Members Rides and Car Show Section This section is for requests for photos of certain models or modifications, as well as car shows and events. Please read the rules before posting!

Sharp Cobra at yesterday's show - trailer queen

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 11:17 AM
Batenswytch
redneck gamer nerd chick

Default Sharp Cobra at yesterday's show - trailer queen

This little Cobra won the Best Mustang award yesterday... and it was a clean little dude...

Apparently, my engine bay and interior pix didn't take... I find them no where on my camera.

I've seen this one at a couple of other shows, and it is always brought in on a trailer. It didn't have the year on its information plaque that was propped up in the engine bay, so I rely on you guys to tell me. I'm guessing a 96 or 97, but idk. I was hoping they'd start it up and run it, but they never did, not while I was there anyway.

EDIT: D'OH! I put this in the wrong section. SOOO SORRY GUYS! If some modly person would move it to the appropriate place, I'd appreciate! I clearly need more coffee this morning.

Last edited by Batenswytch; 10-25-2009 at 11:26 AM.
Old 10-25-2009, 12:08 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

I wish I could have a trailer queen but that isn't possible for me.
Old 10-25-2009, 12:55 PM
Batenswytch
redneck gamer nerd chick

Well, I knock them, but truthfully, I'm always a bit envious. LOL My two are DD's and my husband's gets driven a lot, just not a DD, and never trailered except to bring it home when he bought it. It did bug me a little this car won the Best Mustang prize, just for that reason, he doesn't drive it, which makes the NOz seem silly... why have all that cool shyte on a late model Mustang and then not use it? (I say this bc I've seen it at other shows and its always trailered in) Its like having a stunning, prize winning Thoroughbred race horse, and keeping him in the barn, trailer, or paddock all the time.

Maybe someday in the future he'll have the last laugh when that car is worth the big bucks b/c he's kept the miles off it, but me, personally? I say:

Let that PONY RUN!
Old 10-25-2009, 01:05 PM
Jewel01GT
1st Gear Member

It is a nice looking car though...

Good reference with the thoroughbred horse...do you have horses are ride? Or is it just a car thing?
Old 10-25-2009, 01:40 PM
Batenswytch
redneck gamer nerd chick

Mostly a car thing. I do have a friend that owns a retired race horse though, and his neighbors did breed race horses at one time, so I know a little about the nature of a Thoroughbred. His horse is so intelligent and just amazing... its almost impossible to keep him at a walk. Running is what that horse was born to do, and when I see folks with awesome cars that putter around in them, I think wow, let that thing run a little!
Old 10-25-2009, 07:21 PM
Jewel01GT
1st Gear Member

I agree, well said!

Very cool that you neighbor has a retired race horse, esp with there being no slaughter (legally) in the USA anymore...most race horses that are too slow go to Canada or Mexico to meet a worse fate than they would have faced in the USA. Same problem with the mustangs.
Old 10-26-2009, 07:28 AM
james21v

well i think this is great pics... my neighbor has one in the garage.. and we some time go out for picnic... next time i will post great pics...
Old 10-26-2009, 08:16 AM
Batenswytch
redneck gamer nerd chick

Jewel - Prince *part of the horse's registered name* was actually a stud... and was kicked by another horse in the wahoos... rather than put him down, they gelded him, and gave him to our friend, who then used him as a roping horse... and Prince is AWESOME at it... if he can keep him from shooting past the steer. LOL He's sooo high strung... you can watch him constantly figit if he has to stand still very long, just a gorgeous animal. Putting him down would have been a tragedy.

James: Pix would be awesome...
Old 10-26-2009, 11:47 AM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

Cobra does look clean!!
Old 10-26-2009, 12:01 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

since my wife and I have been car pooling my car is been sitting a lot but I drove it for a long time before this. Even the paint chips shine. I'm use to just painting the beast , hood and bumper that is ever once in while. Doesn't help living near the ocean either. I kinda feel bad when I put my car in a car show but I never feel bad driving it. There should be a class just for us. Doncha think?

Quick Reply: Sharp Cobra at yesterday's show - trailer queen