, 03:16 PM
a_penquin
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 03_GT_Reaper
Will your insurance cover the damages?
Trying to work with them right now, dealing with my ugly red head until the appraiser gets out here to see it. Getting impatient and its only been a day, I want my baby looking good again. Good news is I found a body shop that will do the work and work with the insurance company, plus grantee they're work for the life of the car. They do use aftermarket or used parts at times depending on the cost and insurance company wants, so I may be able to sneak in tinted headlights with the work. Still debating on if I want a stock hood, cobra, or cobra R, but with the stocker at about 400-500 alone I doubt I could get it in.
Old 09-11-2009, 04:24 PM
03_GT_Reaper
2nd Gear Member

well good luck with whatever happens. Hope you get your car back soon.

Quick Reply: Got an 8 point buck......